HIYA Toys: Aliens line (A:CM mostly so far, but more to come!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know Drone, and I just looked. Looks like mine will be shipped whenever it's ready. And I have to say this whole thing is pretty frustrating....it's been, what, almost two months since we saw that picture of the truck loaded up with presumably boxes of APC's? All this time and I can count on one hand how many people I've heard say they received theirs. HIYA has to have one of the worst distribution systems in the history of mankind.

Ordered mine December 2016. Got it this morning!

Don't think these pics will reveal anything new, but I gotta say overall I am happy with it. I got the "bella" figure, so the figures are definitely random. She looks more than a bit out of place with how well the vehicle is done and how cartoony the characters look, but what can you do?

This thing is definitely a "charcoal" color. In some lights it sort of looks almost greenish, but standing here staring at the thing, it is very nearly black. I would call it 'charcoal' in color.

20190401_092838.jpg
20190401_093058.jpg
20190401_092911.jpg
20190401_093139.jpg
20190401_093243.jpg

Excellent pics. That top angle of the interior really makes me feel like there's bang for the buck here. Very glad I ordered one.

It's a pity the figures are kinda crappy but I think this will be worth owning regardless. And maybe some better 1/18 marines will happen down the road.

I know they're prices are ridiculous now, but I wonder how the old HT snap kits scale with this?
Another alternative are the Marauder Gun Runner figures, theres some USCM inspired stuff among what they offer.

I know they're prices are ridiculous now, but I wonder how the old HT snap kits scale with this?
Another alternative are the Marauder Gun Runner figures, theres some USCM inspired stuff among what they offer.

I'll try to remember and snap some picks tonight with the hot toys kits, the hiya troops, and random GI joe scale things.

Mine arrived today. 63euro customs but I knew to expect that.

I'm delighted with it. Simple yet detailed. Some people might be disappointed that there is zero assembly required but that suits me fine. My only niggle is that, although all wheels can spin, the front ones cannot turn to change direction. Everything else is as expected.

I may never have a squad of movie marines to fill it out but I'm still glad I bought it, a fine addition to the Aliens collection.

Here are some pics with figure options. Only the GI Joes seem to want to "sit" properly. The Hot Toys snap kits have by far the most limited range of motion so they don't do well at all in the chairs. That said, I am not sure anyone truly plans to display 'sitting' troops...so probably doesn't matter.

In 2nd pic, note the 'broken' shoulder restraint. They pop off easy. Equally easy to pop them back on though.

Not pictured: The 'rifle rack' in the interior actually holds the Hiya pulse rifles very well. Good snug fit and looks solid. Doesnt hold the smartguns nor flame throwers though. Don't see any way to 'stow' the smartguns (in the film they were locked down vertically. The hiya smartguns are so undersized I don't think anyone plans to feature them anyways).

Anyways, so random shots.
20190402_191409.jpg
20190402_191915.jpg
20190402_192150.jpg
20190402_192531.jpg
20190402_192806.jpg

Last edited:
I'm an idiot, I've only just realized you don't have to take the whole roof off to access the switch for the roof light. You can just open the sliding door and find it with your fingers.

I paid 281euro plus about 60euro in customs and I'm still glad I got it. Perhaps mileage will vary from person to person.

BBTS seems to have 10+ at the moment.

I'm thinking of buying that little Powerloader aswell because I also have what I think is a 1:18 scale Queen Alien from a company whose name I've forgotten.

I received mine a few days ago. In general I'm pretty happy with it. I wanted to post a few photos I took, but I can't figure out how to post more than two for some reason.

After being so impressed with the APC I decided to go and get the Powerloader.

Nifty enough, looks cool, highly detailed for the scale and the paintjob is great. One of the shoulders was tight as **** though. I took a hairdryer to it and tried to loosen it but unfortunately this usually reliable trick didn't work and when I thought I was turning the arm I was instead twisting the now softened joint down to a thread whereupon it just ripped off. I also unwittingly caused one of those sticky uppy antennae to bend with the heat and when I tried to bend it back it just ****ing snapped off. So two breaks on day one.

I've also already botched my fix attempt on the shoulder making it even worse.

I am displeased.

Last edited:
It probably would be but I made it even more difficult by ultimately splitting a vital component of the shoulder joint in half due to a lack of patience. I didn't have the right tools. In splitting that piece I've created a second problem that will just break apart again any time I try to use the joint in a certain way.

Joint breaks need patience and the right tools to repair. I usually lack both.

Snagged the City Hunter and was super impressed by the one I got. May go back to my local shop and get the Elder and then the Lost when he comes in.

Back