Favorite Lightsaber color (Movies)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fave color?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OSCORP

Super Freak
Reaction score
Redoing this poll, For you elders that remember the first it's closed, and i got to thinking about how these colors were huge to me as a child.

Something about Vader's red (or pink if you are really a true OT guy/gal lol) did something to me as a kid i dunno what it was but it seemed more than red brilliant in fact.

Love the blue and green. Can't stand purple just cause SJ asked for it and Lucas caved.

darth-vader-star-wars-kenner.jpg

Blue for me. But nothing quite tops the scene in Jedi where Luke catches the lightsaber and ignites that bright green blade.

Green! Jedi Luke's Saber was my favorite lightsaber EVER. Loved the design of it. So cool but I do love blue and red also.

Yeah.. I absolutely love that too. :)

My actual fave though, is definitely Luke's green blade in ROTJ.

The Sail Barge deck battle scenes, will always hold a special place for me. :rock
I'm giving you a Rep for this comment. My Favorite Lightsaber from one of my favorite films. That scene always rocks when I watch it. Luke kicks some ***! :rock

I love Lukes saber from ROTJ.

The scene where Artoo fires the lightsaber for Luke, and the subsequent battle on the barge /skiffs is probably one of my favorite movie moments.

Last edited:
Yeah.. I absolutely love that too. :)

My actual fave though, is definitely Luke's green blade in ROTJ.

The Sail Barge deck battle scenes, will always hold a special place for me. :rock

That particular version of the music that plays during that scene( which, for the record, is Even titled Return of the Jedi) , to THIS DAY Still sends chills of excitement down my spine. One of my FAVORITE sequences in all of the OT.

That particular version of the music that plays during that scene( which, for the record, is Even titled Return of the Jedi) , to THIS DAY Still sends chills of excitement down my spine. One of my FAVORITE sequences in all of the OT.

No kidding, John Williams just brings that excitement to the table!

From wookiepedia
https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

lightsaber crystals were used to indicate a Jedi's chosen class. Blue indicated a Jedi Guardian, a Jedi who used the Force on a more physical level. Green indicated a Jedi Consular, a Jedi who preferred to reflect on the mysteries of the Force and fight the dark side at its heart. Yellow indicated a Jedi Sentinel, a Jedi who honed their skills in a balance of combat and scholarly pursuits.

This distinction fell out of practice in later years when most Jedi used blue or green crystals from Ilum Caves based on personal choice, and when the use of crystals coming from various source worlds became marginal. Purple, yellow, and orange crystals were still used by some Jedi until the fall of the Jedi Order, but they were exceedingly rare, and often passed down through generations.[source?] During the Galactic Civil War, the Galactic Empire banned trade and possession of all lightsaber crystals.[source?] No longer having Ilum crystals at their disposal, Jedi of the New Jedi Order favored the use of various crystals and gems, creating lightsaber blades of multiple colors.

The synthetic crystals, favored by users of the dark side for their offensive properties, being impregnated with the negative energies of their creators which gave to the crystals their red color; the majority of the Sith and Dark Jedi wielded crimson-bladed lightsabers.

Blue for me. But nothing quite tops the scene in Jedi where Luke catches the lightsaber and ignites that bright green blade.

Green for me for sure. For your reason above. Epic scene.

Back