HIYA Toys: Aliens line (A:CM mostly so far, but more to come!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An APC has landed in the U.S.:yess:
There's a Hiya Collectors group on Facebook, and in-hand photos were recently posted by a guy in New York who ordered his APC directly from Hiya's website.
He sounds happy with it, but, as feared, it is very much a black APC. :slap I think whoever's in charge of the paint apps at Hiya is color blind.

The post I'm referring to is found here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1669948046578183/permalink/2232469466992702/

Silly that these companies can't get colours correct on their products but I can live with it in this case. It's not going to bother me like Hot Toys Robocop or the super-bright-tastic 1:4 Endoskeleton.

If they or any other company ever make any good 1:18 scale movie figures, then the APC's color inaccuracy will definitely bother me. But as things stand, with no suitable figure assortment to accompany the vehicle, I'll probably only ever get as far as thinking about repainting it, but never actually will.

Looks decent. Repaint aside, this is a very nice representation of the APC...I wonder how the quality feels on it though...

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with the APC? Back in February HIYA showed a picture of APC boxes loaded up on a truck, I assume for shipping. Here it is the middle of March and I have seen exactly ONE PERSON show they had received theirs AND post photos of it. ONE. PERSON.

Where the Frank are these things??!!

On the HIYA Collectors facebook group, I've seen two people post in-hand photos, and both of them ordered directly through HIYA, so it makes sense that they would have received their APCs earlier since they would have been sent direct from China. That photo of the loaded truck was likely taken at the factory, as the truck was being prepped for its departure to port. From port, it would take about a month to reach the U.S., then could potentially get held up in customs and then take another week or two longer to be distributed to the various e-tailers like BBTS. So I'd guess that we have at least a couple weeks more to wait.

I don't mind the wait in actually receiving it myself but one does enjoy seeing new pics and watching videos in the meantime.

just got my BBTS notification. In hand and ready to ship!

Butt.... I am waiting on another item with a March ETA...so I guess I should wait for it to show up before I hit the 'ship' on my "pile of loot"...

Still, good to know it is "real" and exists. The one with my name on it will soon be here.

I thought this would be delayed more given how few in-hand reports there have been, still no new youtube videos that I can see and BBTS is in many cases one of the last places to get things.

OK, better get up to the bank and throw more money in

And shipped. This will get held back by customs and I'll be paying extra but I figured that when I ordered it.

I had expected to be able to view more in-hand pics and videos though. Seems like hardly anyone is interested in this, it's a wonder it got made.

�� C5DA8D0A-17C5-4E19-BB10-C2711D4EC133.jpg46259228-91BB-482A-9D9F-F8C48997294A.jpgEE95C6D6-2892-4684-9D7C-2B7E0D68D773.jpg7CFC452B-420E-4917-8D0E-C857CB711DB5.jpg04289039-B15C-439F-85DA-BA665ED10721.jpgA1B30777-9F38-439E-89C0-73A30C88EA6F.jpgC3AFAB04-704D-48A9-BE4A-DE4A344AB3CC.jpg

I hit the "send" button on mine Friday. No tracking info yet, but it is basically on its way.

My thoughts from the pics
-from Decals/markings it appears they DID aim for the film APC (not the video game APC as was speculated after seeing inaccurate color)
-Was there no steering wheel!? Seriously not a criticism, I don't recall. I know the power bar thing is there, but how did they steer?!
-So it came with Cruz? I heard it came with Redding. Did they just pack a random figure in there possibly? They aren't great figures either way, but I guess getting anyone/anything is a bonus.
-Is the troop carrying rear portion accessible? In one of the promo pics the entire rear (w/turret) was removed, but not in most. From those pics it isn't clear either.

Overall thanks for the pics and I agree with A-Dev. Loving the lights and it is looking pretty decent.

-Was there no steering wheel!? Seriously not a criticism, I don't recall. I know the power bar thing is there, but how did they steer?!

The instrument panel they used in the 1:1 was from a Vulcan Bomber. Being that it was based on an aircraft, I always assumed the rear steering was done with the pedals, similar to how the rudder pedals on a plane control the yaw. The front steering and acceleration was done with two hand levers for left and right, similar to a tank. Hiya seems to have omitted this detail.

Received my APC today :)
Admittedly, it's tough for me to be impressed by any other vehicle after receiving the Sail Barge earlier this month, but overall, I am pleased with . HIYA is no Hasbro, and I gotta give 'em kudos for producing a vehicle that really exceeds what I would have expected from them based on the quality of their xenos and Predators.

My criticism of the color still stands - it's definitely a dark grey, but there's some strange aspect to the material that gives it a subtle tint of green IF the lighting is just right. Interestingly, my pack-in figure was a different female Marine than the one I've seen included with other people's APCs, so I guess it's a bit of a blind-box situation as to which pack-in figure you get. Other than that, it comes as expected. Build quality could perhaps be better in some areas, but I don't foresee any breaking as long as the more fragile components (like the seat harnesses, the sliding command chair, and the rear-mounted sliding gun) are handled with appropriate care.

I placed my order on the 11th and have received zero words on what's going on with it via email with BBTS. Is there an option that you have to check to get them to go ahead and ship Bigbisont? I'm not signed up for "pile of loot" as far as I know.

@spooky - In your account, click 'Pre-Orders'. Beneath any pre-ordered items you'll see 'Ship to:' and then either 'pile of loot' or your shipping address. If it is in your pile of loot then you just have to navigate to that section and hit the appropriate button to release your order. But in all likelihood, with your pre-order being placed so recently, it's probably just that yours isn't ready to ship yet. The APC is still listed as a 'Pre-Order' item, as opposed to being 'In Stock', so BBTS is probably still awaiting additional stock from HIYA. Regardless of whether you selected the pile of loot option or not, you should get an e-mail once yours is ready to ship.

Back