Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it doesnt work, i literally have to take one of the battery out and install it

I assume the batteries are new and of a respected brand. It could be cheap bad wiring, it's not unheard of. I mean what do you expect for $300?

Fwiw,I've had my figure since Oct. last year, never even put batteries in it. To me, that "feature" doesn't exist. Even if it did, it would most likely break someday anyway because HT uses crap rubber glue, snaps, and electronics.

I assume the batteries are new and of a respected brand. It could be cheap bad wiring, it's not unheard of. I mean what do you expect for $300?

Fwiw,I've had my figure since Oct. last year, never even put batteries in it. To me, that "feature" doesn't exist. Even if it did, it would most likely break someday anyway because HT uses crap rubber glue, snaps, and electronics.

Yes, brand new Duracell I have in there. I will call SS tomorrow and see if I can get a replacement...

Still a month to get this sucker. I am more excited about the BD + Murphy pack I think?

In the end where were the diecast parts?? and the percentage?

Any mods to be done?

Still a month to get this sucker. I am more excited about the BD + Murphy pack I think?

In the end where were the diecast parts?? and the percentage?

Any mods to be done?

I think the only mod I've seen was the repaint which has more blue-purple undertones.

As for the die-cast parts, check out OMG's diagram, die-cast in purple. Yup. All that die-cast for an extra $30 :lol I think the full-BD version has no die-cast parts at all, which tells us that this could have been all-plastic and still look as awesome. (full-BD is only $5 cheaper though, so we can assume Weller's likeness cost a lot).

RobocopHD225_zps6f30d92b.jpg

From SS regarding my issue:

As for the issue you are having, after about 10 minutes or so Robocop will go into a stand-by mode if he is not in use but still left on. We would recommend turning the figure off when not in use. Please also try cleaning the contact points for the batteries with rubbing alcohol and a Q-Tip. This will properly insure that the batteries are making solid contact with the figure.

Is it true that the sound feature has a "stand by" mode??

From SS regarding my issue:

As for the issue you are having, after about 10 minutes or so Robocop will go into a stand-by mode if he is not in use but still left on. We would recommend turning the figure off when not in use. Please also try cleaning the contact points for the batteries with rubbing alcohol and a Q-Tip. This will properly insure that the batteries are making solid contact with the figure.

Is it true that the sound feature has a "stand by" mode??
yes, it's why I asked u to turn it off than back on, to bypass the stand by mode
I'm wondering if the sound function would still work if you turned the switch off, before the stand by mode is engaged

yes, it's why I asked u to turn it off than back on, to bypass the stand by mode
I'm wondering if the sound function would still work if you turned the switch off, before the stand by mode is engaged

So when the switch is left on and the standby mode kicks in and the sound feature will not work, I turned the switch the figure from on to off, then back on and it still doesn't work....I will have to take the battery out and reinstall it for it to work again. is this normal?

So when the switch is left on and the standby mode kicks in and the sound feature will not work, I turned the switch the figure from on to off, then back on and it still doesn't work....I will have to take the battery out and reinstall it for it to work again. is this normal?
What happens is when you leave it on, for more than 10 minutes, the remote function no longer works, as if the figure was off.
To remedy, all I have to do is to turn robo off, then on again and the sound function works

So last year I bought the 1/6 Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile cause I just couldn't resist the insanely low price on amazon japan. It was about $270 SHIPPED.

But then it arrived in a box the size of a refigerator, and buyer's remorse set in...what was I supposed to DO with this giant thing? I mean it's amazing and all, but just ridiculously impractical.

So I wrote myself several notes and reminders to NOT purchase expensive high end stuff just cause I can get a deal. And I've stuck to it. I passed on ED 209 which was around $200.

But now RoboCop is up on amazon japan BRAND NEW for 17,000 yen. Ughghghghghg. Soooo tempted. But it's too much money. I can't do it. But...such a discount.....but my NECA Robo and ED are good enough....

Amazon Japan doesn't ship outside Japan either, so these deals are unfortunately no good to collectors outside the country. I guess Robo isn't exactly flying off the shelves here.

Man. If I buy it I'll regret it, but if I don't, I'll kick myself for passing on it when the value skyrockets.

I don't know.

I DO know I'd definitely grab the Battle-Damaged Murphy face version if it were that cheap.

So last year I bought the 1/6 Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile cause I just couldn't resist the insanely low price on amazon japan. It was about $270 SHIPPED.

But then it arrived in a box the size of a refigerator, and buyer's remorse set in...what was I supposed to DO with this giant thing? I mean it's amazing and all, but just ridiculously impractical.

So I wrote myself several notes and reminders to NOT purchase expensive high end stuff just cause I can get a deal. And I've stuck to it. I passed on ED 209 which was around $200.

But now RoboCop is up on amazon japan BRAND NEW for 17,000 yen. Ughghghghghg. Soooo tempted. But it's too much money. I can't do it. But...such a discount.....but my NECA Robo and ED are good enough....

Amazon Japan doesn't ship outside Japan either, so these deals are unfortunately no good to collectors outside the country. I guess Robo isn't exactly flying off the shelves here.

Man. If I buy it I'll regret it, but if I don't, I'll kick myself for passing on it when the value skyrockets.

I don't know.

I DO know I'd definitely grab the Battle-Damaged Murphy face version if it were that cheap.

Grab it. :monkey3

Back