Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want ahead and ordered this as it was in stock at popcultcha. I figured I just go ahead and get this one as the diecast windows for way too much money now. I have no idea if this one suffers from the pink panties issue or not. It be nice to think that they would’ve fixed it since the first issue but you never now. I figure worst-case this will look good in the hall of armor I have on preorder. Only thing that stinks is it’s a little shorter than the diecast mark IV I have.

Faded paint is very easy to fix. Don’t worry if it’s faded.

Thanks. I can’t believe the problem is a extra coat of paint that they put on. That’s nuts. You think they would have learned on the reissue

I just want ahead and ordered this as it was in stock at popcultcha. I figured I just go ahead and get this one as the diecast windows for way too much money now. I have no idea if this one suffers from the pink panties issue or not. It be nice to think that they would’ve fixed it since the first issue but you never now. I figure worst-case this will look good in the hall of armor I have on preorder. Only thing that stinks is it’s a little shorter than the diecast mark IV I have.

Did the same for the MS339 at Popcultcha. Felt like my collection is so heavily weighted w. Team Cap...but Tony Stark is like the base of the MCU etc.!!!

Only have the diecast 46, and my lack of knowledge on armors would probably make the dedicated IM collectors cry LOL:cool:. So, OK, the 339 came in - read some comments pro and con, plastic vs. diecast. Can see there's room for both - for one thing, putting the 46 on a flight stand - nope:horror. Not my cherished CW diecast...

So this one IMO is pretty stripped. But bein' on sale + Popcultcha pennies IMO a pretty good deal. Course I had to check out effect w. a custom sculpt - so guess I didn't save any money, really, by the time I'm done:banghead. Haven't even gotten the lights in, but he's fine - fun to work with, so far no *pinkness*, perfect paint, thigh joints tight. Read about the "loose knee" problem? but seems ok-ish - happy w. purchase. Tho wish I had gotten the diecast re the battle damage and blue lights on arms and xtra stuff the diecast has. (If I can, I'll PO the Mark 7!!!)

Out of the box cell pics:

Hot_Toys_IronMan_MMS339_1.jpg

Hot_Toys_IronMan_MMS339_wcustom.jpg

Excellent for my shelves IMO. BTW Popcultcha is selling off a lot of Funko POPs and even w. E2 shipping felt like this guy took a while to get to the States e.g. said on their website something about stuff taking longer. My 1/4 scale polys from them shipped faster a few years ago. Wasn't terrible, but surprising for them based on my few past experiences.

RE; FADED PANTIES. Hi watching siri emerald on youtube recently he has used tamiya clear red spray lacquer TS-74 to good effect as a top coat rather than strippping back & losing the depth of paint.

Having reservations about ordering this re-issue. Doesn't seem like people are confident the pink panty issue has been fixed.

Back