(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for all you seasoned ebay sellers. I have never sold any collectibles (aside from a couple of art prints) and i plan on listing these three figures on ebay soon. But how should i list them? Should the start price just be $0.99 or close to what i'm willing to accept? Auction or BIN? Any other tips?

I go with the price that seems fair to me and usually something it has sold for before (always 30-day Buy it Nows), and then maybe incrementally go down $5 or $10 bucks after a week or 10 days if it's getting none or very few watchers. I require immediate pay as I've had purchases where the buyer disappears immediately afterward. I'm usually trying not to lose money or much money so I think about all the fees and what I'll actually be getting for the figure after the 10% ebay and 3% paypal.

I found that Buy It Nows move better than an auction listed for even less than that same price (cause you can't get an impulse purchase who doesn't want the figure to get away). The auction they can bide their time and might start to think that the figure isn't worth the initial price if nobody has bid.

I also have a box ready and do shipping based on calculated weight and package size for, and offer a couple shipping options if possible, that way you don't get burned on the shipping costs.

Question for all you seasoned ebay sellers. I have never sold any collectibles (aside from a couple of art prints) and i plan on listing these three figures on ebay soon. But how should i list them? Should the start price just be $0.99 or close to what i'm willing to accept? Auction or BIN? Any other tips?

d76bb07b7792cef478d2fc2e61249ab9.jpg
d3dda4fa0815e20f32f01d6b0abdf68c.jpg

8318_press01-001.jpg

JJJ might be interested in your Prototype. PM him!

8318_press01-001.jpg

I'm offended that you didn't ask me. :mad:

On a side-note I really like that light-up base for Vader. I actually got one of eBay for my HT Vader. Now I just need space to display him.

8318_press01-001.jpg

Start with BIN for a fair price. Sometimes you get hosed on auctions and end up selling it for way less than you want.

It's ill! :panic: :rock

I go with the price that seems fair to me and usually something it has sold for before (always 30-day Buy it Nows), and then maybe incrementally go down $5 or $10 bucks after a week or 10 days if it's getting none or very few watchers. I require immediate pay as I've had purchases where the buyer disappears immediately afterward. I'm usually trying not to lose money or much money so I think about all the fees and what I'll actually be getting for the figure after the 10% ebay and 3% paypal.

I found that Buy It Nows move better than an auction listed for even less than that same price (cause you can't get an impulse purchase who doesn't want the figure to get away). The auction they can bide their time and might start to think that the figure isn't worth the initial price if nobody has bid.

I also have a box ready and do shipping based on calculated weight and package size for, and offer a couple shipping options if possible, that way you don't get burned on the shipping costs.

Damn! Ebay takes 10%!? :mad:

I'm in denmark so there's really only one shipping option and it's not cheap (but nothing in denmark is) so i'm sure that'll scare a few potential buyers away. But i do that as well so i know the actual shipping cost and can list that and not loose anything on shipping unless i knock a few bucks off beforehand to make the cost look a little better.

And thank you! I appreciate it :duff

JJJ might be interested in your Prototype. PM him!

Will do. Thanks :D

The cuss you doing here? :panic:

Start with BIN for a fair price. Sometimes you get hosed on auctions and end up selling it for way less than you want.

It's ill! :panic: :rock

Yeah, i don't want to wait 7 or 10 days for the auction to end only to have the winner back out after waiting another week for payment :monkey4

Now to figure out what's fair *rubs chin*

Ill Jedi? I heard he was dead.

No, he just lives in a dumpster behind an In-N-Out :lecture

The Celebration trailer leaked, it's quality is pretty bad but you get the basic gist.

Mods, if this is against the rules somehow, someway, feel free to delete but I wanted to share with my Cantina buddies.

Damn! Ebay takes 10%!? :mad:

I'm in denmark so there's really only one shipping option and it's not cheap (but nothing in denmark is) so i'm sure that'll scare a few potential buyers away. But i do that as well so i know the actual shipping cost and can list that and not loose anything on shipping unless i knock a few bucks off beforehand to make the cost look a little better.

And thank you! I appreciate it :duff

Now to figure out what's fair *rubs chin*

You can always try the Facebook group Swedish Collectors BST first. No fees, Shipping to Sweden shouldn't be that bad, and I think you could get those items sold there. Worth a shot.

I don't watch Rebels any more, but Thrawn is coming to season three.
I watched the first season never got around to watching the second season. Maybe one day I'll get around to watching it again. I didn't ever finish clone wars either.

I just sat down to watch Clone Wars; I had seen a few episodes but never got into it. I just skip any episode with Jar Jar or anything else too goofy.

There is some good stuff in there; both in the way it's "shot" and in terms of narrative development, given the limitations of what remains essentially a kids show.

I'm current on Rebels; the art direction and sound design is on point. It seems even more kid-focused at times than CW, but veers into dark territory a fair bit. They're fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back