EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my EMH today, and the details are impressive. I guess I never knew the suits from this series included stirrups, which is creating those clean lines in the legs. Great figure, great character, and great value. The head will definitely need a repaint, but other than that, good job. Is the clear plastic undertray beneath the black tray just there for support?

Just got Janeway today... and she's another winner from EXO-6. It's nice to be living in a 1/6th scale Renaissance time where so many of our pop culture icons and heroes are becoming high-end figures for display. I'm so happy that we get this time -- and opportunity -- to also collect 1/6th Star Trek along with many other franchise offerings from various companies. Years and years of good things to look forward to!

Why will EMH’s head need a repaint? What’s wrong with it?
I don’t think he really will. Some people just like to customize if they have the skill set. Sounds like some think he’s too tan. I think maybe he is a tad, but it’s not going to bother me based on what I’ve seen. I also don’t have the skills for a repaint.

B4C9F027-66EA-4F26-AAB8-132415A090E2.jpeg

Janeway has made her way home.
I really can’t take great pics, but trust me: this is another winning figure! It really looks great in hand.

Congrats on receiving Janeway. She is definitely one of those figures that looks significantly better in hand than in photos, specifically in regards to the head sculpt.

The EMH was transferred to the carrier on Dec. 30th. Nothing new since then.

Nice pic there. I must admit, trying to take a photo of this Janeway isn’t easy without making her head look incredibly bulbous, but you got it :D

Well I don’t think I’ll be getting my EMH any time soon. Hong Kong has banned all flights in from 8 countries including Australia. :/

Nice pic there. I must admit, trying to take a photo of this Janeway isn’t easy without making her head look incredibly bulbous, but you got it :D
Thanks! This shot was taken from further away and then cropped, which I think helped a bit with the proportions. She's definitely a tricky figure to photograph, but looks great in person.

Congrats on receiving Janeway. She is definitely one of those figures that looks significantly better in hand than in photos, specifically in regards to the head sculpt.

The EMH was transferred to the carrier on Dec. 30th. Nothing new since then.
Same as my Janeway, but on the 20th December. One tracking site says it is waiting for air space and others say 'flight departed'. No updates since the 20th Dec'

Received my EMH today (the one that the Shop app tells me is still in Vancouver)
A very nice figure once again, faultless tailoring, nice accessories and a well sculpted figure. The paint app is great too, my only nit is a small one. The eyes need a bit of that gloss stuff to give it the natural glaze/moisture look.
Aside from that its another quality figure from EXO-6

Why will EMH’s head need a repaint? What’s wrong with it?
looking at Davejames repaint of janeway earlier in this thread made me realize the sculpt on that figure actually is quite good, but the EXO-6 paint apps are sub par. I was mindful of this when I took EMH out of the box. The EMH sculpt is very good from most angles, but the flesh is flat. If you look at other companies, their paint apps have much more subtle color variations and detail

looking at Davejames repaint of janeway earlier in this thread made me realize the sculpt on that figure actually is quite good, but the EXO-6 paint apps are sub par. I was mindful of this when I took EMH out of the box. The EMH sculpt is very good from most angles, but the flesh is flat. If you look at other companies, their paint apps have much more subtle color variations and detail
That means we are the worst.

I'd love to see some pics of the EMH in the wild so we can all see what you're talking about :)

Personally - and I've dabbled with painting, and have figures from all sorts of 1/6 scale companies, EXO-6's are just as top notch as any others. I *might* decide to put a little more eyeshadow on Janeway like davejames did, but otherwise, I'm not seeing the complaint.

Of course, I'm still waiting on the holoprojector to boot up so that I can see the EMH for myself!

Your company's paint apps are easily on par with Hot Toys and blow away what QMX gave us.
I respectfully disagree. I have Kirk, Sulu and Spock. none of them have noticeably bad paint apps, or nothing that I wanted to change as soon as I opened the box.

Buried deep in the Snake Plissken thread, someone posted a before and after repaint of the SS sculpt which instantly transformed the figure. That is what I want to do for this figure, as I really love the character. Fresh out of the box, it gets a passing grade, but I want the quality of the paint to match the quality of the tailoring and accessories.

Back