EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be worse than being tortured by Gul Madred in Chain of Command.

There are FOUR lights . . . no . . . wait . . . there are FIVE lights . . . no . . . just turn the lights off please - I don't need to see him like that!

1696295872323.png

I think that’s part of EXO-6’s problem at times to be honest. They seem to find one reference picture to base their sculpts off of and sometimes they’re odd pictures like that and then they look goofy.

For me, Neelix was a shady guy - Ferrengi-lite, if you will - who turned into a total brown-noser for Janeway. Yes, Captain, anything you say, Captain. You're the best Captain. Mr Alien representative, these are the best people you'll ever meet. The perfect expression to me for Neelix would've been the slight smile with those Janeway-adoring look in his eyes.

Yeah, EXO continues to excel with alien figures, and I would likely pick up Neelix to round out the Voyager crew, but if they go with this expression and this attire I'll probably pass.

For me, Neelix was a shady guy - Ferrengi-lite, if you will - who turned into a total brown-noser for Janeway. Yes, Captain, anything you say, Captain. You're the best Captain. Mr Alien representative, these are the best people you'll ever meet. The perfect expression to me for Neelix would've been the slight smile with those Janeway-adoring look in his eyes.
Ethan Phillips has told people at conventions that he decided to play Neelix as being in love with Janeway, which is why he's so adoring.

Decided to order Tom Paris from Alter Ego Comics. Got it for $175. Almost passed but he’ll go good with Harry Kim. Maybe I’ll decide to get Torres too.

Hmmmm……. No comment on the Crawford review (I never put much stock in his opinion because if he likes the franchise/character/and especially the company, he’ll always find a way to rave), but I do enjoy his photography. And I must say I’m a little surprised. She’s still a solid release, but the photos from the review look a bit flat and the sculpt does not come off very expressive at all. It looks like a B’Elanna mannequin. I’m writing this off for now as less than inspired photography (also she’s never looking in the direction her pose or props would indicate). Shall see.

The good news seems to be that he is hinting that Torres will be ready to ship very soon, so that exciting!

I think this figure will be quite good in hand and I can’t wait to see what I can do with her in photography.

I feel like Crawford has gone pretty easy on all the EXO-6 releases personally.

I’ll probably end up getting Torres too. I’ll have a partial VOY crew. Missing Chakotay, Tuvok, and Seven. Not sure if I’ll get Neelix either based on the sculpt and outfit.

I feel like Crawford has gone pretty easy on all the EXO-6 releases personally.

I’ll probably end up getting Torres too. I’ll have a partial VOY crew. Missing Chakotay, Tuvok, and Seven. Not sure if I’ll get Neelix either based on the sculpt and outfit.
Agreed, he seems to almost exclusively give out 3.5 even on soft sculpts and paint apps. He should widen the scale, make it out of 10. A scale of 4 doesn’t leave much of a range.

I dunno, I reckon Torres looks great here. Much better than the first prototype pictures and for me, easily the best of the VOY releases. Admittedly, not a hard task tho …

Hmmmm……. No comment on the Crawford review (I never put much stock in his opinion because if he likes the franchise/character/and especially the company, he’ll always find a way to rave), but I do enjoy his photography. And I must say I’m a little surprised. She’s still a solid release, but the photos from the review look a bit flat and the sculpt does not come off very expressive at all. It looks like a B’Elanna mannequin. I’m writing this off for now as less than inspired photography (also she’s never looking in the direction her pose or props would indicate). Shall see.

The good news seems to be that he is hinting that Torres will be ready to ship very soon, so that exciting!

I think this figure will be quite good in hand and I can’t wait to see what I can do with her in photography.
Yeah that was my initial reaction as well. The sculpt seems even softer here than on the proto, which was already pretty darn soft.

Back