Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS??? - Avengers: Hawkeye

Maybe because they don't look as interesting? The Avengers characters look more like their comic counterparts than do the First Class characters for the most part (excluding freaky blue and red people, of course), meaning that they are more colorful and exotic looking. And HT shies away from doing the more boring looking characters for the most part. They explicitly said that in an interview when asked about Inception figures.

I will buy this as I would like the Avengers figures. Sadly I will not be able to get a new Iron Man to replace my MkIII or Thor V2.0, but I will get Captain America from the film and the Hulk when he arrives.

Not sure about Black Widow and Fury though.

Big pass on Hurt Eye. I want to see the heavy hitters, but looks like we're getting the undercard of the avengers first. BW next?

THESE guys are "Avengers" to me:

avengers11.jpg

Fury, Hawkeye, and BW look like the stars of a Blade: Trinity remake.

I don't foresee him selling on the order of a Cap or Thor, much less Iron Man. He may not even sell as well as Fury, considering that at the moment, many movie fans are more familiar with Jackson's fury than Hawkeye as a character.

I agree, with one caveat. We haven't seen him in action (that Thor scene doesn't count) and there is a good chance that if Hawkeye becomes a stand-out character in Avengers or has some key scenes that really stand out, demand for this figure could go up quite a bit after everyone has seen the movie.

:exactly:

I mean Hawkeye before Magneto :slap

Strange that X-men is evidently a low priority for HT. They're superheroes too :dunno

As much as many of us want X-Men figures, there is no way that either of you can possibly be shocked to see Fury, HE and probabaly other Avengers announcements first. :dunno

The movie comes out in 6 weeks. XFC was out a year ago. For some reason, HT missed the boat on releasing them then.

Black Widow will be next. :lecture

Yeah, looks like they will try and pump these out fast though so even if there is one more revealed before the films release I'm sure there will be another one or two a month or so after.

Yeah, looks like they will try and pump these out fast though so even if there is one more revealed before the films release I'm sure there will be another one or two a month or so after.

You're probably right. I just can't wait to see what the whole team looks like. :yess:

Strange that X-men is evidently a low priority for HT. They're superheroes too :dunno

:exactly: but HT are dropping the ball on plenty of licenses :gah:

As much as many of us want X-Men figures, there is no way that either of you can possibly be shocked to see Fury, HE and probabaly other Avengers announcements first.

Err, if you understand the concept of time and order you can

:goodpost: :lol :lol

THESE guys are "Avengers" to me:

avengers11.jpg

Fair point. I, too, would have preferred they give Hawkeye a more comic-accurate look. Despite the fact that Avengers Cap seems to miss the mark, at least they gave it a shot, and HT should be able to finagle that outfit so that it looks great on the shelf. Having said that, BW looks pretty similar to her most common comic look, so I don't fault that choice by the creative team.

I agree, with one caveat. We haven't seen him in action (that Thor scene doesn't count) and there is a good chance that if Hawkeye becomes a stand-out character in Avengers or has some key scenes that really stand out, demand for this figure could go up quite a bit after everyone has seen the movie.
'Tis possible! But Two-Face was awesome in Dark Knight, and an awesome HT figure, yet sales floundered. I can think of no reason other than the fact that he was a b-level Batman foe in the grand scheme of things, and looked a bit hum-drum next to Joker and Batman on the shelf, despite the burned face and suit. Hawkeye could suffer the same fate. . .again, for awhile :D Considering that we're not likely to get Hawkeye V2, V3, V4, etc. like we will for your Iron Men, Caps, and Thors until Avengers 2 comes out (if then), I think this one has a huge potential for increasing in value.

:

Err, if you understand the concept of time and order you can

I think it should be the other way around. May I do understand how things work and you don't. They are releasing Avengers, NOT X-Men!

I'm just saying.:dunno

Seriously thinking I will buy and modify into Green Arrow!

arrow-3-19-480x320.jpg

Looks great so far, but like others have stated, I have no interest in Hawkeye or Black Widow.

Back