HIYA Toys: Aliens line (A:CM mostly so far, but more to come!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HIYA are doing all kinds of variants on their figures but I didn't expect a variant on the APC.

Surprised to say I'm tempted. I'm a sucker for flame effects. Figure I could display this one on fire as it is and the original release I could display open with the excellent interior on show.

I think they did make some movie marines but they were pretty crap - 'in name only' - just loosely based on the movie outfits, generic likenesses etc.

I may try some of their Aliens but so far only the APC has impressed me from this company. I also bought the Powerloader they made but it broke immediately which gave a bad impression.

I have one of the Aliens and really impressed with it so far. No joint issues that I could find. Cant wait for the AvP figures to come out.

Preordered the Aliens version for the Queen they originally put up for preorder last year. The PX and Resurrections versions are sic, but I love that paint job leaning towards the blue. Says it's an October release I believe.

I've gone deep into the Hiya Alien/Predator line. These are pretty nice little figures. I'm really looking forward to the Queen as well. I went for the Aliens version too. I wish they would make the ovapositor to go with her. It's would be much more manageable in this scale compared to the NECA figure or something that size.

The Predalien, Newborn, Battle Damaged Wolf Predator and active camouflage Wolf Predator are now up for pre-order. Really excited for the Predalien!

I'm more worried their earlier pre-orders..
Their Warrior Alien and Queen Alien got delayed more than 2 months now.
Honestly, I don't think I've seen any new item shipped recently from them?

I think its Covid and the port delays holding everything up. They're slowly trickling out. I've gotten the 4 AvP Predators and the Xeno from that movie, Predator 2 V2 Elder and the Predators hounds recently and the Hiya site had the blue Warrior and one of the battledamaged Xenos from Aliens in stock and the Big Chap has shown up at my local comic book store (still waiting on my BBTS order).

The one that's long overdue is ED-209. YouTubers got review samples for that like 6 months ago and it's still not out.

Oh. I did get ED-209.
I remember getting pissed because they added the toe articulation only to BD version which they announced the day I received the normal version.
Sometimes I'm not sure if it's cheap marketing strategy or just adding stuff as they go.

BBTS shows the Aliens Queen as having a November release date now. Assuming it's a port issue - with Covid going on I've had more than a few preorders get pushed back . Been looking forward to this figure over a year, so I'm antsy but it'll be worth the wait.

@VincentVegaFFF - how're you enjoying the line so far? I mainly collect 1/6 scale, and have the newer Ripley, Big Chap, and Alien Warrior that Hot Toys has put out. Pretty sure they won't do another Alien oriented release, so the Hiya line and it's accessible price point have caught my eye. Two pre orders right now, but looking forward to more if they're a good line!

I'm liking them for what they are. I would prefer the NECA releases but with a lot of those being long out of production, issues with getting NECA here in Canada and most importantly space the Hiya figures are perfect for me. I will say the pai t isn't as good as the promo pictures and the size is a bit shocking at first but for their size they're well done.

I'm hoping the tackle Starship Troopers next. Those would be great!

BBTS shows the Aliens Queen as having a November release date now. Assuming it's a port issue - with Covid going on I've had more than a few preorders get pushed back . Been looking forward to this figure over a year, so I'm antsy but it'll be worth the wait.

@VincentVegaFFF - how're you enjoying the line so far? I mainly collect 1/6 scale, and have the newer Ripley, Big Chap, and Alien Warrior that Hot Toys has put out. Pretty sure they won't do another Alien oriented release, so the Hiya line and it's accessible price point have caught my eye. Two pre orders right now, but looking forward to more if they're a good line!
The Warrior Alien is now 'in stock' at BBTS. The Queen is delayed again to November, but I think it's just automatic system at BBTS.
Sideshow says it's 'Expected to Ship: Dec 2021 - Feb 2022' - so I guess it's more like next year.

I'm liking them for what they are. I would prefer the NECA releases but with a lot of those being long out of production, issues with getting NECA here in Canada and most importantly space the Hiya figures are perfect for me. I will say the pai t isn't as good as the promo pictures and the size is a bit shocking at first but for their size they're well done.

I'm hoping the tackle Starship Troopers next. Those would be great!

I've heard about the paint app issues, will definitely be on the lookout. By size do you just mean that the scale itself is something to get used to? I don't have any experience with 1/18 scale figures myself.

And that would be rad! I'd love some of the warrior bugs from Starship Troopers! Missed out one and don't wanna pay $100+ ha ha.

I've heard about the paint app issues, will definitely be on the lookout. By size do you just mean that the scale itself is something to get used to? I don't have any experience with 1/18 scale figures myself.

And that would be rad! I'd love some of the warrior bugs from Starship Troopers! Missed out one and don't wanna pay $100+ ha ha.

It's not that the paint is bad but in the pictures it looks like a Hot Toys paint job and in hand it's not like that. It's typically the Predators mouths that are the weakest but in general I would say they're better painted than Marvel Legends, Black Series and McFarlane. I would look at reviews for them online to get an idea of what the final figure looks like.

The 1/18th scale is pretty small. You typically don't see that scale of toys these days and I found I forgot just how small that is. I was shocked when I opened up my first order of a Hiya figure and saw how small it was but once you get a bunch of them together it makes for a cool display. A single figure wouldn't really stand out on a shelf, unless is a bigger one like the Queen or Crusher, but as a group they're very cool.

Back