1/6 Hot Toys - MMS681 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Mace Windu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People getting harassed by the copium crew over their opinions of this being a legitimately bad sculpt for once is pretty telling. We all want this character on our shelf. Some of us want it to actually look like Sam Jackson though.
Yeah, I’m not even talking about Reddit. That place can fall out a senator’s window for all I care. 😂

It’s all over the fb groups though. Copium hardcore. Never, ever seen it like this before. Not even with Darth Maul.

And this isn’t even Darth Maul. It’s not a dude in makeup. They did Samuel L Jackson justice (ten years ago?) with their Nick Fury figure. Why was this one so difficult? Just like with the 1.0 Maul, it looks like a cosplayer.

Maul is getting a 2.0 because they messed that first sculpt up so badly. They will do the same thing with Mace. I won’t be getting it though. Sorry, but my days of double dipping and playing that little Hasbro game are coming to a close. This is it for me. This is the Mace that will be on my shelf, since I already had it paid off and was hoping and praying they would improve the sculpt at release—which they didn’t. Oh well, I guess.

It’s all pretty standard and par for course…though I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t a slight shock to the system when so much vitriol from the sensitive is tossed my way. It can get dicey here every now and then, but it gets real intense over at FB. It’s as if you insulted or un-alived a family member of theirs. Copium IS a hell of a drug *rickjameslaughing.gif*

I had to solo an angry mob due to my opinions on this Make Windpu…and some dude went out of his way to check my profile and hurled personal insults…

All because of a TOY 😂

Let that sink in for a minute.

Seriously, people need to chill. Just accept it’s not a universally approved figure and perhaps also accept that it’s not a good one yknow? Just don’t be surprised when people stomp all over an ugly $300 figure that was produced by a “high end” toy manufacturer that built its reputation on making the toys look like the character and actor we all saw on the screen.

It’s all pretty standard and par for course…though I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t a slight shock to the system when so much vitriol from the sensitive is tossed my way. It can get dicey here every now and then, but it gets real intense over at FB. It’s as if you insulted or un-alived a family member of theirs. Copium IS a hell of a drug *rickjameslaughing.gif*

I had to solo an angry mob due to my opinions on this Make Windpu…and some dude went out of his way to check my profile and hurled personal insults…

All because of a TOY 😂

Let that sink in for a minute.

Seriously, people need to chill. Just accept it’s not a universally approved figure and perhaps also accept that it’s not a good one yknow? Just don’t be surprised when people stomp all over an ugly $300 figure that was produced by a “high end” toy manufacturer that built its reputation on making the toys look like the character and actor we all saw on the screen.
It is because people make hobbies part of their identity, much like sports teams, political parties or religious affiliations. When you say something non positive about one of those things they see it as an attack on them personally and they feel insulted.

Back in my university days a lecturer was talking how the Chinese had this unique psychology where they saw their ruling party as part of themselves and so were unable to accept any criticism of the party. I said at the time that that was wrong, it wasn't unique to them, almost everywhere you can find that mentality, especially in religion.

For some folk their hobby has taken the place of a religion, so no criticism or negativity of any kind will be tolerated. They will respond with anger that their personal most holy was dishonored.

The objective and honest response would be to recognise the sculpt is way off then to say that either they accept the figure anyway or reject it.

Last edited:
What’s stupid is that Tom Holland sculpt looks like someone stole the ray gun from Honey I Shrunk the Kids and zapped Tom with it as he was coming off the set of No Way Home. I knew it was good when they first showed it and it is as good, if not better, at release. Hot Toys can and has done many good sculpts.

Meant to post last night..
Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker are now NOT on Popculture.
So potentially pre sold out.
Considering they were there 2 days ago...

It is because people make hobbies part of their identity, much like spirts teams, political parties or religious affiliations. When you say something non positive about one of those things they see it as an attack on them personally and they feel insulted.

Back in my university days a lecturer was talking how the Chinese had this unique psychology where they saw their ruling party as part of themselves and so were unable to accept any criticism of the party. I said at the time that that was wrong, almost everywhere you can find that mentality, especially in religion.

For some folk their hobby has taken the place of a religion, so no criticism or negativity of any kind will be tolerated. They will respond with anger that their personal most holy was dishonored.

The objective and honest response would be to recognise the sculpt is way off then to say that either they accept the figure anyway or reject it.

I had always simply associated the kind of blind defense for crappy figures with brand loyalty or, as you put it, the mentality of supporting a sports team. Id never considered deeper connections such as having it be a part of their identity or religious affiliation. That does shine a new light on why the pushback is the way it is.

I’d be lying if I said I never reacted the way some of these collectors did. But I grew out of it. The realization of taking things a little too seriously with TOYS was a cringe inducing moment and I would occasionally remind myself to not get too worked up over someone’s opinion, toxic or no. Objectively looking at an item and breaking down why it doesn’t work is always the preferred method…but in some circles, even that isn’t allowed 😫.

Some quick shots

20240524_204823.jpg20240524_204829.jpg20240524_204836.jpg20240524_204847.jpg20240524_211957.jpg20240524_212028.jpg20240524_212048.jpg20240524_215939.jpg20240524_220027.jpg20240524_220058.jpg20240524_221733.jpg20240524_221850.jpg

Yeah it's definitely a let down for sure when they drop the ball considering how long the whole process can take to come to fruition. The years waiting and hoping they announce a figure high on your wish list, then you wait more years while its developed, then you get a reveal and wait even more months for it to ship. Finally it comes and its a bit of a stinker so you know you'll have to wait and repeat that entire process over again hoping for another announcement, another dev cycle, hoping they get it right this time, etc. I understand the frustration 100%. And like many others have mentioned, yeah, its a freaking toy so sure calm the F down it could be worse; But that doesn't mean people can't be understandably disappointed either. I think both sides have ridiculous extremes whether it be the super religious defenders of the company or the people who throw toddler temper tantrums copy/pasting their positions on every comment section for video reviews or posts over various social media platforms.

That said, I've been waiting a long time for this guy but I'm used to companies dropping the ball by now. BTTF is my favorite franchise and Hot Toys cannot get Marty or Doc's likeness right to save their lives. I think all iterations of Marty are pretty bad, and both Doc's head sculpts are just terrible (lets not forget how they reused BTTF2 for BTTF1 doc). I just accept it for what it is at this point. It's just part of the hobby.

I have him coming and I think he looks okay from certain angles in some images. Not what I hoped, and its a surprising miss given how well Fury came out. But I'll take what I can get I guess. Nothing I can do about it except not buy it.

I think the best solution for all of us is to just wait another 5-10 years for AI and facial scanning to destroy even more jobs but also give you perfectly shrunken down perfect versions of all these characters :rotfl. Given the pace of how things are going lately I wouldn't be surprised how crazy figures get even just 5 years from now.

Last edited:
Which Anakin are we talking about? I’m old and can’t keep up lol.

EP 2 Anakin is releasing soon.

Or he could be referring to Ahsoka Anakin.

Or he could be referring to Artisan Anakin.

Or he could be referring to EP 3 Anakin he recently purchased off eBay.

Or he could be referring to Clone Wars Anakin he recently purchased off eBay.

Or he could be referr—

EP 2 Anakin is releasing soon.

Or he could be referring to Ahsoka Anakin.

Or he could be referring to Artisan Anakin.

Or he could be referring to EP 3 Anakin he recently purchased off eBay.

Or he could be referring to Clone Wars Anakin he recently purchased off eBay.

Or he could be referr—
But probably not Jake Lloyd Anakin …

Or is he?

Invoice received as well. Interesting that Kit stocked Mace before Clone Wars Obi-Wan.

Back