First G.I. JUNK Test-Screening Reaction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, not really. Not as bad as KOTCS's ending, not even close...
I disagree, of course. Just speculation, but I think people with nostalgic connections to Raiders, etc. can't view the new one objectively, whereas they can divorce feelings about the TF toys and cartoon from the Bay movie, because they were so different.

That TF movie was much cheesier (with the bad jokes, racial stereotypes, etc.) than the new Indy movie was, IMO. Hell, just look at the soundtrack!

I disagree, of course. Just speculation, but I think people with nostalgic connections to Raiders, etc. can't view the new one objectively, whereas they can divorce feelings about the TF toys and cartoon from the Bay movie, because they were so different.

That TF movie was much cheesier (with the bad jokes, racial stereotypes, etc.) than the new Indy movie was, IMO. Hell, just look at the soundtrack!

The new TF movie might have been cheesier, but I don't know... they were setting a tone, so it didn't bother me as much as KOTCS. With Indy, the tone had already been set - and this was a pretty significant departure. I just didn't really enjoy KOTCS overall. Some of it was great, most of it was okay - but the end left me feeling disappointed. I certainly didn't leave TF thinking it was a great movie, but it was okay I guess.

You mean the part with nonsensical aliens? Yeah that doesn't sound like TRANSFORMERS at all. :lol

Not sure I understand your point. Transformers is supposed to have aliens in it. Indy, well, up until that movie, didn't.

Not sure I understand your point. Transformers is supposed to have aliens in it. Indy, well, up until that movie, didn't.

No, it just had ghosts that melt faces and explode heads, people who get their hearts ripped out and stay alive, and 500 year old knights. Nothing at all as outlandish as aliens and UFOs. :lol

No, it just had ghosts that melt faces and explode heads, people who get their hearts ripped out and stay alive, and 500 year old knights. Nothing at all as outlandish as aliens and UFOs. :lol

:lol:lol:lol:lol

the reason KOTC sucked had nothing to do with the presence of aliens...

it sucked because it had a terrible screenplay...

The new TF movie might have been cheesier, but I don't know... they were setting a tone, so it didn't bother me as much as KOTCS. With Indy, the tone had already been set - and this was a pretty significant departure.
That makes sense. I think expectations play a key role. Personally, I wasn't expecting much with KOTCS, and was not let down. With TF, I wasn't expecting much, but was still underwhelmed.

So back on topic, yeah, this GI Joe movie is gonna blow. I still haven't decided if I will see it or not. I know it is wrong to pay money to support this stuff, but how can I truly know how bad it will be without seeing it, to know for a fact that it is unworthy of my monetary support or time? This is the great paradox of our times.

That makes sense. I think expectations play a key role. Personally, I wasn't expecting much with KOTCS, and was not let down. With TF, I wasn't expecting much, but was still underwhelmed.

So back on topic, yeah, this GI Joe movie is gonna blow. I still haven't decided if I will see it or not. I know it is wrong to pay money to support this stuff, but how can I truly know how bad it will be without seeing it, to know for a fact that it is unworthy of my monetary support or time? This is the great paradox of our times.

if you can't tell this sucks just from viewing the trailer and the clip released so far...

then, quite frankly i'm not sure you should be permitted to watch movies anymore...

I have a very, very, very good idea that it will suck quite horribly, and have since well before the cast was announced, but it is literally impossible to know if something will suck without seeing it. I'm afraid this is an absolute truth

If I take a sip of a drink and think it tastes bad, I don't need to drink the whole thing to determine that.

The stuff in the trailer sucks ass so I don't need to see more.

