Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still somewhat confused.

Can the VI be converted into a shiny version just like the "candy wine" IV :dunno

Or will there be some damage on him no matter what :dunno

There will be some small scratches, so it won't look like Tony just got the suit factory fresh, but it does make it look realistic, like he's been in a few scuffles. I do wish they went a bit easier on the scratches on the 'undamaged' legs though.

76104388.jpg

18879387.jpg

There will be some small scratches, so it won't look like Tony just got the suit factory fresh, but it does make it look realistic, like he's been in a few scuffles. I do wish they went a bit easier on the scratches on the 'undamaged' legs though.

76104388.jpg

18879387.jpg

The pelvic area looks good in these pictures. Maybe they just threw together the prototype for show purpose? And hence the finish difference.

This pic from plastic enemies shows that he can pivot (the black squares aren't lined up); although it's at the middle of his torso instead of his waste, the results should be the same.

ap_20100722114847413.jpg

Thanks for that picture, shows that he can pivot at the waist.

Looks like the top of the fore arm comes off, from that pic anyway, not sure if thats how it will work but that would be the easiest way of going about it.

My guess...These four pieces are the rocket-less version. Just pop off the panels and replace with these for his right arm. As for the left arm, notice that the extra arm doesn't have the rockets out so it should be a matter of replacing the whole arm.

71619250.jpg

Although, Devil's product description does say 1 pair of detachable forearm rockets so there may be a pair of these four pieces.

Last edited:
just thought about a big issue that could come up regarding those interchangeable face masks.
both my mark 2 and mark 3 battle damage have the issue where the mask does not fit fully and will leave a gap in the mouth area which prevents me from ever using those heads...
someone please get on to hot toys and tell them to prevent this as no amount of modding i don't think could ever rectify this problem.
:(

just thought about a big issue that could come up regarding those interchangeable face masks.
both my mark 2 and mark 3 battle damage have the issue where the mask does not fit fully and will leave a gap in the mouth area which prevents me from ever using those heads...
someone please get on to hot toys and tell them to prevent this as no amount of modding i don't think could ever rectify this problem.
:(

probably a stupid question but the chin part has a bit of articulation that you can move up and down, did you move that to close it all the way?

My guess...These four pieces are the rocket-less version. Just pop off the panels and replace with these for his right arm. As for the left arm, notice that the extra arm doesn't have the rockets out so it should be a matter of replacing the whole arm.

71619250.jpg

Although, Devil's product description does say 1 pair of detachable forearm rockets so there may be a pair of these four pieces.
Yeah, that must be it, and i imagine those same four pieces are detachable from the clean arm so you can put the rockets on either the clean or damaged arm. Its a shame they couldn't make the rockets actually pop out; it'd be cooler, and I can just imagine those four little pieces not staying on very well.

probably a stupid question but the chin part has a bit of articulation that you can move up and down, did you move that to close it all the way?

lol yeah im aware of that but its not that i think maybe its the magnets or the nose of tony stark or maybe the mask was cut short.
its annoying what ever it is

I have been waiting on this figure, but I'm annoyed that you cant make it completely clean with the "clean" parts. The leg pieces are whats really bugging me though.

Pre-Ordered from urban collector for $200 including S/H this will be my second HT figure after the original Mk III. This figure looks so much better then that and I thought it was amazing when I received it.

I am not a collector but have been a huge IM fan from childhood (have IM 1-300 comic collection) these figures are just simply amazing. (glad I have a decent job that allows me to afford one of these figures).

I passed on MkIV as it was not different enough from the MkIII but the jump from Mk III to Mk VI is worth the cost. I would love the WM figure as well but never got a chance to pre order it (will probably have to bite the bullent and ebay once its actually released.)

Pre-Ordered from urban collector for $200 including S/H this will be my second HT figure after the original Mk III. This figure looks so much better then that and I thought it was amazing when I received it.

I am not a collector but have been a huge IM fan from childhood (have IM 1-300 comic collection) these figures are just simply amazing. (glad I have a decent job that allows me to afford one of these figures).

I passed on MkIV as it was not different enough from the MkIII but the jump from Mk III to Mk VI is worth the cost. I would love the WM figure as well but never got a chance to pre order it (will probably have to bite the bullent and ebay once its actually released.)

There is a good chance that WM wont sell out from suppliers so you will have other choices other than EBay. FYI.

You can order WM through CornerStoreComics.com or AlterEgoComics.com for $162.
Forget Ebay.

Hi I was asked by a couple of folks to post up the hi-res pics, not sure if they are much bigger than the ones at the start of this tread, but I like to oblige when I can.
So here ya go-

IM2_MarkVI_PR1.jpg

IM2_MarkVI_PR2.jpg

IM2_MarkVI_PR3.jpg

IM2_MarkVI_PR4.jpg

IM2_MarkVI_PR5.jpg

IM2_MarkVI_PR6.jpg

IM2_MarkVI_PR7.jpg

IM2_MarkVI_PR8.jpg

IM2_MarkVI_PR9.jpg

IM2_MarkVI_PR10.jpg

Back