EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess who am I to say, but there are a lot of good figure photographers out there. Is it that hard finding a better one?

Like what I did at QMx, we will refine anything that we can refine until the point of no return.

Speaking as a 1/6 Trek figure “lover,” i allow this EMH to stand next to my favorite Trek female figure Captain Janeway, and the rest and coming Trek figures.

Only you own eyes on the actual figures cam be the final verdict.

Not a perfect world so no perfect circumatance
The skin tones look decent, eyes are still oddly positioned. I believe the likeness is there but this one may need a repaint.
The color is actually seriously wrong because of Color Grading 😅 Very saturated because of the background used (EMH matched the color of the background, and not the other way around).

Since we have to move on to the next release, I am not bothering to correct it and we don't have a photographer who can do good photos, able to post figures, and know Trek well. Only 2 out of 3 are available. Since the issue can't be corrected with the time and circumstances constraints. We did the same thing with Data, Picard, Janeway. We can't stop, correct, and re-do.

EXO-6 is a small operation with slim margin but with highly effective and efficient production. We can maneuver around anything with the figures but we can't afford to stop or even slow down.

Objective is to produce quality Trek figures pairing with fast turnaround and cut off ALL nonessential expenditure to enable a Better than Usual pricing. I expected less than ideal marketing condition for us.

The above coincide with my fast releases. I believe only on hand comments can give the potential customers the needed confidence.

So, not to be blunt, those are comments that are more relevant to EXO-6's future.

This is why I said, collecting Trek figures won't be easy interms of Buy, not Buy, feel smart,.or feel regret.

I have everything covered and know what to expect.

Make a judgement call, Do NOT buy any Trek figures if you have doubts.

Trust your own observations and instinct, and make a wise and educated decisions.

Next Tuesday EMH goes on line. I will only give him 2 weeks or 10 days pre-sale time limit then we will move on.

I guess who am I to say, but there are a lot of good figure photographers out there. Is it that hard finding a better one?
Yes. Very hard. Non of the best figure photographers know Trek.... they can even put a tricorder upside down or point the TOS phaser at themselves....

Usually figures photographers like to collect figures too. Imagine you don't like Trek, what kind of photos can you produce. Remember most if not all are not Professional but Toy lovers with Photography skills. How much they like the figure can affect the end results greatly. We can't afford to pay 1000s of dollars instead of giving free figures with smaller amount of financial compensations.

I would advise you take feedback from collectors before putting a figure into production in future. The headsculpt is crucial and this one isn't making me rush to preorder like the others.

Check this out, War time uniform with a D background, and also received a lot of bad commenting because of the photos. I didn't even bother correcting any of the issues and move on because I had confidence with the figures, and I am sure those who purchased Picard would correct all the negative comments and create a even bigger attention in the market.

I am very consistent with my plans.

Rest assure and trust me, all this will build a better 1/6 Trek franchise with unmatch foundation that only HT and 3Zero were able to do.
mmexport1635523076781.jpg

I would advise you take feedback from collectors before putting a figure into production in future. The headsculpt is crucial and this one isn't making me rush to preorder like the others.
Sorry, that means terminating this franchise and destroy my dream. I will not do that until EXO-6 has the capability. We are not in that position yet. Minimal 10 more months before EXO-6 can do such a thing.

Slow down, then mind as well terminate this venture and minimize the financial lost. Failure will be unavoidable after 4 months.

Why no reasonable 1/6 producers like 3zero or HT ever touch Trek. 1/6 Trek is a highest risk, lowest return franchise. Look at mezco, they terminated Trek as soon as they could after 4-6 figures. I would too if I use conventional business rationale.

6 figures is about time for a 1/6 Trek figures operation to die under industrial norm operating model.

Last edited:
I am ready! The schedule you’ve been describing is ambitious and challenging and I am thrilled for it. I know momentum is important and I know that means a smaller production run for less popular figures, and the need to keep moving forward

I’m thrilled for the EMH and I’m excited for the whole crew! Honestly, I would prefer all of Voyager “good enough” and in hand within the next year and a half instead of waiting a decade in limbo for some attempt at “perfect,” while the license expires.

This really feels like the best and only chance most Trek fans are going to have at collecting 1/6th Trek for a long, long time. I definitely want to see you and EXO-6 cross that finish line and see people’s shelves filled with 1/6th Trek the same way we see Marvel and DC collectibles. Voyager, TNG, TOS, DS9, ENT, DIS, even maybe Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds!

I am ready! The schedule you’ve been describing is ambitious and challenging and I am thrilled for it. I know momentum is important and I know that means a smaller production run for less popular figures, and the need to keep moving forward

I’m thrilled for the EMH and I’m excited for the whole crew! Honestly, I would prefer all of Voyager “good enough” and in hand within the next year and a half instead of waiting a decade in limbo for some attempt at “perfect,” while the license expires.

