God knows what's going on with Henry Cavill as Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much agree with that except with minor changes
IW
Thor 3
BP
Antman2
JL

Haven’t seen dp2or solo yet.. I have dp2 on 4k but haven’t been able to sneak a watch yet my son knows everytime I try to pop it in, and he is too damn young to watch that ****.. Deadpool bloodhound, that kid, I swear. Im pretty sure I’ll like dp2 , loved the first DP, solo though I’m not so sure about. Ill give it a shot though

Pretty much agree with that except with minor changes
IW
Thor 3
BP
Antman2
JL

Haven’t seen dp2or solo yet.. I have dp2 on 4k but haven’t been able to sneak a watch yet my son knows everytime I try to pop it in, and he is too damn young to watch that ****.. Deadpool bloodhound, that kid, I swear. Im pretty sure I’ll like dp2 , loved the first DP, solo though I’m not so sure about. Ill give it a shot though

I prefer DP2 over DP1

BP yuck lol

Ok maybe not yuck but man was the action pathetic lol

I thought you would list hereditary first since you have that creepy a$% girl as your sig

lulz

It wasn’t in no particular order.

You must not watch very many movies.

Truth be told, you’re 100% right!

Where i’m at right now in my life, my viewing habits are as such:

MCU
DCEU why because i’m retarded that’s why
Some new horror not all though but definately any new Halloween, F13th or Posession movies with good word of mouth.
Constant rewatch of older movies at home going from LOTR back ok maybe TDK back.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

In the past 12 months i’ve only liked 7 movies!

Thor 3
TLJ
IW
Solo
Deadpool 2
Ant-Man 2
Hereditary

That’s probably the amount of movies I’ve gone to watch in the theater in the past 12 months, if that.

Outside of mostly Star Wars, Predator, MCU and DCEU (now fading), I’m not really interested in watching anything Hollywood puts out now. Whenever I go to the theaters to see any of the aforementioned franchises and watch the previews, it’s usually something about robots, sharks, or wizards.

Not interested.

Well Khev didn't like it so naturally he's already decided for jye. ;)

Over the summer my son and I built some of the Lego sets for Fallen Kingdom and despite my initial disappointment with the film I kept finding myself looking at the toys and going "you know that was a pretty cool set piece" and "you know that was a pretty cool action sequence." Fast forward to this week and I picked up the 4K blu-ray, watched it again with adjusted expectations and actually quite like it now.

The dinos are really quite menacing in this film and it has some of the best cinematography and music in the series. It's still pretty corny in parts but endearingly so IMO. I can't help but stifle a laugh watching Blue leaping out of an explosion like some kind of superhero but they really lean into the bit and shy away from all self-parody which is pretty refreshing.

So thumbs up for me on this one.

And jye definitely doesn't follow my opinions lol, other than SW and the MCU our tastes are often quite divergent.

Over the summer my son and I built some of the Lego sets for Fallen Kingdom and despite my initial disappointment with the film I kept finding myself looking at the toys and going "you know that was a pretty cool set piece" and "you know that was a pretty cool action sequence." Fast forward to this week and I picked up the 4K blu-ray, watched it again with adjusted expectations and actually quite like it now.

The dinos are really quite menacing in this film and it has some of the best cinematography and music in the series. It's still pretty corny in parts but endearingly so IMO. I can't help but stifle a laugh watching Blue leaping out of an explosion like some kind of superhero but they really lean into the bit and shy away from all self-parody which is pretty refreshing.

So thumbs up for me on this one.

And jye definitely doesn't follow my opinions lol, other than SW and the MCU our tastes are often quite divergent.

I had a similar experience myself because I didn't like it the first time around (I hated how the first hour was basically a Michael Bay Transformers film with dinosaurs and really disliked how it tried to be a remake of The Lost World). However, after giving it a couple of re-watches at the theatre I actually liked the last half hour even more; enough to pick up the Walmart exclusive gift set. Plus Indoraptor is my favorite villain of the franchise (obviously) when not counting Rexy and the raptors from the original as villains. I really like how it dared to be different with the whole mansion scene and almost like it more than the first JW because of that - even though the plot had no direction and it still doesn't leave me excited for the next film.

Yes I love the look of the Indoraptor (your sig is a great shot) and the monster run amok in a mansion finale was quite fun and different. They also did a good job of introducing the new villain without disrespecting the T-Rex, Raptors, or Mosasaurus. Another thing that really tainted my first viewing was just how much of the film was spoiled by the trailers. I mean I think they literally showed every gag except for the very last scene with everyone on the roof. Really bad call with the marketing in that regard.

Marketing for it was really bad IMO. The gift set I just mentioned even shows some of the worst shots from the film on the front (I.E., Owen and Claire running through the exploding lava with the bad CGI dinos behind them). With so many other great shots like Indoraptor against the moon, it really makes you wonder why they didn't go with something like that for the poster/cover (especially when it was already shown in the trailers). Just goes to show that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Back