I have a very, very, very good idea that it will suck quite horribly, and have since well before the cast was announced, but it is literally impossible to know if something will suck without seeing it. I'm afraid this is an absolute truth

no it's not.

i knew that "white chicks" sucked before i saw it.

i know the next uwe boll movie will suck without seeing it.

i know that the sun will rise tomorrow...

i know these things because previous experience and logic have shown them to be true.

barring an occurance so improbable that the odds of it happening are ludicrously low.... like the sun instantly blinking out of existance , or uwe boll becoming possesed by the ghost of alfred hitchcock... these things can be known way beyond a reasonable doubt...

the evidence that this Joe movie will suck beyond all redemption is equally overwhelming and beyond any reasonable doubt.

anyone too sheeplike to make value judgements from the available evidence about things like this should probably not be allowed to make daily decisions of any sort.

no it's not.
anyone too sheeplike to make value judgements from the available evidence about things like this should probably not be allowed to make daily decisions of any sort.

:lol

If you can't understand my point then, quite frankly i'm not sure you should be permitted to post without taking a remedial logic course...

Of course your experiences and available evidence give you a great deal of information, and we typically use that information to filter what we will or won't do or see. But if you are suggesting that you can know that something sucks without seeing it, then you are completely, objectively wrong. This is a logical impossibility. You can say there is a probability that it will suck, and that is it. Sorry you can't understand something this simple.

then, quite frankly i'm not sure you should be permitted to watch movies anymore...

Someone who runs a business catering to 1/6 enthusiasts should probably be smart enough not to act like a jerk on a forum full of 1/6 enthusiasts.

Does your magazine have the same grammatical problems as your posts? What I mean is, why even bother adding periods to the end of your sentences if you aren't going to capitalize anything?

Someone who runs a business catering to 1/6 enthusiasts should probably be smart enough not to act like a jerk on a forum full of 1/6 enthusiasts.

Does your magazine have the same grammatical problems as your posts? What I mean is, why even bother adding periods to the end of your sentences if you aren't going to capitalize anything?

first off... everyone speaks in hyperbolic absolutes here...

i don't think any reasonable people believe that i really intend him to be locked up somewhere for life just because he might watch a terrible movie...

a couple years would probably be more than sufficient :D

as for grammar on an internet forum....

i see no need for it.

an internet forum is a completely informal setting.

in a book or print publication, of course, the rules are much more formal.

i actually have a degree in English.

when i was in high school a student asked one of our english teachers why we had to learn all these grammar rules if famous people like Emily Dickenson and e.e. cummings could disregard grammatical rules and still be taught in schools...

the teacher replied that we had to learn all the rules first, before we would be allowed to break them.

so, when i Got my English BA, i decided it meant that i sufficiently knew the rules well enough that i could write however i damn well please.

:naughty

actually i'm just to lazy to bother with capitalization or punctuation on an internet forum.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight- you're all agreeing that the movie will suck (and blow) but you're arguing about it?

Stay on topic please and keep personal attacks out of the discussion please.

Personally I'm looking forward to the G.I. Power Rangers.

i don't think any reasonable people believe that i really intend him to be locked up somewhere for life just because he might watch a terrible movie...

As for the fact that you, an English major, are representing your magazine on the forum with every post you make, I would rethink that strategy. Seeing someone who publishes a magazine write like you do, is a bit like watching a Coca-Cola executive drink Pepsi. There is nothing wrong with it, but it sure looks odd to those buying the product. Image is everything.

As for the fact that you, an English major, are representing your magazine on the forum with every post you make, I would rethink that strategy. Seeing someone who publishes a magazine write like you do, is a bit like watching a Coca-Cola executive drink Pepsi. There is nothing wrong with it, but it sure looks odd to those buying the product. Image is everything.

you've probably got a pretty good point there.

thanks for the advice.

but we're probably getting a bit too far off topic here...

you've probably got a pretty good point there.

thanks for the advice.

but we're probably getting a bit too far off topic here...

Agreed. GI JOE will probably be horrible. I will see it, but not in the theater, and only if I can rent it through RedBox. Rentals there are $1, and that is about what I think seeing GI JOE would be worth.

Ah, the irony. :lol For someone who was just criticizing another freak for his "lack of English" skills, perhaps you need to brush up on your English Comprehension. The post directly above yours was from the Site Administrator telling you to knock off the personal attacks. Bringing his magazine into question, which is entirely irrelevant to this thread, is a personal attack.

Back