Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given if its a fake, his account will get tons of attention since he sold over 20 hawkeye and I'm sure whoever receives them can easily tell if its a fake or not.
So eBay does look into recent sales made by this seller and how many policy complaints he receives. No matter if you return back item or not, eBay will always look at his history and complains.
20+ were sold of this figure and if at least half of those file a dispute, basically you're guaranteed a refund right away.

I got the same letter from a different seller but same figure, mine was "based" in Canada:

Dear friend:
Thank you for your business!
We have received your payment, thank you.
Your item has been shipped.
As usual,the shipping time is about 10-18 Business Day.
If you have not receive it after 25 Business Day,pls ask us to check it for you.
Also,we will keep checking your shipping information for you .

Note: We hope it arrive on time.
but since this is an international delivery,shipping time will be highly depended on the courier company
and local customs/duties.

After you receive the item, if satisfied, please you leave us a positive comment, and a 5-star Detailed Seller Rating, if not satisfied, please contact me, I will give you a satisfactory answer.

Because our prices are low, can only use ordinary air parcel send. No track number.
Thank you for your understanding.

- esdeuo99 (ebay id)

Now I'm starting to worry but I know I'll get my money back someday.

Oh man, I was looking to buy a Toy Fair Batman/Bruce Wayne figure from that same seller a week back. It was only $300, and I thought it was too good to be true, and held off...

His location in Canada was actually only an hour or two drive away from me, so if I ordered, I would have gotten it much sooner and been able to report here, since it wouldn't be international... (assuming he was actually based here)

I'm really hoping for these to not be a scam, so I'm watching this thread closely... but things aren't looking too good...

Oh man, I was looking to buy a Toy Fair Batman/Bruce Wayne figure from that same seller a week back. It was only $300, and I thought it was too good to be true, and held off...

His location in Canada was actually only an hour or two drive away from me, so if I ordered, I would have gotten it much sooner and been able to report here, since it wouldn't be international... (assuming he was actually based here)

I'm really hoping for these to not be a scam, so I'm watching this thread closely... but things aren't looking too good...

The only reason I bought it was because it says mailing from Canada.

Even if it is a fake, it may still be a great figure.
But in my opinion, I don't believe he is even selling fakes, but nothing at all. He may just run away with all the money he's acquired.

I looked over his feedback and the only positive remarks he received from eBay buyers were for beads. Anyone that left him feedback for a hot toy figure had a rating of under 10 (which most likely means they are setup by the seller).

I really hope it's not a scam and at least you get a bootleg, but high quality replica Hawkeye.

I just haven't read anything online regarding replicas of this figure so...

Even if it is a fake, it may still be a great figure.
But in my opinion, I don't believe he is even selling fakes, but nothing at all. He may just run away with all the money he's acquired.

I looked over his feedback and the only positive remarks he received from eBay buyers were for beads. Anyone that left him feedback for a hot toy figure had a rating of under 10 (which most likely means they are setup by the seller).

I really hope it's not a scam and at least you get a bootleg, but high quality replica Hawkeye.

I just haven't read anything online regarding replicas of this figure so...

he was selling MK 7, Hulks, and Hawkeyes. wonder how much $$$$ he would of got in the half the day he had them up for.

but your right hope the people that risked it get at least something, either a figure or there money back

I tried asking for pics in-hand with his eBay username and date and everything, he didn't even bother to respond to me. 2 days now. I hate to say I told you so but I'm hoping to be proven wrong for all those people who ordered from him. Good luck, mates!

There is one vital thing that several unfortunate friends here seem to have not done. There have been at least three, very recent, "eBay Scam" threads open and running on these boards. It's all here on the forums...even the exact modus operandi of the bogus sellers. It never changes,

1) A high number of 'hard-to-get' HT items suddenly appear as available. They are things like Hawkeye and IM Mk-VI etc and they are reasonable prices, tempting prices.
2) They are all listed as starting at the same time on the same day.
3) They are all shown to end at the same time, on the same day too.
4) The seller has a 100% feedback record.
5) If contacted they will respond with something that seems positive to begin with.
6) They then will not answer any other comms you send them, unless it's another fobb-off.
7) Then you start to get apprehensive about it and check out this 100% feedback rating, what you look at is ratings for crappy ultra-low value items, beads, socks, scarves, gloves.

Alternative versions of number (8)

8a) The seller vanishes off the face of the Earth and, because of how it is timed, you never see your money again.

OR....

8b) Some sellers have decided that scamming folks out of their money is not enough on it own...oh no. Some have decided to rub salt into the wound and given you a tracking number that (miracle of miracles) does seem to work, slowly as your package travels on its journey.

Only to arrive in your hands and it be a pair of socks of some cheap neck scarf or two. The seller will then infer that, as the package arrived and that you signed for it...it is infact you that is the scam artist, trying to pull of some con trick of a non-arrival claim.

Check out the eBay scam threads folks, it what this type of community is set up for.

^^^ You said it. :clap And there's no chance a seller will refund unless they receive the item that you will be returning and even so, they probably won't provide a refund since it was a scam to begin with. Unless the listing was worded poorly, expect to pay a high value price for rare items on Evil-Bay... if it's too good to be true, then it probably isn't.

If they have loads of money, why not spend more to buy from a creditable and reputable retailer or supplier then? :dunno

I am sure the thought you might actually save money can be tempting.
But when something sells for $500 on Ebay, and then you see someone selling it for $250 BIN, alarm bells must be ringing.
I really hope they arrive...
But we all know they might not.

Yeah trading the BD Mk7 for a Hawkeye is legit. Trading a Hawkeye for a preorder is bogus if the person loses a Hawkeye AND is expected to pay for the $300 Bd Mk 7, but maybe you didn't mean that and your wording was just wonky.

if you offered to trade your BD MK 7 for this im sure you would get some takers

Yeah trading the BD Mk7 for a Hawkeye is legit. Trading a Hawkeye for a preorder is bogus if the person loses a Hawkeye AND is expected to pay for the $300 Bd Mk 7, but maybe you didn't mean that and your wording was just wonky.

It's funny how Hawkeye, a secondary character that many people passed on, would even be considered an easy trade with BD MK VII, a limited edition that sold out quickly. Although the reality is it would be difficult to achieve unless someone has 2 Hawkeyes. Someone like myself who has but one, trading him would leave an Avengers line incomplete. Especially since there was a "mass" produced MK VII which most have and don't need another MK VII. Would end up with 2 versions of the same figure, but no Hawkeye. Cases like this Hawkeye is worth more than the others. Hard to believe isn't it?
Best of luck to you.

Hell, I considered it for a second. But it took me too long to get a good deal on my Hawkeye to give it up so quickly :)

Back