Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just placed an order for Robocop! Flex him from Nov-Feb. Will be cheap and I can have him in my collection. :yess:

Terrible direction to go with the Robocop design; as others have said, looks like a guy in a suit. Walks like a guy in a suit. With the visor up (also terrible), looks like a guy in a scuba gear hood.

henderson.7mm.gold.hood.a.jpg
perfect direction with Robocop design.

743254_060813_96_ArtFile_ru.jpg

and i don't know what **** you called robocop in your post.

Watched that trailer.

Looks like poo.

Are you suprised? Robocop worked for the 80's when robots and sci-fi were popular, remaking it now just doesnt work.
I honestly dont want more robocop i enjoyed the original and even 2 and 3 (underated). Hollywood is just lazy.
Hollywood also doesnt get that PETER WELLER is what made robocop good as well. You can't replace Peter in my book.

Yeah, Robert Burke (forgot if that's his correct name) couldn't fill Peter Weller's shoes. And the PG-13 rating took a lot of what could've been...

Yeah, Robert Burke (forgot if that's his correct name) couldn't fill Peter Weller's shoes. And the PG-13 rating took a lot of what could've been...

Robert Burke cant really measure up to Peter but i dont think he was bad either, he looked great in the suit.
I prefer 3's story which had him fighting against the crooked OCP and revenge for anne louis.
Robocop 2 with the whole drug dealer/nuke story i never liked, didnt like the music either.
I also liked in 3 that robocop had that jetpack and cool gun combo. While 3 is definitely cheesy i still liked it.

Did i elaborate enough?

Are you suprised? Robocop worked for the 80's when robots and sci-fi were popular, remaking it now just doesnt work.
I honestly dont want more robocop i enjoyed the original and even 2 and 3 (underated). Hollywood is just lazy.
Hollywood also doesnt get that PETER WELLER is what made robocop good as well. You can't replace Peter in my book.

Thats what everyone said about jack nicolson / joker. There was a huge uproar when HL was announced, look what that turned out. I am a big RW fan but i can promise you if anyone has seen the killing will gurantee JK is no less of an actor. In fact he is outstanding. The rest would depend on the script and direction which i am more worried about. But JK is truly an outstanding actor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Which was utterly eliminated when we saw how awesome he looked and acted in the trailer. Not so with this new dude playing Murphy. Looks and sounds like a tool.

I wld advise you to see a few episodes of killing season 1 and 2. He is a great actor. My worry is more on justice to story / script and direction. JK is an awesome actor. Its always tough to up a classic and i am skeptical as well of this, being a hard core fan of the original robocop i saw in school days. But i still do have an open mind especially cause of JK

^^agreed. incredible actor. had no interest in this at all unitl i saw joel as murphy in the trailer, really.

Just to add to that... People are also forgetting that apart from the 10 pct of us, there are a 90 pct teens and in twenties who may not have seen the classic version nor known much about PW. So its only fair to do a remake. Plus even if they see it today they may not relate much to it cause back then in time, what we saw was ahead of times, and we continue to respect it for that, and shld. But that does not mean we shld start trashing it (remake) without giving a chance. If it is bad, yes we will and trash it like no tomorrow, but i am so far happy with the star cast and that they did give a flavour of the earlier suit as well in the beginning. Also, imagine if they get into the nuances on how they create a half robo half human. Could be interesting is all i say. JK, SJ, GO are all great actors. Abbie cornish may be a half hearted star cast, but i think she will do well in a non glamorous role of a cop wife, cause we dint need some cute looking miss perfect for this plot anyways.

Well, I just watched the trailer, and I like the new suit, like what little I saw from the 'supporting' actors :)wink1:) I will def. see this movie.

Yep a definite watch... An extended ED vs robo battle is also on the cards. Saw a video in which ED blows up a tank ;) plus Ed looks mean A** in the new one. Never was a fan of the old ED.

Back