EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This photos shows an angle that makes him look pretty good. I really think EXO-6 need to look at getting better photographers. Coz whoever they have at the moment is doing their figures no favours….

Attachments

• C8E0933D-A6F2-4B49-9392-9A970589692A.png
    C8E0933D-A6F2-4B49-9392-9A970589692A.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
That photo is arguably better, but MAN, it looks like this figure is a serious regression back to the Janeway tier of soft sculpts and Hasbro toy level paintups. I’ll reserve final judgment until I have him in hand (preordered a few minutes ago 😇) but I’m losing some confidence.

IMG_3275.jpeg

The photography is horrible. Why are the sculpts so shiny looking?

I feel like they are just rushing these Voyager figures to get them out of the way quickly. I know it isn't many Trek fan's favourite series, but it is the one that I got into as a teen, so it would be good to have some well done figures to represent it.

I know it’s blurred, but oof, that Neelix hair! One which might have benefited from being rooted.

Seeing these two photos together really shows that the head sculpt actually comes quite close.

My only nits to pick on are the eyes appearing too dark and not bright blue and sculpt of the hair, which while close, just seems off to me, for some reason. I just hope that they are looking in the same direction, this time...

View attachment 644755
View attachment 644757
Yeah, I’ve seen that picture and that does seem like what they referenced. From that comparison I can see the likeness but it still seems lacking in realism. I think the details are too soft and the paint apps aren’t helping.

Not impressed with Chakotay tbh. Just arrived today and that’s one for ebay most likely. I should have cancelled when I had the chance. The crossed eye is daft and looks nothing like the prototype they used for the bloomin’ promos and box art.

So has anyone tried popping the Sisko head and hands onto a Chakotay body to see how well that works for a S1-4 look? Really surprised I haven't seen that custom yet.
I was going to try exactly that, and the figures are far from me at the moment, but I believe Chakotay is a head neck combo and Sisko is head neck separate. That doesn't necessarily make it impossible, but harder than I wanted it to be...

I believe the neckless sculpt belongs to Sisko. Chakotay has a one-piece head/neck combo. So not knowing a ton about how EXO bodies work I'm reluctant to try to pry the separate neck off of Sisko and HOPE it fits Chakotay's ball joint in the torso.

That said, the figure that would have benefited from having a one-piece head/neck combo sculpt is Sisko! the seam on his bald is so obvious. I still love the figure, and I suppose I appreciate the greater articulation, but if they were going to use the head/neck one piece on ANY figure, why not Sisko? Chakotay would have been just fine with a separate head and neck due to the hairline in back. I think they got this choice backwards.

I received shipping notification about Harry yesterday—from that phot I am very happy to have this coming- the sculpt looks like a strong likeness!

Conundrum, conundrum: do I complete my Voyager collection with unacceptable head sculpts, hoping that someone in the future will produce better head sculpts (and probably cost the same cost as each figure or more), or do I just stop where I am?

Conundrum, conundrum: do I complete my Voyager collection with unacceptable head sculpts, hoping that someone in the future will produce better head sculpts (and probably cost the same cost as each figure or more), or do I just stop where I am?
I have to be fully behind something to lay down money otherwise if you feel something is mediocre it’s not to satisfy you in the end. These aren’t cheap.

That's also a pretty unimpressive photo based on the choices made by the photographer, so not sure if I'd base 100% of my opinion on that. I get the point, however. A few pages back I modeled my ideal Harry using photoshop and this still shows some of the weaknesses I saw myself in the promo photos. But as always, I'll reserve judgement until have him and can get my camera on him!

My initial comparison between the promo shot and what I was hoping for:

IMG_2844.jpeg

Back