Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4719.jpg

IMG_4710.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

Some new info about IM from this week milk :wave

- HT still working on MK V, it "may" include battle damage parts like MK VI
- HT is planning a couple IM big project which is going to shock everyone when announce. :clap
- RDJ is the reason HT not showing any Tony Stark sculpt. Kojun's sculpt has been rejected by RDJ couple times now and things is getting worse ... and worse:slap

- HT is planning a couple IM big project which is going to shock everyone when announce. :clap
- RDJ is the reason HT not showing any Tony Stark sculpt. Kojun's sculpt has been rejected by RDJ couple times now and things is getting worse ... and worse:slap

Points one and points two are exciting point three is a bummer. C'mon RDJ it is a freaking toy. :mad:

I said it earlier, forget the RDJ sculpts. The head looks ridiculous on the IM figure and Mech Suit is good enough for those who want to kitbash. Give us Mark suits, drop the price a bit because no "extra" sculpt and move on.....

Maybe Kojun shouldn't be sculpting it then.

RDJ is too self conscious of himself :pfft:

he should have known from the start that his likeness would definitely be used on collectibles the moment he signed on for iron man. :gah:

I really like the sound of "couple IM big projects", lets hope its 1/6 and not some ____ tease 1/4 bust etc.

The first two are interesting. The third not shocking that he's wanting it closer to his really deal likeness but if they have to scrap the likeness and just add another helm to get them out.

The first two are interesting. The third not shocking that he's wanting it closer to his really deal likeness but if they have to scrap the likeness and just add another helm to get them out.

I don't think getting his likeness right is the problem. I have a feeling that RDJ just doesn't want the headsculpt looking exactly like him. All the sculpts released so far aren't entirely spot on. Even the Mech Test version is off ever so slightly. (IMO anyway)

Perhaps he's just one of those actors that don't like their likeness being used for these sort of products, but I do agree, the guy should have realized that this movie franchise would have required exactly that. If it's really gonna be that much of a hassle then HT really should just scrap the headsculpts.

That sends chills down the spine of my wallet.

Downey is an awesome actor but he is a complete diva. I work with actors everyday and most are completely unspooled.

I wonder how the Mech Test head got released?

I don't think getting his likeness right is the problem. I have a feeling that RDJ just doesn't want the headsculpt looking exactly like him. All the sculpts released so far aren't entirely spot on. Even the Mech Test version is off ever so slightly. (IMO anyway)

Perhaps he's just one of those actors that don't like their likeness being used for these sort of products, but I do agree, the guy should have realized that this movie franchise would have required exactly that. If it's really gonna be that much of a hassle then HT really should just scrap the headsculpts.

Thats all probably true. I just want my Iron Man figures.

I wonder how the Mech Test head got released?

I'm hoping they tricked him and said they'll just release the original Mark III sculpt.

In all seriousness, he's a great actor and I really think he plays the Stark role rather well. If he is indeed the reason behind HT not being allowed to use his likeness, then it really is unfortunate for his fans that want to buy these figures. If I were in that man's shoes, I'd do whatever HT needs so I can have my very own figure. I'd pose my face in any expression for hours on end if they needed it. :lol

Regarding the RDJ issue, I read an interview where he admits he's an outcast in Hollywood being that he's a strict Republican conservative.

I'm just guessing here, maybe he's basing his decision on the fact that HT is a Chinese company. :dunno

I don't think it's about being a Diva at all :dunno

Again, i'm just guessing because I have no clue what impact being a Rep or Dem would have on decisions of this matter, but maybe he's just following his own ideological political beliefs.

Or maybe he's just a Diva afterall :lol

Who really knows other than him, his lawyers and the suits at HT, right?

Last edited:
There's a photo floating around of Downey holding that exclusive 6" Mark IV toy at some fair from earlier this year and I always got the feeling that he wasn't very happy holding a toy that has his face on it. He just gave off a vibe of uncomfort or something. I dunno.

What's most important here is for HT to release the best Mark IV/V/VI figures possible. And don't get me wrong, Downey is one of my favorite actors and I enjoy his performance as Tony, but maybe when he leaves the role, Marvel can find an actor of equal caliber that doesn't mind this sort of stuff.

Hey, that's the photo. See, although he's taking that picture holding that figure, I still get the feeling he's not happy about it. That smirks seems rather forced. Plus, has that figure been released yet?

Ehh, like I said, HT should focus on giving us awesome Mark suits and not worry too much about Downey's likeness if it'll be such a problem. I just hope Hemsworth and Evans aren't the same, because I feel it'll be a bigger problem regarding who their characters are.

WHiplash V2! Whiplash V2! WHiplash V2!
:dance :dance :dance :dance

WL V2 would most definitely rock, but does anyone else think that "Big IM project" could possibly mean an Iron Monger???!!! :horror

:dunno but that would be beyond awesome.

I think that's what most of us are thinking. That bootleg version that was in the works got "disappeared" quick. Could mean that HT squashed that so they could get theirs out instead.

Back