1/6 Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne (2.0) Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh! I forgot! We still need the Hong Kong backpack and Sonar head again! Let’s go, Howard! Armory 3.0 ftw!:rock
Dang they haven't done the pack since DX02 have they? And it's a killer look for this particular suit too. I actually prefer it.

They must have lost the mold.

What an insane waste of time and resources. Who the **** wants this?
To be fair, when HT have a strangle hold on 95% of IPs relevant to most of the collecting world, InArt needs to work with what they have to at least fill out a portfolio. I’m super glad WB/DC are loose with licensing their IPs, which resulted in fine figures like Joker, Gandalf, The Batman etc. etc.

High profile acquisitions like DC IPs is only reason they’re noticed by collectors, only reason they’re on anyone’s map, supporters and haters. Imagine they only had HP to work with. 2 figures in and they’ll probably close up shop due to NO interest.

If these HP figures are considered ‘filler’ material between the ‘major’ releases, I’m ok with it. In fact, I POd Harry and Ron. My wife would appreciate them. So that’s one thing to consider.

MMS71 - obsolete

MMSDX02 - cape back pack / DX stand (replicates the WB costume displays) / some alternate mouthplates

MMSDX12 - obsolete

Armory 1.0 - Alfred

MMSDX19 - Sonar head / EMP Gun / alternate mouth plates

HT business model in a nutshell. Never offer everything all at once. Piece meal when necessary.

That’s how you get them. Make certain aspects shiny so they forget what they took away. Rinse, repeat, profit.

Could you imagine if collectors came together in a unified voice and demanded HT to do better and to stop it with these anti consumer practices? Man how cool would that be?

What an insane waste of time and resources. Who the **** wants this?
Not sure how much crossover there is with Potterheads in this hobby, but, credit where it’s due, those are iconic films and I appreciate them venturing outside the normal realm of genre movies that have been mined and remined in 1/6th in favor of something that hasn’t been tackled quite as much. I also give them props for starting at the beginning with the kid versions instead of the later stuff.

Personally, I want them to tackle the **** out of the WB stuff and see what works and what doesn’t. Give me a Cool Hand Luke or a Bogart to go with my Batman. Deliver licensed Wizard of Oz figs along with The Matrix. Try and top all those third party Willy Wonka outings with your own licensed version. Don’t just be content to recover the same ground as HT and others have.

That’s part of my issue with Howard. If he was smart, he’d be utilizing his position in the market, the money and relationships HT has at their disposal, and the access they have to different licenses to keep his lead solid by doing stuff like Raiders Indy, taking note of the success third parties are having with ‘89 stuff like Nicholson and diving in the way he should have years ago, and one-upping IA’s Reeve figure before they could show off their altered prototype, but he won’t because you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.

We’re gonna get these remakes, then, he’s probably going to double down and start the MCU and Star Wars stuff all over again by diving into the Phase 1 well and the OT and it’ll be wash, rinse, repeat. Same as it ever was…

Last edited:
DX12 is also the only one with magnetic belt for the sticky bomb guns attachment.

Also the 1.0 armory belt is the only one that accurately uses clips, even if they're a bit too big

Not sure how much crossover there is with Potterheads in this hobby, but, credit where it’s due, those are iconic films and I appreciate them venturing outside the normal realm of genre movies that have been mined and remined in 1/6th in favor of something that hasn’t been tackled quite as much. I also give them props for starting at the beginning with the kid versions instead of the later stuff.

Personally, I want them to tackle the **** out of the WB stuff and see what works and what doesn’t. Give me a Cool Hand Luke or a Bogart to go with my Batman. Deliver licensed Wizard of Oz figs along with The Matrix. Try and top all those third party Willy Wonka outings with your own licensed version. Don’t just be content to recover the same ground as HT and others have.

That’s part of my issue with Howard. If he was smart, he’d be utilizing his position in the market, the money and relationships HT has at their disposal, and the access they have to different licenses to keep his lead solid by doing stuff like Raiders Indy, taking note of the success third parties are having with ‘89 stuff like Nicholson and diving in the way he should have years ago, and one-upping IA’s Reeve figure before they could show off their altered prototype, but he won’t because you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.

We’re gonna get these remakes, then, he’s probably going to double down and start the MCU and Star Wars stuff all over again by diving into the Phase 1 well and the OT and it’ll be wash, rinse, repeat. Same as it ever was…

Exactly. Go ham on whatever WB IP/Icon they could get their hands on, so long as it’s also profitable in Asia as well 😅

Exactly. Go ham on whatever WB IP/Icon they could get their hands on, so long as it’s also profitable in Asia as well 😅
I’m still wondering how the Dune figures have affected their distribution model and if WB are going to open their doors to global licensing for IA, as well. The fact that they’re going to have a presence at SDCC this year will be interesting. I think it’d be funny as hell if they were set up right across from Sideshow/Hot Toys’ booth. Let the consumers decide!:lol

You’d think the best business model would be to make the very best possible figure, taking feedback and making sure you get absolutely everything right, then just produce like a million of them, so that way people can get the PERFECT figure for years. But I’m assuming the impulse orders are what makes them some money, but at the same time the 1-2 year wait times make that irrelevant. So who knows.

