EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you weren't a fan of ST2:WoK? Much like Star Wars' 2nd movie, it's obviously widely considered the best of the entire franchise.

No, I was sooo not a fan)) I resented it, because it ruined a beautiful conclusion of the TOS "Space Seed" episode. The ending of the episode had an elegant solution to a problem, a perfect place for Khan to be who he is and yet to do something good, not be a villain, but a builder, a creator. It was so positive, so hopeful. The idea, that no matter what you are you can have a place in the world, other than conquer and destroy. The way Kirk and Khan looked at each other in the end, the understanding, agreement and respect, IDK... And then that movie came, needing to save the day after the fiasco of the TMP, needing bang, and impress, and give some starwarish dramatics to move people. And out the window this beautiful story went. Because they needed a charismatic villain. So Kirk`s clever and wise plan was ruined, spase seed has never grown into a new world, Khan went bitter, angry and all his talents, all his tremendous potential was turned to vengence. And the story became about just "**** happens, people get crazy, kill them, that`s all there is to do". How boring. How unTrek-like. Gene Roddenberry has created Trek, trying to give an alternative to all the other science fiction of that period, that ended with "just kill them". To show, that there are other ways, better ways. And here that movie comes. Just back to the square 1.

I know this movie has a lot of fans. I`ve just added an opinion to the butch. Because of the general discussion of likes and dislikes in Trek))

Well, we can go deep into any Trek even KTL except LD and Prodigy as long as there are enough fans to support it.

All sail boats are built, just waiting for the wind to blow.

(All sculpts in picture has been revised with huge improvements)
View attachment 537703

You are killing me!! I want all of them! Except, may be, Michael:cool:

I believe Jason Isaacs has only been made in 1/6 figure form by the crappy Star Ace Harry Potter figure. I have not seen Disco, as a good friend of mine who has and has like tastes and has described a crapfest, but I also would be "mildly" interested in this .. even considering what happens to the character later.

That Lucius Malfoy from Star Ace is a true stuff of nightmares. I`ve seen him in hand. It is a horror.

Is the figure tease from Discovery?

I wanna say that's Saru, but the only thing I can remember that is that color is Tilly's hair.

Yes, it is that hard. I will say the difficulties are way more and a lot more difficult then you can ever imagine. (First take care of this problem, 1/6 Trek has no volume and production support in the entire industry)

I am not kidding. Is 2021, 55 years, have you seen any easily done good Kirk beside my creation 5 years ago?

Attachments

• kirk14-696x695~2.jpg
    kirk14-696x695~2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 75
Is the figure tease from Discovery?

I wanna say that's Saru, but the only thing I can remember that is that color is Tilly's hair.
The tease is only the first picture with Discovery logo. The second picture is a part of Janeway`s promo, that got attached by accident.

While these Discovery figures will provide a break for me, I'm happy for those that are looking forward to them. Gotta feed the entire Trek family.

My only concern is that with the supposed "5 year mission" time-frame, these figures may take up a slot from a more popular series of figures and we risk missing out on them. I know that most likely the entire TOS and TNG crews will be released but it would be quite disappointing if we don't get, say, a TOS Klingon or Gowron from TNG or perhaps a variation of a main character simply because the mission ended...

Well it's not a trailer exactly, but this was still pretty damn cool. As expected the uniforms are very different, but probably a bit closer now to the Cage uniforms which didn't have the black collar.

Last edited:
While these Discovery figures will provide a break for me, I'm happy for those that are looking forward to them. Gotta feed the entire Trek family.

My only concern is that with the supposed "5 year mission" time-frame, these figures may take up a slot from a more popular series of figures and we risk missing out on them. I know that most likely the entire TOS and TNG crews will be released but it would be quite disappointing if we don't get, say, a TOS Klingon or Gowron from TNG or perhaps a variation of a main character simply because the mission ended...
Yes, both TOS TNG main characters will finish within 2 years. Unless I am forced to deviate from Trek and pick up other licenses. Then I can't guarantee because that means I have to function as a 1/6 company and NOT a 1/6 Star Trek company. That's the worst case scenario because i have absolutely zero knowledge in running a 1/6 company.

Is going to be quick. All series happen simultaneously and independent to each other, including Iconic characters, they too have their own scheduling.

You are partially right, TOS is going be like a war zone. Figures competing with figures. Regrets and Joy of a Life-Time will zoom past us in warp speed across the entire trekverse in the next 4 years.

Freeze the time by collecting the figures that can give you a smile.

...and for an end of the 5 years mission,

“It is a reminder to me that all things end”​

Captain Spock, USS Enterprise A, Stardate: 9521.6

Last edited:
Discovery is ****. There I said it.

I would have been far happier with Kelvin Timeline figures confirmed.
I agree with you. But I would get a Saru figure because his character design is great, and I think Doug Jones is an iconic actor for his creature creations on many movies. Other than him, nope.

Well it's not a trailer exactly, but this was still pretty damn cool. As expected the uniforms are very different, but probably a bit closer now to the Cage uniforms which didn't have the black collar.

Wow... I love where this is going. If the stories can resonate with intelligence, thought-provoking concepts and characters we love and relate to -- which seems to be the case -- I will be happy to watch. Exciting. I love the homage to The Cage uniform look. Nice touch.

