Flash Point Studio FP-22170B 1/6 Scale Princess Atlantis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine just arrived today. This figure is laughably bad. This is some of the lowest effort I’ve ever seen put into a 1/6 figure.

The head sculpt is about 3/10 for likeness to Amber Heard. Its paint application is Barbie-esque. There’s no weathering whatsoever to the suit or weapons. I don’t think her gun is even painted, it’s just green plastic. The trident is ridiculously, hilariously oversized. She literally almost can’t hold it up. It’s polished metal, no weathering at all.

It photographs shockingly well however, for how truly awful it is in-hand.

IMG_2753.jpeg

IMG_2766.jpeg

IMG_2748.jpeg

IMG_2758.jpeg

IMG_2765.jpeg

IMG_2752.jpeg

Next to the others she doesn't look as small as I thought. Whatever it is I think she looks fine for what it is. Suit looks amazing on photos. Flat painted gun can be fixed with a metallic drybrushing. Gonna restyle hair and add some smokey eyes. Trident is crazily oversized tho. Makes no sense.

Let me add that the suit itself is decent, despite the lack of any weathering. A custom head sculpt and some weathering wash and/or powder could probably fix it, essentially.

I was so appalled that I didn’t even bother to check in the box to see if it came with a tiara, lol. The tiara probably helps it out as well.

Maybe commission an artist to 3D print the trident. Add some weathering wash and/or powder to the gun.

It just pissed me off to see what this thing is out of the box, given what they charged for it.

I guess I'm the only one who got ver.A (red hair)?
It's not that bad. but the head sculpt is only 30% of prototype. And the spear is huge!
I'll try repaint the head a little over the weekend.
View attachment 685340

View attachment 685341

View attachment 685342

View attachment 685343

I got Ver. A (Red hair) too, like how the colors pop more.

Dissapointed with the figure's likeness but I bought the JND Mera 1:3 statue so that satisfies the Amber Heard head sculpt likeness.

This 1/6 figure will be more of a background and back of the display figure in my DC collection.

I got the A Version. The trident is kinda awesome. It's also kinda ridiculous. Overall, another pretty nice figure from Flash Point. All of their stuff is a little undersized, but I guess it's all at least undersized together. I also like the utilitarian stands they use.

Back