Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
could somebody link me the thread of the hot toys mark 1, i must be doing something wrong, because i cant locate it, thanks to those who help

So I finished working on the BD chest plate and it still doesn't fit right. Even after sanding and repositioning the pegs it wont sit flush. The curve and overall shape is just a bit off. Hopefully all of this is fixed for the next batch.

I will have pictures up once I get home from work so you all can see what I'm talking about.

I'm still so baffled how badly they screwed that up so bad. Granted, I was never gonna use mine, but still. It would've nice to take pics of it on without double sided tape or the chest piece constantly falling off *shakes fist*

I'm still so baffled how badly they screwed that up so bad. Granted, I was never gonna use mine, but still. It would've nice to take pics of it on without double sided tape or the chest piece constantly falling off *shakes fist*

I got it to stay on securely, just not as flush as the clean one. However, like you said, it'll only be on for the pictures later then back in the box.

Yeah you'd have thought they'd try out one Mark VI to make sure all the pieces fit together well before manufacturing hundreds (thousands?) of them. Having a piece that completely doesn't fit where it's meant to is a pretty huge mistake.

Yeah you'd have thought they'd try out one Mark VI to make sure all the pieces fit together well before manufacturing hundreds (thousands?) of them. Having a piece that completely doesn't fit where it's meant to is a pretty huge mistake.

Ill be ok with it as long as its fixed for the US release.

I've heard that this figure has some issues. What issues? Thanks!

The battle damaged chest plate didn't fit for the first batch in HK. They are supposedly fixing it for the rest of them though.

The only other issues have been pieces missing from the packages but that is not specific to this figure alone.

I might have to sell my Mark III gunmetal in order to fund my Mark VI and eventually my Mark V. That's not a bad thing right? The Mark III gunmetal wasn't in the movie and it doesn't fit with the rest of the collection, right?

Someone convince me I'm selling the right figure?:dunno

I might have to sell my Mark III gunmetal in order to fund my Mark VI and eventually my Mark V. That's not a bad thing right? The Mark III gunmetal wasn't in the movie and it doesn't fit with the rest of the collection, right?

i sold mine to fund for future figs... hope this helps...

As far as I can remember - it wasn't in the movie. On ebay, it seems to be selling upwards of $750!! So yah...could easily fund Mark V and VI...

https://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.h... gunmetal&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283&_rdc=1

Time for some pictures :clap But first a small wall of text :horror

Please note that I didnt not photoshop these at all and I was only working with two lamps instead of my usual 4 thanks to the bulbs burning out so the lighting isn't great.

On a couple of the pics (both clean and battle damaged) I bumped the chest piece so its sticking out a but and allowing light out under the RT.

As you can see with the battle damaged chest plate though, even after i sanded it and repositioned the pegs it still doesn't sit right. The plastic is too think to do any more sanding so hopefully Hot Toys adjusts the mold to fix the fitment.

Also, as you can see in the later pics, the eyes started to get dull just like War Machine's eyes. Not really sure why this happens. If you let it sit for a bit they light back up perfectly and then get dull again. I have a War Machine neck coming in and I am going to be swapping the LED out so hopefully I can find a fix for this issue.

Ok enough talking, time for the pics...

"Clean"

P1010001.jpg

p1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010004.jpg

Back