Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dementus’s arc was just too unfocused and he was just too aloof with his motivations and being too hard to understand didn’t help either.

Australians are complaining they couldn’t understand him lol

Thankfully his last monologue back and forth with Furiosa was pretty epic…get what I did there lol

I am shocked just how much the trailer gave away of major key scenes but it didn’t ruin the movie.

Last edited:
3 hours after screening and the movie has….

Improved in my head by 15%.
Give it another 3 hours...
f0a150cb643ab8e32bb882ac26e7fa08.gif

This movie gonna bomb my theater is empty for my viewing later today :horror

I'm guessing the only film that night make some decent coin for the rest of the year is Deadpool.

Last year was the lowest box office since 1996 and this year is on course to be waaaaaaay lower... and that's without taking inflation into account.

With the **** Hollywood has been churning out, increased cost of living, rising ticket prices, less than 45 day release window to streaming... poor old cinema is dying.

Just got out.

My fear from day one after they announced Hemsworth as the main antagonist was that he was miscast.

Unfortunately my fears came true.

He just did not cut it for me.

He was a weak villain with almost impossible. dialogue to comprehend although his final scene with Furiosa was very well done.

Anya was the standout she really was mesmerizing and unlike Hemsworth was perfectly cast as Furiosa.

Her eyes were striking and she stood out with a very good performance.

The “solid snake” looking character that I was not expecting to be in this movie was also very well done.

I almost liked him more as a Max type character than Harding.

I thought they were going somewhere with his connection to Furiosa but it didn’t pan out as I was hoping.

Furioss’s final vehicle is spectacular sounding.

Immortan Joe literally sounded like Bane wtf lol

The way she lost her arm was very anti-climatic.

The movie definitely has pacing issues due to its runtime and for a quick moment there it got a little boring.

Fury Road was better paced…MUCH BETTER!

Don’t get me wrong there were some very good parts and great looking long distance desert visuals.

The cgi did bug me. :crying

Her final scene didn’t work for me it was rushed just to set up Fury Road there was no need for that.

Look I didn’t hate the movie not at all but what’s that famous saying…

A movie is only as good as its villain allows it to be, and their lies my problem.

I will not be returning to the cinema to watch this like I did with Dune 2. :horror

So the question everybody wants to know, is it better than Thunderdome?

The answer to that is…..

Yes.
Great review! What would you give it out of 10 Jye? I’m torn between this and Apes to drag the wife to this weekend.

Funny, I’ve heard nothing but good things about Hemsworth as the villian…

Also, you didn’t like Dune Pt. 2?

IMG_7808.gif

Great review! What would you give it out of 10 Jye? I’m torn between this and Apes to drag the wife to this weekend.

View attachment 704278
I’m happy you asked about Dune 2.

Dune 2 and John Wick 4 are hand down two of the best audio experiences I’ve ever felt in cinema.

I liked Dune 2 but I do agree with everyone about the battle at the end being too short.

View attachment 704278
Apes is worth a watch - if you like the latest trilogy anyway. More of an adventure/drama than all action.

Just fyi Furiosa was NOT as good as Dune 2 and JW4 in the thunderous sound department.

Her final car sounded good but thatcwas about it and even that didn’t match the Dune 2 and JW4 sonic powerhouse cinema experience.

Don’t get me wrong it was good but I was hoping for great especially with it being a movie with tons of vehicles.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the only film that night make some decent coin for the rest of the year is Deadpool.

Last year was the lowest box office since 1996 and this year is on course to be waaaaaaay lower... and that's without taking inflation into account.

With the **** Hollywood has been churning out, increased cost of living, rising ticket prices, less than 45 day release window to streaming... poor old cinema is dying.
Yeah I just checked the theaters around me and it appears most of them are only about half sold out for tonight, which seems to line up with the lower box office estimate. But then Fury Road only made $380 mil worldwide, which just seems crazy to me given it was an absolute freakin masterpiece.

For a franchise known for its low budget gritty stunts and backdrops Furiosa is pretty off putting at times especially with all of those digital war boys falling off vehicles, yuck.

Look I get it Hollywood today isn’t the Australian out back gorilla style seat of your pants filmmaking circa 1978.

Today there are labor laws, OSHA, liability, insurance, lawyers, unions, workers comp, lawsuits etc etc you can’t place stunt men in harms way anymore no less actors like George Miller and Byron Kennedy did in MM1 and MM2 everyone has to be harnessed up during practical stunts.

Hell even by Beyond Thunderdome the safety restrictions and requirements were already more strict than just a few years earlier with Road Warrior.

Miller has stated that he is lucky that no one died making MM1 and MM2 as it is now stunt men still die.

But digital stunt men falling off vehicles just seems wrong in a MM film.

Sigh.

Last edited:
Back