EXO-6 Star Trek "Strange New Worlds" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Pike and Spock need to be on modern version of bodies like the one in the middle or to the left of it with the fixed neck.
1691085449277.png

Also you can see in the LV pic how awkward Spock looks with the attached neck. Who moves their whole head at the base of the neck? I wish 1/6 figures would drop the fixed neck. Really limits how things can be posed.

The uniforms certainly look like accurate 1:6 scale reproductions of the costumes on screen, but they look puffy and awkward at this size.

Sometimes I feel like Nanjin’s emphasis on uniform accuracy works against the figure. Don’t let the “accurate” be the enemy of the “good”.

I hope they are revising the heads on the female figures. I can kinda see the likeness to Jess Bush if I squint, but it's being carried by the hair and uniform.

I too think that Chapel's face sculpt is fantastic, but while the hair style looks accurate, I think the hair sculpt looks a little dated. Edited to add that it appears to be one rigid plastic piece instead of being made of several softer plastic strands. I'm thinking of Hot Toy's Ripley, for example. Perhaps it is just the paint apps that gives me that impression.

nurse-chapel-chapel sm.gif

I'm so looking forward to seeing davejames' re-hairing with Tibetan lamb's wool... :wink1:

I too think that Chapel's face sculpt is fantastic, but while the hair style looks accurate, I think the hair sculpt looks a little dated. Edited to add that it appears to be one rigid plastic piece instead of being made of several softer plastic strands. I'm thinking of Hot Toy's Ripley, for example. Perhaps it is just the paint apps that gives me that impression.

View attachment 657565

I'm so looking forward to seeing davejames' re-hairing with Tibetan lamb's wool... :wink1:
Well I do have plenty of white hair left over from Doc...

Back