This really feels like the best and only chance most Trek fans are going to have at collecting 1/6th Trek for a long, long time. I definitely want to see you and EXO-6 cross that finish line and see people’s shelves filled with 1/6th Trek the same way we see Marvel and DC collectibles. Voyager, TNG, TOS, DS9, ENT, DIS, even maybe Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds!
Exactly. EXO-6 has to lose its shield and enter the mine zone like Discovery did to reach Central.

I always tell people this,

The question of 1/6 Trek,

“is not how much time have, but how much time I have LEFT” to make this work.

The crew determine the success of this mission. I have to secure the well being of my production line like Captain Janeway protecting her crew. No one in my production can sit around during work time or at home without work. Their income must be guaranteed.

Winning wars is about speed. Prolong wars just going to dry you up. I have to raise a war with the 1/6 Wars. Have to act like Captain Sisko, bet my entire life into it and able to live with bringing the entire operation down with my decision. One way trip.

Seach around strange New Worlds with open mind like Captain Kirk, looking for incidental Characters that can satisfy our exploring nature of new Trek figures that no one has done before.

Manage the operation like Captain Picard, go by the books, uphold the prime directive by keeping 1/6 Trek survive.

**** with the suppliers to make sure we all function as a group assisting each other like Captain Archor ***** with the Vulcans.

A lot of fun is going on behind the scene for me, especially during difficult times 😁

These Trek figures don't come easy. I don't think this venture will ever happen again in this space time continuum.

Feedback is fine, but everyone sees something different. The design process would crawl, then so to the painting process and so on.
Based on all the information Nanjin has, 1/6th Trek would not survive at a slower pace.
I think one of the closest 1/6th franchises to compare to is Doctor Who Big Chief Studios figures. A small company, popular franchise, but nowhere near the level of SW & Marvel. They have had that license for almost a decade and still have 4 Doctors to make out of 13. Thats like us waiting a decade to see all the Captain's made plus a handful of other characters. Their production is often delayed, revised, delayed & revised again and still after all that, some collectors still complain about outfits, paint app & likeness.
What EXO-6 are doing is nothing short of miraculous...Scotty would be proud.

I always tell people this,

The question of 1/6 Trek,

“is not how much time have, but how much time I have LEFT” to make this work.

You have been upfront with that time-line and that is appreciated. Keep pumping the figures out. So far, there hasn't been a reason to doubt your navigation skills...

You have to continue traveling at warp speed. Dropping down to impulse speed will not only cause the obvious delay in reaching your destination but cause a warp core breach...

Hold your course and keep heading towards that "Second star to the right and straight on till morning."

Both Picard and Data ended up looking about 20% better in hand, so if the same holds true for the Doctor then I'll be more than happy.

And just changing the eye position to have him looking a bit more upward would probably make the expression work better and seem more natural.

Both Picard and Data ended up looking about 20% better in hand, so if the same holds true for the Doctor then I'll be more than happy.

And just changing the eye position to have him looking a bit more upward would probably make the expression work better and seem more natural.
Yes. The eyes are the problem with the figure. The head position and the focusing point of the eyes are ONE as a whole, treating them individually will yield a psychopath look that I mentioned (psychopath expressions have abnormal facial expression, that's why they look like psychos) like the picture.

Law of Diminishing Return, pushed too much and drop off at a cliff. We will back off from this to the original position.

The MAIN point, (from my perspective), if I do everything by the book, weeks will be months, months will be years.

I am sacrificing Maximum Profit for the sake of landing as many favorite Trek figures in the fans hands. I am not waiting for comments so I can squeeze every penny from you, and take 10 years to see an andorian.

I have confidence with the sculpt likeness. The weak link is paint up. I have to trust my painters, and I wouldn't show any head sculpts that cost me $400-500 to paint as an product sample.

EXO-6 can only rely on “doing the best we can till the last minute” attitude in every phase while continously self learning.

Well to be fair in several episodes of Voyager you can see that Robert Picardo has a off center eye. I think it’s his left one.

I don’t know what everyone is complaining about.

Nanjin is a Trek super fan, he’s, like all of us, does not want a inferior Trek product so he won’t make it if it looks bad.

As 1/6 collectors we all know in hand is ALWAYS better then pics on a computer screen.

Data and Picard both turned out amazing in hand. Far superior then their pictures.

I have full faith in Exo6. IMO they’ve already proven themselves.

You know, I’ve been rewatching Voyager in prep for these figures, and the Doctor does look down most of the time - head tilted back, eyes pointed down toward whomever he’s speaking to. I don’t think it’s really out of character.

I’m happy just to have the ability to have something. I’ll probably be disappointed at some point by NOT getting to order everything that comes out! I want to collect it all - full 5 year Mission!!
I have no doubt that Nanjin will come through with whatever he puts forward for us. EMH looks great and will look better in hand, no doubt.

You know, I’ve been rewatching Voyager in prep for these figures, and the Doctor does look down most of the time - head tilted back, eyes pointed down toward whomever he’s speaking to. I don’t think it’s really out of character.

That's true, but the head unfortunately isn't sculpted with the eyes looking down like that, and with the upper eyelids showing.

EMH_replacement_program.jpg

Back