EXO-6 Star Trek "The Wrath of Khan" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nanjin did say on his facebook last night that there would only be 5 TWOK figures, including Khan. This is disturbing to say the least
To allay my wife's fears that EXO-6 might be producing a lot of TWOK characters which I will be tempted to buy, I told her that Nanjin said there will only be 5 TWOK figures produced. First of all she said, "Who the hell is Nanjin?" And then she said, "Two is too many." And on and on it goes in our household. But love will keep us together, like the the Captain and Tennille always said.;)

Not that surprising. Pretty sure that’s always been the plan for The Wrath of Khan lineup. The plan wasn’t to get the full crew. Supposedly we’re getting the full crew in movie uniforms based off their appearances in The Undiscovered Country.
That's the crew I really want anyway, to use as bookends for the TOS crew. I just worry he may putter out and not make the full TUC crew. That's why I was gonna buy the TWOK crew, just in case. Thing about TWOK crew is you'd have to have Scotty in his radiation suit, and he already said he wasn't doing that.

Not that surprising. Pretty sure that’s always been the plan for The Wrath of Khan lineup. The plan wasn’t to get the full crew. Supposedly we’re getting the full crew in movie uniforms based off their appearances in The Undiscovered Country.
Yes he's always maintained that consistently. It's not really a new announcement. That doesn't automatically mean we won't get some surprise limited run immediate purchases but there's a lot of competition for those. Apart from Scotty in engineering suit, I am struggling to think of an iconic character from TWOK.

Yeah I can see an argument for a TWOK Scotty, but Uhura, Sulu and Checkov didn't do much more in that movie than say "Aye Captain" and push some buttons. So I'd much rather have the TUC versions of those characters.

Yeah I can see an argument for a TWOK Scotty, but Uhura, Sulu and Checkov didn't do much more in that movie than say "Aye Captain" and push some buttons. So I'd much rather have the TUC versions of those characters.

Chekov? He played a crucial role!

They put....creatures in our bodies.....made us do "tings".....say lies!

I know some are struggling with Saavik's price of $270, but considering the regular is $200 and the coat (and undisclosed extra accessories) are $70 more the markup might not be too bad. Is it? Parted out to customizers that coat would easily list for $70 alone, or perhaps $60 at the very least. I think the numbers work out close enough, so maybe it's just the psychological barrier of paying top price for a third-tier character figure.

For me, after the currency exchange this will be the first EXO-6 figure to come in over $400, which kind of stings, but I've been paying about $400-450 for most average Hot Toys (and other makers) figures over the past year. That cost seems to be the choice we made with this hobby. Most Hot Toys figures, like a Wolverine or Scarlet Witch, are retailing for $250-285 US now, so it's a question of whether EXO-6 can play in the same league.

Ok, I'm sorry. I’m absolutely over the moon to finally have Saavik preordered, but being QuiGon, I can’t help myself…

What minor sculpt tweaks might bring out Kirstie just a little move vividly?

Original:
IMG4458.jpeg

QuiGon’ed:
IMG4464.jpeg

Better? Worse? Shut the HELL up?

Ok, I'm sorry. I’m absolutely over the moon to finally have Saavik preordered, but being QuiGon, I can’t help myself…

Original:
IMG4458.jpeg

QuiGon’ed:
IMG4464.jpeg

If the mass produced figure look like the pre production figure, you should be happy.

How has the other figures compared to the actual production figure vs the pre production figures?

Yes he's always maintained that consistently. It's not really a new announcement. That doesn't automatically mean we won't get some surprise limited run immediate purchases but there's a lot of competition for those. Apart from Scotty in engineering suit, I am struggling to think of an iconic character from TWOK.
Yeah, they may not be iconic, but I'd prefer the WOK crew over TUC just cause they're all 10 years younger. Heh. But I'll take what I can get.

Yeah, they may not be iconic, but I'd prefer the WOK crew over TUC just cause they're all 10 years younger. Heh. But I'll take what I can get.
Yeah I prefer TMP then TWOK then TUC but with maybe a preference for TSFS Uhura and TUC Captain Sulu. But I think he's sensible to make a plan and stick with it for now.

Original:
IMG4458.jpeg

QuiGon’ed:
IMG4464.jpeg

That looks awesome. Along with punching up the makeup it looks like you narrowed the head as well?

Don’t mean to dominate the discussion with these digital edits, but here is my final render. The original EXO sculpt is quite strong, but what if the final production piece narrows the face slightly, accentuates her eyes and eyebrows a bit, and brings her ears slightly closer to her head?

This is from a post I found on Facebook:

IMG4506.jpeg

Last edited:
Don’t mean to dominate the discussion with these digital edits, but here is my final render. The original EXO sculpt is quite strong, but what if the final production piece narrows the face slightly, accentuates her eyes and eyebrows a bit, and brings her ears slightly closer to her head?

This is my final version/suggestion:

IMG4506.jpeg
So, narrower face and better paint. Saavik wasn't a priority for me, and I had already made the decision to pass. If I hadn't before, this image possibly would have made the decision for me.

This is my final version/suggestion:

IMG4506.jpeg
Excellent job, QuiGonFishing. I think Lt. Saavik is ready to have Vulcan/Romulan babies with Spock.

So will it be possible to have the jacket flap open on the regular version? I was surprised not to see any photos showing that, although I suppose it would risk creating an unsightly seam or unevenness in front...
No idea but I hope so, not for saavik but for Kirk. Hexwas always running around with his flaps open. It's how I remember him in both WOK and TUC.

So will it be possible to have the jacket flap open on the regular version? I was surprised not to see any photos showing that, although I suppose it would risk creating an unsightly seam or unevenness in front...

My guess is that since EXO is touting all of the metal parts that went into the TWOK uniform (I know this was mostly to do with the Regula One jacket, but one can hope) that the shoulder clasp may be functional (at least in some way, unlikely that it would work like the actual clasp on the 1:1 uniforms being so tiny).

I think the larger question is, will that uniform flap fold down and STAY down for the classic look everyone wants. I'd say that the chances of that are slim to none. The fabric looks far too thick and firm for that to work. There would have to be some sort of a Velcro or catch to hold the flap in place after you unclipped it from the shoulder for any chance of this working at all.

But the biggest piece of evidence that this open flap look is unlikely to be possible is that this option is not highlighted at all in any of the promo materials. I this were a feature of the uniform, they would definitely be showing it off. I at least hope that the uniform material is the proper color by division on the inside so that brave customizers (in other words not me) might at least have a chance of making this work.

But hey, there's always PhotoShop as a last resort 😇

Back