HIYA Toys: Aliens line (A:CM mostly so far, but more to come!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the Queen got delivered today after months of delay. Finally!!
Basically it's a 1/18 scale version of the Great Neca Queen.
Every joint moves (Not exactly the same way Neca did, but it's there.)
The 2 negative points.
1.The back fins have tiny ball joints you need to push in, and the socket is small!
You need to really heat them (Sockets) up or carve out a layer (from sockets) to have them fit in. Otherwise you gonna end up with broken toothpicks.
2. the jaw is slightly off centered. I heated up a little to fix it.

Anyways, here are some review pics.
1642040888721.png

1642040900263.png

1642040913315.png

1642040928880.png

1642040956211.png

1642040965728.png

1642040982754.png

1642041003314.png

1642041014022.png

1642041039296.png

Now give me Ripley and other movie marines!
And don't forget Newt!

Hiya has a bunch of stuff in stock on their site. The Green and burning APC, both Jungle Hunters, Ripley, Dallas, Lambert, face hugged Kane and both Alien 3 dogs.

Just got​

kyekye

Just got this figure in the mail and I LOVE IT. Paint app is amazing, detail is phenomenal, and the articulation is more than anticipated. The dorsal fins on the back are a easily broken. You gotta heat the receiving peg like @kyekye had mentioned, and then work them in. I took a mechanical pencil and after the area had been heated, wiggled the pencil around to make more room. This worked perfectly for me. Definitely recommend getting this figure!

Hiya has a bunch of stuff in stock on their site. The Green and burning APC, both Jungle Hunters, Ripley, Dallas, Lambert, face hugged Kane and both Alien 3 dogs.
Strange..They have Ripley from the first movie, but no human characters from the 2nd movie. Maybe they have a weird way of doing copyrights in the 2nd movie...

It's possible they haven't gotten around to them yet. I'm hoping they at least do Ripley on the power loader since they've done the power loader before and we now have a Queen to go with it. They don't appear to have the actor likeness rights but at this scale that's not a huge issue. The marines are a must have and I'm sure Hiya knows there's demand for them so hopefully we see them too. At this point they're running out of Aliens and Predators to do so they'll have to do something if they want to keep the line going.

Honestly at 1/18 scale, you can't tell any likeness. Minimum you can really tell some likeness would be 1/12 scale.
If they slap the same face on all characters - but give them unique body and costume, I'll be fine with it.

I just received the Kane, Kane with Face Hugger and Lambert, and they're pretty awesome. They're basically miniaturized versions of the Neca versions, however the helmets fit better. The face sculptors aren't great but overall they're pretty neat.

Still waiting on the Ripley and Alien which have been on pre-order from Zavvi for ages. And have Dallas on order from FP. I can't seem to find the eggs collection anywhere though.

I hope they continue the line and we get the rest of the crew, and a Nostromo flight deck and dining area would be awesome (dream) :)

I received the Burning APC the other day. I already had the first release and decided I'd go for this cashgrab variant since I loved it so much. It's a really terrific toy. I can now display one permanently opened up with the awesome interior on show.

As far as differences the Burning APC is more green than the original release and has black scorchmarks on the burning side. I also have now realized that my original APC seems to have an electronics flaw - the sidelights don't work. I didn't even know they were there at all - it took seeing them lit up on my new APC.

Figurewise I bought an ''Aline'' Warrior and a crouching Alien Warrior just to use with the APC. I'm not looking to build a broader collection of figures unless they do the marines properly.

I just received the Kane, Kane with Face Hugger and Lambert, and they're pretty awesome. They're basically miniaturized versions of the Neca versions, however the helmets fit better. The face sculptors aren't great but overall they're pretty neat.

Still waiting on the Ripley and Alien which have been on pre-order from Zavvi for ages. And have Dallas on order from FP. I can't seem to find the eggs collection anywhere though.

I hope they continue the line and we get the rest of the crew, and a Nostromo flight deck and dining area would be awesome (dream) :)

I have the Ripley. Nice figure. The face isn't Sigourney Weaver but at this scale and with the helmet on it doesn't matter.

The Big Chap is amazing! So much detail in the head with the translucent dome showing the skull inside. Just be careful with the elbows on him, they can be a bit fragile due to the size of the figure and thinness of the arms.

Hiya Toys has their own website Hiya Toys and they have the eggs and the other figures in stock. I don't know if they ship to the UK but I've had good success having things shipped to me here in Canada and the shipping rates are very reasonable. Just be aware that right now their warehouse is shut down due to Covid restrictions but last contact I had with them said they expect to resume shipping mid May, so not too long of a wait.

Hi Vincent, I took your advice and ordered directly from Hiya's website just over a week ago. My orders still processing. In your experience how long does it normally take them to ship?

Back