G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulse Con Exclusive Crimson Strike Force (September):
GI Joe Classified Crimson Strike Force.jpg

More Renders:
IMG_BF0DFE00CEED-1__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_DBC68EA6705A-1__scaled_800.jpg

It's great to see more Dreadnoks available but, I don't like that thy gave them tactical pants with molded on knee pads instead of blue jeans. Tactical pants makes them look more military than biker gang. Reuse is fine, these characters deserved to have a new mold for their legs.

Pics of the Steel Corps two pack going up for sale Tomorrow (Fanmazom):

It appears the weapons loadouts are becoming a bit more "realistic" At least they are a far push ahead of what was in the first Duke and first Beachhead.

Curious if the stuff by Gridiron and Valaverse caused a shift i.e. Classified didn't want to lose the mid tier "realistic" market to Valaverse and started pushing out stuff that's a little more hybrid. Shockwave is a pleasant surprise. He was, along with Claymore, one of my favorites back in the day.

Competition is a good thing. Without Valaverse, Gridiron and the core military brands ( DID, DAM, Soldier Story, etc) , who knows what shortcuts we might have seen otherwise. I'm old enough to have gotten LionRock 8 inch figures out of Walgreens back in the day. And that should equate to about 1/9th scale today, or Mego sized. And there was literally no support at all from any other brands. Colleco Rambo, that was it. That was as close as modern military gear you could get for those lines and scale.

It appears the weapons loadouts are becoming a bit more "realistic" At least they are a far push ahead of what was in the first Duke and first Beachhead.

Curious if the stuff by Gridiron and Valaverse caused a shift i.e. Classified didn't want to lose the mid tier "realistic" market to Valaverse and started pushing out stuff that's a little more hybrid. Shockwave is a pleasant surprise. He was, along with Claymore, one of my favorites back in the day.

Competition is a good thing. Without Valaverse, Gridiron and the core military brands ( DID, DAM, Soldier Story, etc) , who knows what shortcuts we might have seen otherwise. I'm old enough to have gotten LionRock 8 inch figures out of Walgreens back in the day. And that should equate to about 1/9th scale today, or Mego sized. And there was literally no support at all from any other brands. Colleco Rambo, that was it. That was as close as modern military gear you could get for those lines and scale.
The Classified design team has heard the requests for more realistic weapons since the start with the Nerf weapons. I'm sure they're also taking note of what other companies are doing whether they admit to it or not. I just wish they'd fully commit to 100% realistic guns. The FN Scar H rifles used here have weird sculpting on the grenade launcher, a missing stock, an odd mixing of scopes, only one rifle has a laser module, and I'm particularly irritated by that stupid looking angled foregrip under the grenade launcher. I'm contemplating cutting it off the rifle in the Viper 3 pack (same gun set). So I'm still replacing most of the weapons for my Classified figures.

According to Xmanny87, Classified product design manager Lenny Panzica is unhappy with how soft and warped a lot of the weapons have been coming lately. I hope they ask the team on the Indiana Jones line what type of plastic they use because, the guns there are much sturdier.

The Classified design team has heard the requests for more realistic weapons since the start with the Nerf weapons. I'm sure they're also taking note of what other companies are doing whether they admit to it or not. I just wish they'd fully commit to 100% realistic guns. The FN Scar H rifles used here have weird sculpting on the grenade launcher, a missing stock, an odd mixing of scopes, only one rifle has a laser module, and I'm particularly irritated by that stupid looking angled foregrip under the grenade launcher. I'm contemplating cutting it off the rifle in the Viper 3 pack (same gun set). So I'm still replacing most of the weapons for my Classified figures.

According to Xmanny87, Classified product design manager Lenny Panzica is unhappy with how soft and warped a lot of the weapons have been coming lately. I hope they ask the team on the Indiana Jones line what type of plastic they use because, the guns there are much sturdier.

On a side note, wanted to show you something. I picked up a Hover Star 2.0 for about ten bucks. Do you remember the old Ghost Recon Alpha short film from over a decade ago with the drone part? Someone posted it on OSW back in the day. It's nifty that the HS2.0 can actually fly. But I'm really looking at it for mod possibilities for a drone custom. Wouldn't be hard to add a gun rig to it, paint it a little, etc, etc. Useful for 1/6th, but I can also see it being acceptable scale for Classified size.

Curious, anyone have pics of your Classified collection? I’m wondering how they are displayed. Looking for ideas. Thanks.

I've been wanting to try this and now that I finally have Torpedo, I can give it a shot. Here he is with the Action Force Spec Ops vest; as well as the belt, and pistol in the second shot:
GI Joe Classified Torpedo With Action Force Vest 01.jpg

GI Joe Classified Torpedo With Action Force Vest 02.jpg

It fits alright. The vest goes on over the weight harness underneath easily, the belt can slide up the legs with the leg strap pouches off easily. The rebreather pack peg isn't long enough to sit on the back firmly especially with the radio pouch in place on the back of the vest, and the belt is quite loose around his waist. I think once Valaverse releases their female belt vest packs, that belt will have a better fit on the waist, I won't know until I have one in hand. Still looks great in a pose! I hope Hasbro re-releases this body for future Scuba Joes. I've also been thinking of stripping the gray paint off the legs with nail polish remover then, dyeing & painting the rest black... I Might give that a try in the future once I get another Torpedo.

Back