EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took Sisco, Janeway and Judge Q to my comic shop for trade in today. Still on the fence with Seven. I'm keeping TMP Kirk and Spock.

Going forward I'll just get all the various Kirk and Spock releases. Some TNG, SNW and Picard.

Ive just lost steam on the line with the lack of preorders and what has come out lately looks bland.
What kind of return did you get for them?

No, I'm thinking of getting rid of my EXO-6 collection so far. It feels crap giving money to such a person.
Bye…

1687488438717.gif

Well, I guess it would not be prudent to draw any conclusions from one purposefully shadowed photo, but I thought the portions I could make out looked very promising. But that could definitely be misleading.
:LOL: It was like he used the Jedi mind trick on you!
You: This Figure is AMAZING!
Him: Not so much…
You: on second thought…maybe I’m due for an eye exam.

Pretty funny!

I don’t discount that EXO-6 has gotten a fair amount of figures to us, but the concerning part is the supposed “five year mission” aspect.

We’re two and an half years in and look how many figures we should still be getting if we’re going to get the full crews for all the shows.

Either we’re going to get so many it’ll be impossible to keep up or things aren’t going quite as planned and are slowing down. It’s odd to me that in half the year we’ve only gotten two pre-orders.

Last edited:
Regardless of how production's going, Nanjin is still constantly dropping teases and talking about the many many figures he wants to make, so I'm not really that concerned about the 5 year time limit anymore. As he sounds pretty committed to this and wants to see these figures get made as much as the rest of us.

I don’t discount that EXO-6 has gotten a fair amount of figures to us, but the concerning part is the supposed “five year mission” aspect.

We’re two and an half years in and look how many figures we should still be getting if we’re going to get the full crews for all the shows.

Either we’re going to get so many it’ll be impossible to keep up or things aren’t going quite as planned and are slowing down. It’s odd to me that in half the year we’ve only gotten two pre-orders.
Anybody who thought that was a possibility was nuts. The assumption was he was going to be choosy but he's gone far deeper and broader than expected. The commentary here is symptomatic of the reasons why this was always a gamble. Many people non-plussed about second tier characters, waiting for their grail characters, complaining in the meantime.

He's definitely taking a leaf out of Spock's book, "I implied" and it now looks like the 5 years thing was his own personal journey, hoping to give the line momentum to carry on. That did not work well at QMX. He may well change his mind. if he can get DS9 done then I think TOS, TNG, and the movies have enough to self sustain but it still needs EXO-6 to stay on board so it is not surprising that he prefers to tune out too much negativity.

According to my order history, Exo-6 had live orders for at least 11 figures from June 24, 2022 to June 24 2023.

7 of those have been delivered so far.

Pretty good track record so far, to me at least.
So, that would put nine (9) figure preorders in the first six months of that period and only two (2) in the last six months of that period. That would seem to be quite the slow down. I can understand why some would be disappointed. And one would wonder why, as we get further away from any pandemic impediment things would slow down rather than speed up. Especially with such a verve for “Warp Speed” by the Captain.

I think we know who Nanjin's biggest followers on Facebook are now.
This is the only thread I have people muted. There's one in particular who loves to make themselves feel better by attacking others directly and personally for their opinions (even though they've had multiple posts deleted, they never get the hint :lol ). Don't see that much toxicity in other threads I frequent. They all seem to be allowed their opinions, as this is a forum for them, duh, and don't belittle others. Ignore and move on. Life is short.

I also think there's plenty of time left in Nanjin's 5-year mission statement/promise. He's teased so much.

There is still a lot of positivity here. "Negativity" is really a mix of honest figure critique and bewilderment at N's modus operandi.🖖

If this isn't just a quote I don't recognize, it sounds like they're just waiting on approvals from the licensor to put stuff up for pre-order.

Still, though. Only 2 pre-orders in the past 6 months is kinda lousy after going to Nanjin's page and repeatedly reading about warp speed this, warp speed that, along with the barbs over the past 6 months.

There is still a lot of positivity here. "Negativity" is really a mix of honest figure critique and bewilderment at N's modus operandi.🖖
There is quite a bit, yes, but I don't agree with your statement about negativity being confined to those two areas. It doesn't take much to see there's at least two who regularly dig at other members because their opinions don't align, and I'm told they still do. Anyway, that's what muting was invented for. I've put it to great use. Now I see mostly constructive criticism about the figures, as it should be.

Honestly, it suits me. I simply can’t afford to keep going and if these were as regular as one a month I’d be done for. I’m less bothered by these delays, as I don’t take anything Exo says as gospel anymore, and would rather have high quality products. The trouble is, these long delays haven’t proven that this is the case in any way.

I just don’t think the teases are exciting any more and they blew their load on the first contact figures. I’ll just cross my fingers and hope things get better.

Back