Force Friday Hot Toys predictions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Force Friday is mainly for stuff like Hasbro and Funko. I guess HTs don't really care about this stuff.
I agree, it's great for people who collect retail store figures. HT figures are not carried in those places, so maybe they're not obligated to put out merchandise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

True, but still I guess Hot Toys will release something from TLJ in the next weeks. However going by all the releases last week from Hasbro etc there won't be any big surprises. Similar stuff in Hot Toys quality.

I get that other stores may not be on board with so called "Force Friday" but you would imagine that Disney would be pushing this in their own stores...having just left a Disney store with the wife and kids in Orlando,FL of all places and seeing that they had bigger displays, set ups, and more merchandise for Guardians of the Galaxy than Star Wars has me wondering if Disney is actually concerned about the quality of TLJ...they promote the heck out of everything but wow...next to nothing for this film in one of their flagship stores...?

I get that other stores may not be on board with so called "Force Friday" but you would imagine that Disney would be pushing this in their own stores...having just left a Disney store with the wife and kids in Orlando,FL of all places and seeing that they had bigger displays, set ups, and more merchandise for Guardians of the Galaxy than Star Wars has me wondering if Disney is actually concerned about the quality of TLJ...they promote the heck out of everything but wow...next to nothing for this film in one of their flagship stores...?

I think one of two things is happening with that. Either 1. They feel they don't have to promote it crazy anymore and can cruise on it being Star Wars. Just for releasing it, they are guaranteed a bare minimum of 350 million domestic and that's if they do NOTHING. 2. There is a small possibility that it is as "different" as people are saying the film is thanks to Rian Johnson and that they are expecting some kind of backlash and are already prepping for it. If J.J. Abrams film was "Safe", this one might be totally the opposite and they are preparing for a pr nightmare. Even if it is "different" it still might be a great film, just something totally different than normal.

Having seen the promo for TLJ for D23 and all of the cast talk about it I can guarantee Disney is behind the film 100%. They would not put it out as is if they felt there would be a "backlash"... they would have done what they did on Rogue One and what they are doing on Han Solo.... re-hire, re-shoot, re-do until it is what they want it to be. I for one am glad they gave some slack to Ryan to do some things differently but the only reason they did so is because his vision of it worked in their marketing minds.

At points I feel like they may go GoT on us and we will be waiting to see who they kill this episode but that might just be me (and not complaining... it is very weird to love/hate having your favorites get pruned from the tree).

This whole Force Friday has left a strange taste in my mouth. I feel like we should have more from HT but there's nothing day in day out. Cmon Hot Toys release something and we can happily talk about it and get back to it.

This whole Force Friday has left a strange taste in my mouth. I feel like we should have more from HT but there's nothing day in day out. Cmon Hot Toys release something and we can happily talk about it and get back to it.

I think I'm more annoyed that we still haven't even seen an official trailer yet!

Having seen the promo for TLJ for D23 and all of the cast talk about it I can guarantee Disney is behind the film 100%. They would not put it out as is if they felt there would be a "backlash"... they would have done what they did on Rogue One and what they are doing on Han Solo.... re-hire, re-shoot, re-do until it is what they want it to be.

Quoted for Truth. If Disney was the *least* bit concerned about this movie they'd be reshooting the hell out of it right now. But they aren't. All evidence points to them thinking they've got a Royal Flush and are simply playing their cards close to the chest.

They did have the app for Force Friday (I heard but didn't actually try it). I think the overall promotion is there. It's just quiet on premium collectibles, which is usually the case anyways. I do expect something with a helmet to be announced soon for October release in HK. Hoping for a Praetorian Guard 2 pack.

Quoted for Truth. If Disney was the *least* bit concerned about this movie they'd be reshooting the hell out of it right now. But they aren't. All evidence points to them thinking they've got a Royal Flush and are simply playing their cards close to the chest.

Case in point... they just let Colin Trevorrow go from IX....

Here's Kotobukiya's excellent looking Poe and BB-8. I can imagine how awesome a Hot Toys figure will be:

41106948e8d9553781c941ae5164bb34.jpg

That loos amazing but is it a figure, statue, vinyl or what?

They did have the app for Force Friday (I heard but didn't actually try it). I think the overall promotion is there. It's just quiet on premium collectibles, which is usually the case anyways. I do expect something with a helmet to be announced soon for October release in HK. Hoping for a Praetorian Guard 2 pack.

Yeah, like Poe with flight gear and HELMET !! ;-)

That loos amazing but is it a figure, statue, vinyl or what?

Kotobukiya makes statues in hard plastic. The statues arrive in different segments (ie arms, legs, torso, head) that you simply push together. Some will have optional parts such as arms in different positions or holding different accessories. The SW stuff is either 1/10 or 1/7 scale, the majority of it is 1/10.
They also make Marvel and DC statues in 1/10, 1/7, and 1/6 scale, Alien in 1/10, and Friday the 13th in 1/6 scale. Kotobukiya does make articulated figures as model kits (think Bandai Star Wars figure model kits) but so far only for anime and video game properties.

Dammit, Cosbabies are moving Hot Toys priorities away from 1/6. I mean look at the Force Friday 2 announcements this year. 50 Cosbabies and one 1/6 Pizza Trooper !

Not good.....not good !

Beijing Toy Fair this weekend. What do they show......

Of course Cosbabies appeal to the general public and are at a much lower price point. So it probably makes good business sense. But it's gotta be a concern for us 1/6 aficionados !!!

21457434_10154850649167344_71436629266781646_o.jpg

They are hopping on the Funko bandwagon HARD. These have shifted more and more to looking like Pops than ever before - the pupils are bigger, heads rounder, and they've gotten the round black base to boot. To top it off, their 'life size' Kylo is straight out of Funko's show displays. I don't blame them for chasing that market - given that these are a little more expensive than Pops, they can get the audience that is "too good" for the most common collector market item, but still likes chibi style. It's smart, I get it.

They are hopping on the Funko bandwagon HARD. These have shifted more and more to looking like Pops than ever before - the pupils are bigger, heads rounder, and they've gotten the round black base to boot. To top it off, their 'life size' Kylo is straight out of Funko's show displays. I don't blame them for chasing that market - given that these are a little more expensive than Pops, they can get the audience that is "too good" for the most common collector market item, but still likes chibi style. It's smart, I get it.

Yes, and putting a positive spin on it, I guess it potentially attracts more customers to their 1/6 lines too.

Back