Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I think it's time for me to pick this guy up. Coupon is out and I was going to use it and buy Iron Patriot but I think ED wins the battle. I'll think about it.

Sure there are some negs but over all, a Robocop fan will have fun with this piece.
Check out my video... Let me know exactly what you think, buddy boy.:pfft:

Thanks for sharing brother but just a piece of advice; I'd straighten out dem arms before the twisted arm police come to lock you up and throw away the key :wink1:

I've always thought certain aspects can be compared between a low-end and high-end toy of the same subject, things like screen accuracy. You see that with Predators all the time, the NECA ones more often than not are deemed more accurate than the Hot Toys ones. Same with the Aliens. The quality is inferior of course (well actually, not necessarily in the case of the Aliens) but quality has no bearing on accuracy to source material.

I even used to compare the NECA Arnie likenesses to those achieved by Hot Toys and in some ways I thought NECA's Kyle Windrix had a better handle on Arnie than Yulli did. I still kinda do, even though I no longer rate the T2 Arnie sculpt by NECA quite as high as I used to, it has the shape of his head and the hairstyle down way better than HT have ever achieved all the way up to and including DX13.

Which is not to say that I'll tell someone to buy the NECA stuff over Hot Toys. But if it's simply for the sake of discussion, yeah I think there's things that can be said, there's ways in which you can compare them and I daresay even suggest that low-end did something better than high-end. Quality and impressiveness will never be one of those things though.

I can see what you mean about certain accuracy standpoints. The Preds for example (I'm actually a Pred fan but not one savvy enough to to know markings, every curve of any given bio, etc. so I wasn't aware that Neca had actually outdone HT in certain ways in that sense. Interesting). I get what you mean about certain aspects of likeness (like in your Arnie example) but still and all, I guess I just view the two products as items that are way too different to compare to each other. Sure, I guess there's the rare occasional instance where a 7" fig can win a point in a certain category over a high end 1/6 figure, but generally speaking and to sum up the big picture, this: https://necaonline.com/35745/produc...ion-fig-spring-loaded-holster-robocop-case-6/ just doesn't stack up to this: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/robocop-robocop-hot-toys-901935/ in any way that they can be properly compared. There are very good reasons why both products are price the way they are which sets them a world apart in my eyes. Maybe I'm in the minority but that's just how I see it :peace

Cheers man, I take no issue with what you've said. You're not at all in the minority. I can see you understood my point and that's all I would have asked for there. At the end of the day quality will win out in most people's eyes over things like accuracy. In fact, on the accuracy front, I'm not sure, maybe the Hot Toys ED wins there too. I haven't done any comparisons myself.

It's not that I don't dig the Neca type figs because lord knows I have a ton of them. Maybe I should stop being such a fkin' geek and open these things so I can do a proper comparison myself :lol :wink1:

Does anybody have this issue?? He wasn't in direct sunlight. I hope it doesn't get any worse. Damn........

20140710_103000_zpsbv8nhopp.jpg

20140710_103009_zpsrznrd3ca.jpg

20140710_103017_zpsj1ci1zkf.jpg

HT HQ if this gets bad -

Uruk_hai_en_el_Abismo_de_Helm.jpeg

That was in response to your LOTR gif. :lol
tumblr_inline_n6kv3q1zKa1rrpit5.gif

:lol Guess this whole issue will keep me from picking this up soon. Hope this isn't a wide spread issue like the first release. No idea why they didn't go for a completely different material.

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_n6kv3q1zKa1rrpit5.gif

:lol Guess this whole issue with keep me from picking this up soon. Hope this isn't a wide spread issue like the first release. No idea why they didn't go for a completely different material.

LOL! Oh man...

I feel really sorry for the Tracker_Predator and I hope like what Hologram AI said that it is not widespread.

Hey Tracker how long have you had him for buddy?

Posted the issue on FB and there's already another account for this. They just checked the figure after seeing the issue and noticed it was on his as well.

Best if everybody checked their figure. Seems like there'll be a lot of domes rotting away again.

10552395_10202398112449910_4070036724549659712_n.jpg

Maybe a week after Sideshow had their release. Got him through a local shop.

Posted the issue on FB and there's already another account for this. They just checked the figure after seeing the issue and noticed it was on his as well.

Best if everybody checked their figure. Seems like there'll be a lot of domes rotting away again.

Man that sucks.

HT need to take account if this escalates.

Oh no. I guess I better check mine closely when I get home. He's been on my dresser since I got him in April and direct light doesn't hit him. Room is well cooled too. Maybe I should just sell him before the inevitable dome disaster begins.

What a ****ing joke.

That is really crappy, the fact that HT went with the rubber option again in the first place and that they didn't seem to make any improvements on the rubber they used.

A lowball, nasty move by HT in my opinion.

That's my picture. Thanks for posting it here as i was just about to do the same. It's probably not that a reviewer get this happening to his because i REALLY feel like making a video talking about this. Especially in my review, i specifically mention how we don't know what will happen. Hot Toys was utterly silent about this very huge problem before and refused (at least to my knowledge) to acknowledge if it was addressed for this second release.
https://youtu.be/pKBdApBfFMU?t=8m23s

Back