I’m still wondering how the Dune figures have affected their distribution model and if WB are going to open their doors to global licensing for IA, as well. The fact that they’re going to have a presence at SDCC this year will be interesting. I think it’d be funny as hell if they were set up right across from Sideshow/Hot Toys’ booth. Let the consumers decide!:lol
Funny enough, Sideshow bailed on SDCC last year so I wonder if they'll do the same this year. If INART decides to go, they might just end up being there by themselves.

1a40ad8b6d5ad231eda554df98fa0865.jpeg

Looks like he's farted but pretending it wasn't him

DX12 is also the only one with magnetic belt for the sticky bomb guns attachment.

Also the 1.0 armory belt is the only one that accurately uses clips, even if they're a bit too big

Yup. There’s even more when you think about it.

Most of the figure releases are necessary to have a “definitive” one. That original Armory belt was so innovative 10 years ago and they haven’t done it again since. I loved how you could customize the belt with the different cases and cylinders. You could fit it to your liking along with the grapnel gun holster without worrying about breaking or gluing things.

How much do we want to bet this new belt is stationary.

Whoa InArt going to SDCC is HUGE. That means some doors have opened and a lot can potentially happen.

Holy **** that’s exciting news!

Yup. There’s even more when you think about it.

Most of the figure releases are necessary to have a “definitive” one. That original Armory belt was so innovative 10 years ago and they haven’t done it again since. I loved how you could customize the belt with the different cases and cylinders. You could fit it to your liking along with the grapnel gun holster without worrying about breaking or gluing things.

How much do we want to bet this new belt is stationary.

But why innovate when you can make so much with so little effort?

Whoa InArt going to SDCC is HUGE. That means some doors have opened and a lot can potentially happen.

Holy **** that’s exciting news!
I feel like, if they can steal that WB Consumer Products Partner of the Year Award from HT, HT’s exclusive hold over global distribution rights is over. Queen already has distribution with SSC for some of their statues and busts and I feel like, with global distribution, SSC might even have to just set Howard’s feelings about it aside and start selling IA products.

Also keeping in mind the current regime at WB and how Zaslav’s first priority is opening up revenue streams. I don’t think he’s got any idea about any of this stuff, at this level, but the way that guy’s running the company, I feel like he would emphasize bringing as many licensing partners into the fold as possible, rather than limiting it to just one game in town.

Howard will deploy his undercover agent, Ybonad, to mess with Inart's booth.

I feel like, if they can steal that WB Consumer Products Partner of the Year Award from HT, HT’s exclusive hold over global distribution rights is over. Queen already has distribution with SSC for some of their statues and busts and I feel like, with global distribution, SSC might even have to just set Howard’s feelings about it aside and start selling IA products.

Also keeping in mind the current regime at WB and how Zaslav’s first priority is opening up revenue streams. I don’t think he’s got any idea about any of this stuff, at this level, but the way that guy’s running the company, I feel like he would emphasize bringing as many licensing partners into the fold as possible, rather than limiting it to just one game in town.

As much as I love the image of a Howard Chan squirming in his high chair…I don’t see that happening. Figure sales aren’t what they used to be, but I can’t imagine SSC having the b***s to tell Howie “yeah we’re selling InArt products, deal with it” only because of HT current and future cash cow: Star Wars. UNLESS there’s something in their contract that binds the two companies since SSC had 1/6 productions rights at some point, either the license expired or SSC had a tight grip on it and allowed HT the license…provided they only go thru them as their distributor, then can I see SSC having some kind of leverage to tell Chan to **** off.

So I don’t know. I want to be optimistic at any chance of something or someone sticking it to Howard Chan. Pessimistically though, HT is far too big for any real change to happen…but I remain hopeful…

Last edited:
Howard will deploy his undercover agent, Ybonad, to mess with Inart's booth.
Undercover?? He’s their main guy! He’s the Darth Vader to Chans emperor…if Vader were a blind HT knob shiner and Chan was a boring and predictable Sidious.

InArt needs to ban him from having access to their show floor. He’s not going there in good faith. Only to complain and rant.

As much as I love the image of a Howard Chan squirming in his high chair…I don’t see that happening. Figure sales aren’t what they used to be, but I can’t imagine SSC having the b***s to tell Howie “yeah we’re selling InArt products, deal with” only because of HT current and future cash cow: Star Wars. UNLESS there’s something in their contract that binds the two companies since SSC had 1/6 productions rights at some point, either the license expired or SSC had a tight grip on it and allowed HT the license…provided they only go thru them as their distributor.

So I don’t know. I want to be optimistic at any chance of something or someone sticking it to Howard Chan. Pessimistically though, HT is far too big for any real change to happen…but I remain hopeful…
I just can’t imagine they’d turn down another company that they also are dealing with and, realistically, I feel like Howard owes a large portion of his global market *to* Sideshow’s distribution and not the other way around. He’s benefitted significantly from the Sideshow deal, to the point where some of those earlier releases like DX05 Indy and DX07 Luke were literally because Sideshow had those licenses and were willing to share. I don’t know whether or not it does happen, considering their longstanding relationship, but, if it did, I can’t imagine him being in a position to just take his toys and go home.

Back