George Lucas: "I'm Retiring"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait you can't retire yet!! Not before you change the scene in Raiders where Indy shoots the Cairo Swordsman in cold blood! Thats waaaaaay worse than Han shooting first.:monkey3

I love how the NY Times piece implies that a big reason why Lucas claims he's quitting is because of fanboy criticism. Is this supposed to make fanboys feel bad? If anything it will give a sense of accomplishment & empowerment. :lol

No kidding as if they're not bad enough now. :lol

I love how the NY Times piece implies that a big reason why Lucas claims he's quitting is because of fanboy criticism. Is this supposed to make fanboys feel bad? If anything it will give a sense of accomplishment & empowerment. :lol

I heard it was the constant criticism in the SW section of SSF that was the tipping point for him. Is there nothing that this forum cannot achieve?

Well, maybe if he didn't surround himself with mindless yes-men who thought questioning Lucas' questionable ideas was heresy, then maybe people wouldn't "tell" at Lucas so much. I mean, accept critique. Sometimes you can learn from it!

Lucas had some good ideas at points in his life but when left to his own devices (as he was later in life) he showed he really wasn't up to the challenge. The last Indiana Jones film and the pre-trilogy were examples of Lucas being completely and utterly unable to see bad ideas when staring him in the face.

Sean

Actually, he left the door open for both the Live Action SW TV show (which I still think won't ever happen) and INDY V (which has a slightly better chance of happening than the SW show).

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but l say there is enough of that stuff out there, 3 good movies (that's where it end for me), 3 crap ones, many cartoons, a bunch of games, some good some bad, but it seems they get worse as time goes on, not sure.

All i know is i'll always have the OT.

(and some good Bioware EU, and that's all i need!)

Yup...and there always will be as long as that success is measured just by the tiny, spite-filled people of the world who don't have to do any more than vomit their drek anonimously from a faceless avatar and keyboard.:panic:

Haters...enjoy your field day:hi5:

Last edited:
Yup...and there always will be as long as that success is measured just by the tiny, spite-filled people of the world who don't have to do any more than vomit their drek anonimously from a faceless avatar and keyboard.:panic:

Haters...enjoy your field day:hi5:

The haters have very valid points though on the mistakes he made. Putting Anakin from the new movies and putting him in the end of the old ones was very stupid decision, one of many.

The haters have very valid points though on the mistakes he made. Putting Anakin from the new movies and putting him in the end of the old ones was very stupid decision, one of many.

ZERO, ZILCH, NADDA-"CRED"[/I] do the "ht'rrrrs" have as far as I'm concerned. You think it's stupid, then you go and do one better. Otherwise, you keep pecking away.

Ironically, the NYT's quote everyone is wetting themselves over was GL didn't care which version, or what changes/omissions all these "aspiring directors" made to his movie/his concept, it's just his version will be the one he can live with artistically!

ZERO, ZILCH, NADDA-"CRED"[/I] do the "ht'rrrrs" have as far as I'm concerned. You think it's stupid, then you go and do one better. Otherwise, you keep pecking away.
How come those haters seem to be in the majority? And also interesting how these "haters'" points are so valid that they are currently discussed in film schools as exactly what to avoid when making a movie.

Ironically, the NYT's quote everyone is wetting themselves over was GL didn't care which version, or what changes/omissions all these "aspiring directors" made to his movie/his concept , it's just his version will be the one he can live with artistically!
Funny how this "definitive vision" changes every few years.

It's not the validity of their points (even the ones that are a matter of opinion) that warrant ridicule. It's the histrionics.

Dude...at some point you have moved out of your mothers basement and hopefully accomplished something of note in your life. And if you haven't yet...well, er...

My point being-life evolves and so does your outlook on life. GL or most of the other creative like don't create art for just our benefit. Your kidding yourself if don't think that they do it for themselves, first and foremost!

But read the article...you can have your cake and eat it too! Just hope you choke on it s'all:wave

https://www.avclub.com/articles/you...SS&utm_campaign=feeds&utm_source=channel_film

As for the "why should I keep going if everyone keeps yelling at you" quote, maybe if everybody doesn't like what you're doing with something that's a sign that you're doing something wrong? This is entertainment after all. The whole point is to make things that people like.

Bingo!

How come those haters seem to be in the majority? And also interesting how these "haters'" points are so valid that they are currently discussed in film schools as exactly what to avoid when making a movie.

Funny how this "definitive vision" changes every few years.

Because they're right! (at least this time)

SW haterz are lame, but the apologists take the cake!!

Dude...at some point you have moved out of your mothers basement and hopefully accomplished something of note in your life. And if you haven't yet...well, er...

My point being-life evolves and so does your outlook on life. GL or most of the other creative like don't create art for just our benefit. Your kidding yourself if don't think that they do it for themselves, first and foremost!

But read the article...you can have your cake and eat it too! Just hope you choke on it s'all:wave

You are a super fan boy Star Wars geek (i can tell :lol) and l am sure Devil is twice your age.:lol

When you mak a movie and is released you leave it alone. I doubt we will see Peter Jackson in 10 years changing all sorts of stuff in the LOTR and even if he wanted too i'm sure he knows better, GL does/did not.

Back