I will look at everything. Love for the character is not the only reason I get a figure. There are some figures I bought, because they were amazing on their own. And there are some figures I didn`t buy, even if I loved the character, because I hated the sculpt, or how they are generally done. Some figures I want to have simply because they are beautiful, like works of art. Does anyone else do that?
I do the same thing. I bought a Hot Toys figure of Kylo Ren from TLJ in spite of the fact I hated that movie and will never see it again in my lifetime. I like Adam Driver as an actor which helped, but the main reason I picked it up was the figure is amazing. It's art.

Yeah there are other figures I would have rather seen first, but I still enjoy DSC so will likely pick up anything they make. Especially if it's an Empress Georgiou like Nanjin's post suggests. No way I could resist having a Michelle Yeoh figure!
Oh mi gawd, a Michelle Yeoh figure would be so incredible. There's some DISCO characters I might pick up, but Georgiou is at the top of my list. I felt like Prime Georgiou was the new Captain I always wanted, and then by episode 2, I was :(

Although new trek isn't my personal taste, I'm not so salty as to deny other fans their trek. Plus, even though the plot wasn't for me, there are still great characters, like Saru, and it would make sense for a decorated Captain, but still...Georgiou can also fit in that role.

The Strange New Worlds looks very cool. I'm not a fan of Peck's Spock but otherwise looks interesting.

Last edited:
Oh mi gawd, a Michelle Yeoh figure would be so incredible. There's some DISCO characters I might pick up, but Georgiou is at the top of my list. I felt like Prime Georgiou was the new Captain I always wanted, and then by episode 2, I was :(

Although new trek isn't my personal taste, I'm not so salty as to deny other fans their trek. Plus, even though the plot wasn't for me, there are still great characters, like Saru, and it would make sense for a decorated Captain, but still...Georgiou can also fit in that role.

The Strange New Worlds looks very cool. I'm not a fan of Peck's Spock but otherwise looks interesting.
Emperor Georgiou will be a figure to behold. She will be a an electrifying eye candy.

(Gold is terrible color, but can catch attention)

Is this the new Playmates? Love to have a chat with the person responsible for.trek. View attachment 537718
The head and general shape of the body kinda makes me think of what I Lt Kirk of the Farragut would look like - no facial wrinkles, a cut and slimmet body with very little fat. 30s and 40s age Kirk like we see him in TOS... a little pudge, but still in shape.

I think older Treks will sell themselves to their respective fans. You can sequentially release crews and people will buy them. But I think each new Trek will require their own different marketing strategies.

For rough examples of one of many possibilities:

ST Picard will move some units based on a certain love for characters. I think a release of 1) Old Picard 2) Most popular new character, maybe Rio, 2) Ranger 7 of 9 will leverage different people to get fans hooked on the line. Make many nostalgia plays early on mixed with new characters.

Discovery is the most difficult. It has fewer marketing ‘hooks.’ It has more pushback than acceptance from fandom. However I think we‘ve established that a Michelle Yeoh early on will be very helpful. Yeoh will sell Burnham which will sell Saru which will sell Jason Isaacs as different collectors ask ‘what will make this shelf look good?’

I think some risks should be taken with Strange New Worlds. Hot Toys just pre-sold a ton of a relaunch of Back to the Future by having 600 Marty McFly ready to go at their store Toy Sapiens in Japan. They are making others by pre-order, but FOMO ordering hit the community hard. I think EXO-6 should get Paramount to back a move to go hard with SNW on release. Make a promotional commercial for EXO-6 museum quality collectibles to auto play on P+ after episode 1. Have a pre-order date within days of ep-1. Have X many units of Captain series Christopher Pike ready to sell and ship immediately from EXO-6 headquarters with pre-orders being taken for additional units on later delivery. Have at least three SNW figures ready for pre-order phases on start, at the midpoint, and at the conclusion of S1. Part of 1/6 sales is the hype, and nothing awakens that hype beast like a new and successful show. Plan and be ready for success. Have different trek to take those second and third pre-order windows on standby if the season flops.

I know nanjin doesn‘t need my help. I see his marketing genius in the selection of First Contact. He sold Data and Picard in ‘alternate’ appearances by providing a cohesive ‘shelf‘ for the collector. I see he is properly building up his company’s production and reputation. I can respect that it is too early to announce 1/6 TOS today, that you don’t want to overwhelm new production lines or undersell your best product because you’re too new.

But I am throwing out there that I am considering the possibilities and excitement of new product. I fear my earlier comments yesterday were taken more as a ‘piling on’ against the new stuff. I was not meaning to do that. I was more intending to recognize and acknowledge the difficulty of dealing with the new stuff. And voice excitement to see how EXO-6 meets the challenge. And I am watching with popcorn to see if anyone learns from the mistakes of Star Wars.

I know nanjin doesn‘t need my help. I see his marketing genius in the selection of First Contact. He sold Data and Picard in ‘alternate’ appearances by providing a cohesive ‘shelf‘ for the collector.
Interesting thought this gave me, is there a chance he'll do Picard again later in more traditional, Next Gen costuming? I know QMx had theirs but this new sculpt makes the old one totally irrelevant, IMO.

Back