EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sits and quietly dreams of this guy

View attachment 537696
Lorca was actually my favorite character on Discovery. I was upset when he turned out to be a bad guy.
I might actually get a figure of this! The only other Discovery characters I really care for are Pike and maybe Tilly.
Edit: I like Ash Tyler too when they aren't focused on the Klingon stuff.

Interesting thought this gave me, is there a chance he'll do Picard again later in more traditional, Next Gen costuming? I know QMx had theirs but this new sculpt makes the old one totally irrelevant, IMO.

I am positive he will. But he is putting some “space” between the QMx releases and his. I believe that is partly why we got these FC versions so early.

A first look photo of S4. I need to see more of the new uniforms. One big thing that turns me off to the idea of collecting Disco has been the weird uniforms they‘ve had. Never felt they looked like Trek at all. These… these could work.

Attachments

• 1D48B127-DE44-4689-8BC6-B72710EA2564.jpeg
    1D48B127-DE44-4689-8BC6-B72710EA2564.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 46
Is this the new Playmates? Love to have a chat with the person responsible for.trek. View attachment 537718
Sorry Nanjin. I thought I put a comment on there. I was being a smart-ass referring to the comment about there being a good Kirk in the last so many years. It's an upcoming 14-in mego line. I was just searching around for Star Trek wanting to spend some money on TOS. But I couldn't you set the bar too high. I got a kick out of Kirk's ultra ripped Rambo abs.

Sorry Nanjin. I thought I put a comment on there. I was being a smart-ass referring to the comment about there being a good Kirk in the last so many years. It's an upcoming 14-in mego line. I was just searching around for Star Trek wanting to spend some money on TOS. But I couldn't you set the bar too high. I got a kick out of Kirk's ultra ripped Rambo abs.
Is Mego's? Then I am really interested in Playmates version.

I am positive he will. But he is putting some “space” between the QMx releases and his. I believe that is partly why we got these FC versions so early.
FB_IMG_1631200607746.jpg

2 outfits with options to choose Set Accurate or Simulated Screen color.

TNG Picard is a “stylized” Picard. Likeness is shooting for prior to Locutus, the time when Picard was still the poster boy for Starfleet when he was at the top of Starfleet or the universe (he was practically raped by the Borg). But the leisure outfit was introduced after Locutus incident by the request by Mr Stewart. Picard wanted his individuality back because he lost it to the borg and it was one year after the Best of Both Worlds.

That's why I said Stylized. Prior Locutus is what we are shooting for but throw in the Leisure Jacket to make him more distinguishable and unique enough to stand on his own. FC Picard did everything that he told people not to do. The dark side of Picard emerged because of his terrible experience as Locutus (he remembered every kill that he did at Wolf 359)

Poster Boy TNG Picard will give FC Picard another level of appreciation. FC Picard has nothing to compare (except in craftsmanship with QMx version). But when Poster Boy confidence expression is availablrle, FC Picard will show his uniqueness even more because of the drastic differences (no tall to compare, there will be no short people)

With TNG Poster Boy Picard, adding a Redemption Picard figure in to the mix, then a complete story of Captain Picard can be seen from the figures.

Of course, we will need one more Picard in order to truely tell the entire story of Picard. Not mentioning the name, but we all know this is a villain that every TNG 1/6 collector dreamed of.

I sew the proto the other day. Amazingly beautiful (I am subjective, so don't listen to me but judge for yourself). Due to my production speed, we will again move really fast. TNG fans missing this figure will be worst experience and will be a true regretful experience. Don't let this happen if you are a TNG fan.

Lorca was actually my favorite character on Discovery. I was upset when he turned out to be a bad guy.
Sits and quietly dreams of this guy
pervyj-kadr-iz-seriala-star-trek-discovery_1-jpg.537696

View attachment 537696
I'de consider a Captain Lorca figure.
Maybe at some point they might reveal the prime Lorca somehow survived, and has been fighting in the mirror verse?

(All sculpts in picture has been revised with huge improvements)
(All sculpts in picture has been revised with huge improvements)
ATTACH=full]537703[/ATTACH]
Hmm, no uniform associated with the Lorca sculpt. Are you considering Prime or Mirror universe uniform for him?

