EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one payment to make on Ensign Kim because I did a payment plan with Collectorzown. Looking forward to getting the figure soon. Hopefully Locutus isn’t far behind.

Wow…I’ve been watching my email since late May when he was previewed but haven’t seen anything about him going up today. I wonder if we will get advance notice or if figures will start going up? Anyway, I got my order in and hoping to see B’Elanna soon. Thank you so much for posting he was up.

Aww wish I liked this more as Paris is my favourite Voyager character but something about those photos released just isn’t sitting well with me. But I guess we’ll see when the final product is released. Hopefully has better paint apps and details.

Hmmmm…..not awful I guess, but looks a bit cartoonish to my eye.

I know there is always a lot of pushback on 1/6 companies for the typical “blank stare” sculpts we often get, but if we only get one head sculpt for an action/adventure type of property, I’d say these “smirk” sculpts are worse. How would you display this Tom Paris (or Janeway for that matter) staring down Locutis or some other enemy realistically? The smirks might be ok for crew photos for the annual Starfleet Yearbook, but these expressions dramatically limit pose options ( at least in my opinion).

IMG_3270.png
IMG_3271.png

Last edited:
Paris is an odd sculpt. I sort of see the likeness but it looks a bit more like a caricature than hyper realistic which is how these figures are described by EXO-6.

Exactly.

The top leftmost photo on my post above incorporates some decent shadow which makes it look a bit better, but I guess we won't know for sure until we get some in hand shots. But that smirk choice is unfortunate.

In the bottom photo, he looks about nine years old! And the uniform riding up on him in the seated position is the finishing touch of the horror!

Yeah while I'm grateful we're getting more expressive sculpts that HT and other companies usually give us, I'm getting a little tired of this same slight grin/smirk on nearly every Trek figure, as if they're simply posing for a cast photo. And not actually engaging with their world in some way.

Last edited:
Seeing these two photos together really shows that the head sculpt actually comes quite close.

My only nits to pick on are the eyes appearing too dark and not bright blue and sculpt of the hair, which while close, just seems off to me, for some reason. I just hope that they are looking in the same direction, this time...

TP fig.jpg

TP.jpg

Back