Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have emailed hot toys a few times over the last few months . General questions never got a response once. at least enterbay said **** off.

Whenever I emailed them I got a response.

I can't complain until now...

But because of that non existent communication culture of them we should bring it to their FB page.

I will check mine tonight, if there is ANY problem with this, it is going back to the Shop and I will demand a full refund. Granted, I am friends with the owner, but he is a distributor for SS in the Pac NW and when customers follow suit, if they return, this should get some action from Sideshow. Damn you Hot Toys! why did you not use hard plastic for the dome, STUPID mother ****ers!

Ah, Anthrapoid.

Probably now our talks about a custom cast resin done should proceed! ;)
You know, I honestly thought that the new domes would be a totally different type of rubber, and this nightmare would be avoided... wishful thinking. My dome looks perfect, so I guess I need to get on this job as soon as possible. I am going through some health issues though, so I need to deal with that first. Hopefully that will be behind me in a few weeks, maybe two months at the most. In the meantime, I will start ordering the materials and then I'll do the easy preparation steps. Fortunately my dome is showing no signs of cracking at all... I just hope it stays that way long enough to make a good mold.
I actually think it will, for the following reason: When the Hot Toys ALIEN Dallas and Kane came out, (and the Big Chap, Alien Warrior and Dog Alien) almost everyone who bought them was soon complaining that the rubber suits/skin were degrading and cracking. I bought all five of the ALIEN figures, and they never degraded at all to this very day. I think the climate I live in is in the 'Goldylocks zone' for Hot Toys rubber.

You know, I honestly thought that the new domes would be a totally different type of rubber, and this nightmare would be avoided... wishful thinking. My dome looks perfect, so I guess I need to get on this job as soon as possible. I am going through some health issues though, so I need to deal with that first. Hopefully that will be behind me in a few weeks, maybe two months at the most. In the meantime, I will start ordering the materials and then I'll do the easy preparation steps. Fortunately my dome is showing no signs of cracking at all... I just hope it stays that way long enough to make a good mold.
I actually think it will, for the following reason: When the Hot Toys ALIEN Dallas and Kane came out, (and the Big Chap, Alien Warrior and Dog Alien) almost everyone who bought them was soon complaining that the rubber suits/skin were degrading and cracking. I bought all five of the ALIEN figures, and they never degraded at all to this very day. I think the climate I live in is in the 'Goldylocks zone' for Hot Toys rubber.

Where in California are you?

Hey A. I hope your health concerns get resolved soon! Our climate here in South Western Canada seems good for HT Rubber as well, we will see though.

My whole frontal dome cracked. :( ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405024995.201983.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405025004.471400.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405025014.918703.jpg

I live about 4 miles East of the Eastern shore of San Francisco Bay. It gets very hot here in the summer, but I have good AC running. In the winter, it gets fairly cold and damp inside the house. I can't really figure out why these conditions would spare ALL FIVE of my alien figure's rubber suits for six years now...
I have the hot weather controlled with the AC, but I can't do anything about the damp of the rainy months of winter; so I'm going to do the ED domes long before that time comes.
...and thanks ebor, I'm doing my best.

One other thing: I'm seeing in all the photos of the beginning stages of cracking, the domes all appear to have a very matte surface. Mine came out of the box looking somewhat shiny, as if a fine layer of oil had been sprayed on. Mine still looks that way, very different from the matte in the photos. I'm wondering if HT produced a batch of EDs without treating the rubber, then in mid-stream they started applying some kind of sealer to the rubber domes, and I was lucky enough to receive the treated version. Comments?

Last edited:
I live about 5 miles East of the Eastern shore of San Francisco Bay. It gets very hot here in the summer, but I have good AC running. In the winter, it gets fairly cold and damp inside the house. I can't really figure out why these conditions would spare ALL FIVE of my alien figure's rubber suits for six years now...
I have the hot weather controlled with the AC, but I can't do anything about the damp of the rainy months of winter; so I'm going to do the ED domes long before that time comes.
I live further south in Orange County. Very similar conditions weather wise and i'm about a mile from the ocean. Yet mine is cracking. Very very strange. I'll be looking forward to more info on your dome when you get time to work on it. I may be very interested in one

I live about 4 miles East of the Eastern shore of San Francisco Bay. It gets very hot here in the summer, but I have good AC running. In the winter, it gets fairly cold and damp inside the house. I can't really figure out why these conditions would spare ALL FIVE of my alien figure's rubber suits for six years now...

One other thing: I'm seeing in all the photos of the beginning stages of cracking, the domes all appear to have a very matte surface. Mine came out of the box looking somewhat shiny, as if a fine layer of oil had been sprayed on. Mine still looks that way, very different from the matte in the photos. I'm wondering if HT produced a batch of EDs without treating the rubber, then in mid-stream they started applying some kind of sealer to the rubber domes, and I was lucky enough to receive the treated version. Comments?

Mine's shiny too, but while not cracking yet, it is showing signs of degradation.

Did you purchase there? or somewhere else? You will have to take it back to the shop that you got it.

No, I got it from Urban Samurai in Burnaby. Hopefully it'll be okay but not sure about the long-term implications.

Back