Last edited:
I think older Treks will sell themselves to their respective fans. You can sequentially release crews and people will buy them. But I think each new Trek will require their own different marketing strategies.

For rough examples of one of many possibilities:

ST Picard will move some units based on a certain love for characters. I think a release of 1) Old Picard 2) Most popular new character, maybe Rio, 2) Ranger 7 of 9 will leverage different people to get fans hooked on the line. Make many nostalgia plays early on mixed with new characters.

Discovery is the most difficult. It has fewer marketing ‘hooks.’ It has more pushback than acceptance from fandom. However I think we‘ve established that a Michelle Yeoh early on will be very helpful. Yeoh will sell Burnham which will sell Saru which will sell Jason Isaacs as different collectors ask ‘what will make this shelf look good?’

I think some risks should be taken with Strange New Worlds. Hot Toys just pre-sold a ton of a relaunch of Back to the Future by having 600 Marty McFly ready to go at their store Toy Sapiens in Japan. They are making others by pre-order, but FOMO ordering hit the community hard. I think EXO-6 should get Paramount to back a move to go hard with SNW on release. Make a promotional commercial for EXO-6 museum quality collectibles to auto play on P+ after episode 1. Have a pre-order date within days of ep-1. Have X many units of Captain series Christopher Pike ready to sell and ship immediately from EXO-6 headquarters with pre-orders being taken for additional units on later delivery. Have at least three SNW figures ready for pre-order phases on start, at the midpoint, and at the conclusion of S1. Part of 1/6 sales is the hype, and nothing awakens that hype beast like a new and successful show. Plan and be ready for success. Have different trek to take those second and third pre-order windows on standby if the season flops.

I know nanjin doesn‘t need my help. I see his marketing genius in the selection of First Contact. He sold Data and Picard in ‘alternate’ appearances by providing a cohesive ‘shelf‘ for the collector. I see he is properly building up his company’s production and reputation. I can respect that it is too early to announce 1/6 TOS today, that you don’t want to overwhelm new production lines or undersell your best product because you’re too new.

But I am throwing out there that I am considering the possibilities and excitement of new product. I fear my earlier comments yesterday were taken more as a ‘piling on’ against the new stuff. I was not meaning to do that. I was more intending to recognize and acknowledge the difficulty of dealing with the new stuff. And voice excitement to see how EXO-6 meets the challenge. And I am watching with popcorn to see if anyone learns from the mistakes of Star Wars.
I have this assumption, 80% or more of the sales will be Classic Trek fans (STEnterprise and before) 20% or less will be from New New Trek.

Among the Classic Trek fans, 80% sales will be from TOS and TNG, 20% from the rest. I am already wrong. Just Janeway already covered 15%, which means the market for Non TOS and TNG is a lot bigger than my anticipation. Note, I haven't start my marketing yet. So I would assume I am looking at a 250% bigger market than I thought one year ago.

Prior release of TOS and TOS Khan gave me a peek of the total size of TOS customers (at that time without marketing or building the platform). I don't even need to worry about this group. All I need to focus is to maximize the number of the total population than the business model will grow exponentailly (and temptation and pressure to leave Trek starts). I am preparing myself to face this worst nightmare for 1/6 Trek. I will have no way to avoid considering leaving Trek behind when I enter this stage. The greatest fear for 1/6 Trek. You guys know how determine I can be, and I am practically fearless. I do fear this stage. I will stop all progress when I am hit this stage. That will be the limit of 1/6 Trek. Going further will be extremely dangerous for 1/6 Trek existence.

You guys better pray no studios approach us. The prior version ofTOS attracted DC Lynda Wonderwan and Marvel Sony Playstation Spiderman.

Oooh a Darmok uniform for a TNG Picard, nice choice! I have the Geometric kit in this style, so it'll be cool to see him as a figure. Promo pics will be worth seeing! Troi in the grey suit would go nicely with that.

