EXO-6 Star Trek "The Next Generation" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see your point but I understand Nanjin's plan of not releasing all of the key characters early on and then having the line(s) simply fizzle out. From a financial perspective, the current plan seems to work out for both EXO-6 and collectors. The Kirks, Spocks, Picards, etc., will always be the big sellers, regardless of when released. Providing some of these 2nd tier(?) figures early on shows us that the lines will go deeper than just the bridge crews, for example. Just my take.

As for "Q", the sculpt really manages to capture the cockiness, dangerous and whimsical nature of the character. Based on that one pic, it just may have supplanted "FC" Data as the best sculpt yet.
I get that too. I think to me it would make more sense to do someone from the crew, but not necessarily one of the core characters people want most.

Like for instance with TNG a lot of people probably want Picard, Data, and Worf so why not start with Geordi or Riker?

That or if they’re doing Q maybe a dual release of Q and someone else at the same time or shortly afterwards.

I know there’s a thought process that goes into this but it feels a little random. Whereas with Voyager for instance it seems more natural to get Janeway and then fill out the crew with EMH and Seven (soon).

Definite day one order for me. I would have preferred Q in his Star Fleet uniform (not sure why) but this is his iconic look so no way I can pass on it.

I'm liking the seemingly random character selection. Trek has failed several times in several different figure format with predictable character releases of Kirk, Picard, Spock..... LOTR also had a similar problem in some lines, Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf...then fizzled out
I really hope this different approach works out

Agreed. Although I wouldn't call it random exactly since these are still important, must-have characters in my book (and it does make some sense to start the TNG line out with Q, or the FC line with Data). But I am enjoying the more unpredictable nature of these announcements and getting to see some characters we've never had before in 1/6.

When this line starts in earnest I am all in. In terms of Q... Tempting, but I think I would want him in the Starfleet uniform. Still... Maybe.

This wasn't on my list of characters I planned to get. But darn it...it just looks beautiful. So congratulations, I will probably plan to get him after all. So far, I've only picked up Data.

Q in Starfleet uniform will be one of the easiest figures to develop. Already getting Judge Q version but would be tempted to get a Uniformed Q if the head sculpt is different. I will admit that I would definitely get a Mariachi Q just for the laughs.

Man, that looks phenomenal, but I think I'd almost prefer him in the mariachi outfit.
Re: from the general Trek thread
The Q'niverse identities should be it's own line of figures and outfits like Captain Action!
Q as Judge ✅
Q as Sheriff of Nottingham
Q as a French Marshal (Napolianic
Q as Mariachi
Q as Union Army captain
Q as US Armay officer
Q in Starfleet uniform
etc.
CaptainAction1-5.jpg

5y70qe.jpg

Last edited:
As iconic as Yesterday's Enterprise is, I'd actually prefer Yar in her Season 1 uniform since it would represent the original character we saw on TNG, and not just some alternate timeline version of her. Plus it would probably be our only chance at getting the S1 uniform in the collection.

Although I think Nanjin has said before that he's leaning more towards the Yesterday's Enterprise version, which is one I would obviously love to have as well.

As iconic as Yesterday's Enterprise is, I'd actually prefer Yar in her Season 1 uniform since it would represent the original character we saw on TNG, and not just some alternate timeline version of her. Plus it would probably be our only chance at getting the S1 uniform in the collection.

Although I think Nanjin has said before that he's leaning more towards the Yesterday's Enterprise version, which is one I would obviously love to have as well.
I'd definitely prefer season 1 as well as it's the "real" Tasha... and maybe a few other S1 figures as well (like babyface Riker) could make a nice mini-display. It's crazy to think how many figures we might end up with over the next few years. Feels like anything might be possible, which is pretty exciting.

Yeah I agree. I also low key love the S1-2 uniform, so unless Nanjin decides to throw in a Pulaski, Tasha will be the only chance to get it in 1/6 form.

Yeah, I would definitely say Yar belongs in her first season appearance for a figure. Not sure how deep to go on alternate looks but as mentioned you could do others from the first season to go with her. Riker without his beard, Worf and Geordi in their red uniforms, Wesley, etc.

Even more Q. From the PC game Borg. Medical officer Q, and Borg Q.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_1792 Dec. 18 21.37.jpg
    ScreenHunter_1792 Dec. 18 21.37.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 39
  • ScreenHunter_1793 Dec. 18 21.39.jpg
    ScreenHunter_1793 Dec. 18 21.39.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 39
First season versions of the crew are, for me, :monkey4

Not a fan of the uniforms (although I can understand the wanting to include a sample in the collection), Worf's hair-do, beardless Riker, Picard's demeanor, annoying Wesley, etc...

I can also understand having Tasha Yar from that season as the "real" Tasha.

I wouldn't be surprised if a number of these were part of those "limited edition" figures that Nanjin has teased about.

Although not my favorite versions of the crew, I would be hard-pressed to pass on them, regardless... :duh

Yeah, truthfully the first season outfits aren’t my favorite whatsoever. I’ve also never been able to get used Jonathan Frakes without a beard. He looks so off without it.

I would only want some first season characters if it meant getting someone like Tasha Yar, but I’m not sure if she’s worth it on her own. The version from Yesterday’s Enterprise could work, but that really isn’t representative of the character from the show necessarily.

Yeah the early uniforms weren't great and look painfully dated now, but I still have such a nostalgic love for the early seasons of TNG (which have a retro 80s charm that no other Trek series has), that I'd still love to have it represented somehow.

And for me S1 Worf is the only other besides Yar that I'd want, just because he looked so very different from how he ended up.

Back