HIYA Toys: Aliens line (A:CM mostly so far, but more to come!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just come across some worrying news regarding the release of this APC. Over on facebook some people are asking HIYA toys when this APC will see production and their response was ' Still waiting for pre-order quantity to hit starting production level' another person just yesterday asked How many pre-orders do you need to produce? and their response was 'Only have 30% of MOQ'(Minimum order Quantity) . Not good news in my opinion and i'm a little confused by all to this as i always assumed that once an item goes up for pre-order it was surely going to be produced.

I think the main reason they need a big enough order to be insured is that it is a big undertaking and its something that would likely never be done again. They can't retool it and the repaint options are rather limited.

Just hope it does well enough for them to consider still doing more vehicles in the line. The scale is perfect for vehicles.

When they talk about needing more preorders do they mean they need more retailers willing to stock it or do they mean they need more preorders from us, the actual customers....

If it's the latter maybe they should have been up front about the situation so as to actually encourage more orders. If they can tell us now then it seems like there shouldn't have been anything barring them from telling us before.

Last edited:
When they talk about needing more preorders do they mean they need more retailers willing to stock it or do they mean they need more preorders from us, the actual customers....

If it's the latter maybe they should have been up front about the situation so as to actually encourage more orders. If they can tell us now then it seems like there shouldn't have been anything barring them from telling us before.

I am thinking more on the retailers being interested by how I read it. A lot of Aliens fans are interested in the APC for sure if you are going by the reaction over on their facebook feed, but then again maybe thats just too much a niche in order to create enough pre orders to warrant putting such a detailed and huge piece into production ?

Personally maybe I think they they should do a pre order system with a minimum down payment. That way only those who really want it are ordering and they can then get a more realistic gauge of how many can be sold.

They recently updated their facebook page with a pic of the Crusher Alien and how he is in scale with the human figures. Quite impressive.

18447149_1352163658210583_965858772390682687_n.jpg

Also it seems they are not giving up on the APC just yet, saying they are just wanting fans to wait and see whats gonna happen. Still, at least its not a flat out not going to happen.

Also it seems they are not giving up on the APC just yet, saying they are just wanting fans to wait and see whats gonna happen. Still, at least its not a flat out not going to happen.

Thats really disappointing if i'm entirely honest. I believe at this point they are bascially letting us know its not going to tbe produced in a nice way. I Wanted this APC badly now it looks like its not going to be produced at all. If theres one thing i learnt over the years in this hobby its that the good stuff you really look forward to the most always gets cancelled. I'm thinking this APC, the Delorean mark 2, blitzways ecto 1 and the bvs batmobile all items i was looking forward to the most. I'm just about to quit this hobby because i'm just sick of this happening.

Thats really disappointing if i'm entirely honest. I believe at this point they are bascially letting us know its not going to tbe produced in a nice way. I Wanted this APC badly now it looks like its not going to be produced at all. If theres one thing i learnt over the years in this hobby its that the good stuff you really look forward to the most always gets cancelled. I'm thinking this APC, the Delorean mark 2, blitzways ecto 1 and the bvs batmobile all items i was looking forward to the most. I'm just about to quit this hobby because i'm just sick of this happening.

I really hope they go through with the APC and it sells well enough for them to keep going with the vehicles. The thing is, this scale is so perfect to get vehicles out there and in a detailed fashion thanks to the smaller scale. They'd still be expensive but the size and detail more than makes up for it.

Toyark posted the new preorders from TheToySource and the APC was among them so I don't think HIYA toys have given up on it yet.

Much as I'm looking forward to it I'm also relieved that this at the very least means it'll be delayed. Since I caved and started collecting a few NECA Quarter Scale figures that are outside my usual pattern my wallet has been bombarded so far this year. So if the APC doesn't come out till the end of the year or even next year that's OK by me.

Toyark posted the new preorders from TheToySource and the APC was among them so I don't think HIYA toys have given up on it yet.

Much as I'm looking forward to it I'm also relieved that this at the very least means it'll be delayed. Since I caved and started collecting a few NECA Quarter Scale figures that are outside my usual pattern my wallet has been bombarded so far this year. So if the APC doesn't come out till the end of the year or even next year that's OK by me.

To be honest with the news that the Blitzway Ecto 1 1/6th scale vehicle is soon up for pre-order after Comic Con and possibly the 1/6 hover Hot Toys Delorean also being at San Diego Comic Con my interest in this APC has dwindled due to finances. I really can't afford to be spending large amounts on multiple vehicles anymore.

Last edited:

Honestly, I am fine with the delay too since I am going to have to scrounge money together to get that Alien Queen reissue once she hits :rotfl I missed her once and I will be damned if I miss her again !

Although they have been quiet as of late on this line, I really hope they still get the APC made and decide to make more figures and vehicles outside of the Aliens film and the CM game universe.

T'would be a pity if it can't get made at all or if they have to strip back the features to lower the price.

I really hope they take the advice of some of the comments there and not strip it back but instead focus on getting the word out more about not only the APC but the line in general. I am sure a lot of toy fans and Aliens fans would love a line in this scale as it opens up the avenue for a lot of characters to be made as well as vehicles and play sets. The smaller scale allows for the bigger vehicles to be made.

Someone commented that the figures having no resemblance to the movie characters is a peeve of theirs and so too is it mine. Even if they can't get likeness rights I don't know why they can't even get the general outfit to look correct. Why can't they just make the marines with generic faces but have everything else as accurate as the scale allows? That's why I have no interest in the line of figures. Even so I thought the APC itself looked accurate and cool enough to own and so I ordered it. Obviously not enough other people felt likewise.

Exactly.
They should simply pay top dollar for an accurate sculpt. (At least the gear) When people pay more, they expect more and these aren't so cheap.

Had each figure come with a backdrop, or some additional offering I think the line could have done better.
These are just MEH and I don't see the value or feel the need to make even the slightest effort in acquiring one.
There's nothing special about them.

Got one of the Marines for cheap and thats exactly what they are, cheap. Was excited to get a few of the Preds and Xenos but after how easy the marine broke, not going to waste my money.

Back