Yes, both TOS TNG main characters will finish within 2 years. Unless I am forced to deviate from Trek and pick up other licenses. Then I can't guarantee because that means I have to function as a 1/6 company and NOT a 1/6 Star Trek company. That's the worst case scenario because i have absolutely zero knowledge in running a 1/6 company.

Is going to be quick. All series happen simultaneously and independent to each other, including Iconic characters, they too have their own scheduling.

You are partially right, TOS is going be like a war zone. Figures competing with figures. Regrets and Joy of a Life-Time will zoom past us in warp speed across the entire trekverse in the next 4 years.

Freeze the time by collecting the figures that can give you a smile.

...and for an end of the 5 years mission,

“It is a reminder to me that all things end”​

Captain Spock, USS Enterprise A, Stardate: 9521.6
Thank you for your explanation, Nanjin. So basically each series has it's own time-table and will overlap the others. It is almost as if each series was it's own little company. That explains your previous mentioning of "Trek vs Trek" very well. That also alleviates my fears of having some cool characters missed.

A first look photo of S4. I need to see more of the new uniforms. One big thing that turns me off to the idea of collecting Disco has been the weird uniforms they‘ve had. Never felt they looked like Trek at all. These… these could work.
I'm not a Discovery fan, but I do like how their blue and gold uniforms feel like an evolution of the Enterprise jumpsuits.

I'm only getting EXO-6 figures that are based on series and movies where there is at least a semblance of respect for the natural laws of physics as they are represented in the show, characters that have a believable level of competence to be in Starfleet, and a positive outlook on the future as opposed to a virtue-signaling/gaslighting/preachy/nihilistic/dark view of the future.

I'm only getting EXO-6 figures that are based on series and movies where there is at least a semblance of respect for the natural laws of physics as they are represented in the show, characters that have a believable level of competence to be in Starfleet, and a positive outlook on the future as opposed to a virtue-signaling/gaslighting/preachy/nihilistic/dark view of the future.
Ok … so who doesn’t make the acceptable list? Curious.

I'm not a Discovery fan, but I do like how their blue and gold uniforms feel like an evolution of the Enterprise jumpsuits.
Yeah I would prefer the blue uniforms as well since they feel so uniquely DSC by now. The new ones might grow on me over time, but right now seem a little too "generic scifi" for my taste.

Let`s give Discovery figures a chance. What if the fans are waiting. Nanjin haven`t believed he will need a big quantity of Janeway and look, what has happened. Let`s may be be kinder and more careful with words?

Theres really nothing to “give a chance” . 🤷‍♂️ You either like the show and figure and watch and purchase or you pass on it. Its Nanjin’s party and he has his reasons for planning it the way he sees fit.

Those discovery sculpts a couple pages back look amazing. May not be passing on them as I originally planned.

I have this assumption, 80% or more of the sales will be Classic Trek fans (STEnterprise and before) 20% or less will be from New New Trek.

Among the Classic Trek fans, 80% sales will be from TOS and TNG, 20% from the rest. I am already wrong. Just Janeway already covered 15%, which means the market for Non TOS and TNG is a lot bigger than my anticipation. Note, I haven't start my marketing yet. So I would assume I am looking at a 250% bigger market than I thought one year ago.

Prior release of TOS and TOS Khan gave me a peek of the total size of TOS customers (at that time without marketing or building the platform). I don't even need to worry about this group. All I need to focus is to maximize the number of the total population than the business model will grow exponentailly (and temptation and pressure to leave Trek starts). I am preparing myself to face this worst nightmare for 1/6 Trek. I will have no way to avoid considering leaving Trek behind when I enter this stage. The greatest fear for 1/6 Trek. You guys know how determine I can be, and I am practically fearless. I do fear this stage. I will stop all progress when I am hit this stage. That will be the limit of 1/6 Trek. Going further will be extremely dangerous for 1/6 Trek existence.

You guys better pray no studios approach us. The prior version ofTOS attracted DC Lynda Wonderwan and Marvel Sony Playstation Spiderman.
Please do a Lynda Carter wonder woman, you need to do it justice. I'll give you the money right now 😅

Back