Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what does GORT stand for?

There was a model kit company called Gort. They made a Predator 1 and Predator 2 model kit in 1/7 scale resin.

Here is the P1 kit.
100_2528.jpg

The Predator 1 kit came with an optional mask like the one the Guardian comes with.
IMG_2016.jpg

I think that's how the Gort (Guardian) Predator got his original fan name.

Here's the P2 which came with nearly all of the Lost Pred bios.
EE.jpg

BTW, these aren't my paint jobs. These are just Google Image finds.

The name Gort comes from the original The Day the Earth Stood Still.
gort_lg.jpg
gort.jpg

He was a big robot that guarded the ship. And that brings us all the way back to "Guardian". Huh-

Last edited:
what does GORT stand for?

Ground Observing Reconnaissance Transmitter

:lol

There was a model kit company called Gort. They made a Predator 1 and Predator 2 model kit in 1/7 scale resin. The Predator 1 kit came with an optional mask like the one the Guardian comes with. I think that's how the Gort (Guardian) Predator got his original fan name.

I don't doubt this explanation but there's a couple problems with it.

When that company Gort (Japan) released that P1 kit in the first pic you posted, it only came with one head (Unmasked).

pieces_10.jpg

It didn't have that base, or Masked portrait. That came from another P1 kit Gort released.

picsofpredfordan001.jpg

But that kit didn't have any extra Bio either. It only came with two heads: Masked and Unmasked.

picsofpredfordan002.jpg

So that first pic you posted is actually a combination of two kits: The Masked (Bio) head and base from one, and the body from another.

Their P2 kit (that was released in 2004) came with two Bio's: The regular P2 Bio and (I believe) the Ram Bio. Not the Gort Bio.

All those other Bio's (in the third pic you posted) were made after the model kit was released and sold separately at a Japanese model show (Not sure if Gort made the extra Bio's or if someone else did). So they didn't come with the original kit. Apparently the entire kit (including all the extra Bio's) were recasted and sold together as a set later on.

Although Gort the robot only guards the ship in the movie, he's actually more like a guardian of the universal peace. If aliens act up, he'll hit them with the cuckoo maga stick... .

Some times you just want to beat the living crap out of UPS....

LOS ANGELES, CA, US 07/19/2010 9:24 A.M. THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY
07/19/2010 5:56 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
07/19/2010 4:00 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
VERNON, CA, US 07/18/2010 12:39 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

Ummm, so the driver didn't bother taking it???

So for those that have it in hand....

The Guardian looks like it's closer to 'normal' HT Pred size, rather than P1-sized; does it use the P1 body, the AVP/P2 body with a different neck post, or is it the P2 body with a P1 head rammed onto it?

Is anyone brave enough to take their Guardian apart to find out? :)

I feel for you man... :slap

So for those that have it in hand....

The Guardian looks like it's closer to 'normal' HT Pred size, rather than P1-sized; does it use the P1 body, the AVP/P2 body with a different neck post, or is it the P2 body with a P1 head rammed onto it?

Is anyone brave enough to take their Guardian apart to find out? :)

I believe someone who got it said that it has the same body as P1.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:yess:

How the hell is my shipping charge 20 bucks?? Where is this thing coming from? All my other shipping charges are under 10 bucks wtF???

I live in NY

Darnit! I got an email saying my card was declined but I checked the item status and it's still "item shipping soon" and the shipping cost is still not updated. Maybe I shouldn't have sent SS an email when I first saw the "card declined" status maybe they also got confused and thought they already charged my card? Sent them an email to retry the card again.

Really confused now.

Darnit! I got an email saying my card was declined but I checked the item status and it's still "item shipping soon" and the shipping cost is still not updated. Maybe I shouldn't have sent SS an email when I first saw the "card declined" status maybe they also got confused and thought they already charged my card? Sent them an email to retry again.

Really confused now.

Call SSC!.... Quick!

Darnit! I got an email saying my card was declined but I checked the item status and it's still "item shipping soon" and the shipping cost is still not updated. Maybe I shouldn't have sent SS an email when I first saw the "card declined" status maybe they also got confused and thought they already charged my card? Sent them an email to retry the card again.

Really confused now.

Call them 1-800-474-3746

Doors open in 10 minutes. PST time.

Back