Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Pleasantly surprised or expectantly disappointed is my guess :lol

Feelings on the Bane figma and caricature in general,

15449898641.gif

But Hawdy is Ben and Ben is Hawdy? Da masked man doesn't exist (thank goodness).

If collectors want an intimidating looking Bane, just do what the film production crew attempted, use camera trickery and different angles (low with heavy shadows) to make it appear he's a "TERRIFYING BRUTE" instead of a fruit cup with a crappy ass mask and a dumb looking vest.

Oh and a gay winter fashion coat that our wives and girlfriends would love to own.

Oh and a terrible voice.

Also make 1/6 boxes for him to stand on when around other figures to make him appear taller. Also use a stunt figure for shots where he's being a physical Bane. Also use forced perspective when around your Bale figures. Nolan had to heavily mod his actual Tom Hawdy figure for the film, why can't collectors?

Eh, just buy more Joker figures guys! They're the only good ones. :lecture

Exactly what Burton did with keaton :panic::blissy:rotfl

Not gonna lie, I'm greatly amused by those who really think of Bane's coat as anything remotely "gay". The design is most definitely inspired by those old European army coats (possibly French or maybe even Russian), which is far from anything that's viewed as being stereotypically "gay". If people think that such a design looks very flamboyant (and I have seen various people commenting about it similarly or worse), they seriously need to get out more. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

My winter coat that I've had for a few years looks a lot like Bane's but it's shorter. I just wanted to share that with you all. :1-1:

I decided to order this figure last night. I figured I've already got the other 2012 The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises already or are coming to me so wanted to complete my set. Now if only I could find a Harvey Dent and a Scarecrow. Hopefully Hot Toys does a Ra's at some point too.

But you're Boba Ben, not Bane. So the coat looks good on you and is very straight and manly.

Bane on the other hand is very chique. Talia is more masculine than this crying, smelly weirdo.

True that. I don't pop my collar and surf on camo Tumblers either.

Everyone keeps saying that Hardy's stuntdouble is so much more bigger than him....

tumblr_me9r1gCDpX1r9etxzo1_500.png

Not really. :dunno

He's more ripped that 'big.' Hardy was bulky, but not ripped. He doesn't have those back muscles the stunt double did climbing down that chain.

He's more ripped that 'big.' Hardy was bulky, but not ripped. He doesn't have those back muscles the stunt double did climbing down that chain.

that scene at the beginning of the movie, when gordon is in the sewer with bane. Bene looks huge there (including his back).. that wasn't the stunt? wasn't he?

that scene at the beginning of the movie, when gordon is in the sewer with bane. Bene looks huge there (including his back).. that wasn't the stunt? wasn't he?

I think that was definitely Hardy. Although if you look at Bane during the chain-climbing sequence, the physique definitely looks different and more toned:

tumblr_m9xama4xe21rcglgbo2_1280.gif

Wouldn't your muscles buldge out as you stress them as opposed to relaxing them?

Back