HIYA Toys: Aliens line (A:CM mostly so far, but more to come!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I just looked up BBTS to remind myself what the figures look like - the armour actually isn't as totally unrecognisable as I thought I remembered. Could still be a lot better though, especially for that price of $24.99!

We don't disagree. You may have read me wrong. I was saying that previously, just going on memory, I thought HIYA toys had just completely made up their own marines from scratch. On looking at a picture of Hicks I was merely surprised that he does look 'somewhat' like a USCM from Aliens. But that's not exactly high praise because it's still not as accurate as it could be and the quality looks shoddy as ****...and of course the ridiculous price.

:hi5:
We're on the same page. :wink1:
The HOTTOYS Snap kits from the early 2000's were much better even though they're considered "old" now.

It's too bad about the APC though.

Just hope they get enough pre orders to warrant them getting the APC going but also keep the scale going. They were reported do be wanting to to Covenant figures a while ago but since that movie overall tanked with fans the general public that looks very unlikely now.

Its just that we rarely get a company wanting to make a toy line from a sci fi movie series in this scale and I want them to succeed. Its the only way where logically we could get the vehicles and some play sets from the movies.

I'll keep my order for the APC for what it's worth. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. I only have 2 preorders right now - this and the NECA Ultimate Alien Warriors.

I hadn't checked my email in a while and noticed one from BBTS saying that the release of the HIYA Toys APC had been moved back to 3rd quarter 2018. Hardly surprising that it's delayed but I am kinda surprised to have heard anything about it at all.

I hadn't checked my email in a while and noticed one from BBTS saying that the release of the HIYA Toys APC had been moved back to 3rd quarter 2018. Hardly surprising that it's delayed but I am kinda surprised to have heard anything about it at all.
What a bummer

Outstanding. Truly great news. This thing is going to be great and I can't wait.

Just wish the snap kit marines werent ~$100 each (if you can even find them). As unimpressed as I am with their Marines, I can't leave the APC empty...

I'll be leaving mine empty. This will just be a really cool standalone Aliens collectible. If the final product doesn't shortchange us from what we saw in the prototype then this thing is leagues above any of the accompanying figures they've made so I'm not gonna bother with them.

HIYA has posted this image to facebook and twitter. They say the APCs are currently shipping.

Only took 3 years!... (although maybe I should still refrain from counting my chickens)

51083543_2054664031293872_524294247029932032_n.jpg

Wow, OK I'd say this is a safe bet then. Now to see what we'll be getting as a final product. Really hope it lives up to that proto.

Checking Hiya's facebook page to verify the above image, I found another recent photo that gives reason for concern.

The image below was posted back on January 11th, and given its timing in relation to the more recent post of the loaded truck, I'm left with the belief that the two APCs in this photo represent fully assembled, fully painted APCs. Only they don't really appear to be very painted, do they?

But wait, let's be optimistic for a minute - maybe these are unfinished production pieces, and the proper screen-accurate paint scheme has since been added, right? :pray:

But then I was reminded of another post from HIYA's facebook page (posted Nov. 30 2016!) where they showed two different paint schemes of the APC and asked fans which version they preferred. Fan opinions were split fairly evenly... However HIYA's own comment ("Personally darker should be cooler") would suggest that they had already made their decision. But did they stray too dark with the final paint apps? Their track record with color accuracy (*cough* Colonial Marines *cough*) does not instill confidence in the matter.

Maybe this is a false premonition on my part, but I have a feeling that these APCs are going to be practically perfect in every way... except for their exterior color. Not sure how I'll feel if that's the case, but guess I'll find out soon!

49723877_2035199859906956_193290008109514752_n.jpg

Guys, is the APC finally shipping or being sold anywhere?
On their web the tank still appears as "Coming Soon", and Hiya won't answer my emails... :-((((
LMK!
Thanks,
m.

Back