Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think most people should keep calm at this point and let this develop before all the ED's are condemned.

It is not looking good but remember the DX09 had a few oily leaks from some members that everyone thought would be widespread but nothing came of it.

That is really crappy, the fact that HT went with the rubber option again in the first place and that they didn't seem to make any improvements on the rubber they used.

A lowball, nasty move by HT in my opinion.

It's also completely inexplicable and confounding on their part. The rubber rot issue on the first release was widespread and well documented. For some, it began rotting and cracking very very quickly maybe due to extremes of climate or something - for others like me in more moderate climates it took a few years - but it is now happening. It was inevitable.

I don't know what this material is, rubber? Silicone? Whatever, looks like its going to be cracking and rotting just like on the first ED-209. Why not go with hard plastic? Why tempt fate again? Ridiculous.

I think most people should keep calm at this point and let this develop before all the ED's are condemned.

It is not looking good but remember the DX09 had a few oily leaks from some members that everyone thought would be widespread but nothing came of it.

If its happening to some chances are its going to happen to all of them, even if it takes some a longer time than it does others. The first release bears that out.

It's also completely inexplicable and confounding on their part. The rubber rot issue on the first release was widespread and well documented. For some, it began rotting and cracking very very quickly maybe due to extremes of climate or something - for others like me in more moderate climates it took a few years - but it is now happening. It was inevitable.

I don't know what this material is, rubber? Silicone? Whatever, looks like its going to be cracking and rotting just like on the first ED-209. Why not go with hard plastic? Why tempt fate again? Ridiculous.
I believe the new dome is soft PVC. Not sure why they didn't just make it plastic with a flat matte black finish on it.

Shocking stuff.

'Ching, Ching the dollars just keep adding up baby' is their mentality it would seem.

My ED is also affected.

Saw Tracker Predators Post on FB and immediately checked mine.
Small cracks.... what f&;! is this Hot Zoys???

I don't think we should wait that matter out!

The lobger we wait the smaller the possibility of getting help from HT gets.

I for one am relatively "secure" in Germany since we have a 6 months warranty.
You american fellows are probably running out of time... :(

And I don't think we should simply hold still and accept this so easy.
I mean: mine is only A MONTH outta the box.
Regarding the problems about the old figure this is inacceptable.

The corner of mine looks melted. Everything is fine but that corner, which almost looks like somebody took a lighter to it. ****!

Just spoke to SS. They aren't honoring any sort of returns outside their 30 day window.

Where is everyone keeping theirs? Out of light? Temperature?

This shipped to me on April the 28th. Even if it hasn't happened to mine yet I'm not taking a gamble with these guys.

I'll try to contact SSC too. Let's just hope Robocop is not dubbed by an Asian.

This is BS. The rubber dome deteriorating on the original was a very well known issue, but they couldn't fix it with this new version. They should have just made the dome out of plastic.

I reached ot to Hot Toys.
May be a bit naive, but hey: asking is free.

What a stupid f:&".

You know what is the problem:
Unless we can get HT to help us all we get will be excanged figures with the same peoblem again and again.

HT have to change the material just as they did with DX02 and come foward us supporters.

This shipped to me on April the 28th. Even if it hasn't happened to mine yet I'm not taking a gamble with these guys.

I'll try to contact SSC too. Let's just hope Robocop is not dubbed by an Asian.

Mine was shipped about the same time. This really sucks. The girl at SS told me to use some rubber sealant. I'm not too keen on doing that to a $400+ piece. It was HT's job to figure this out!

Back