EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you should consider another restaurant 😁

This is a Restaurant of Creations., not Wendy's, not Ruth Steak House, and surely not Denny's which can serve hundreds at the same time; no T-Bone steaks, no hamburger, no salt and pepper on the table, no 2 eggs sunny side up.

This restaurant serves dishes that won't exist ever after or in another restaurant even in the future. Each dish is specially prepared for the audiences sitting in front of the chef. The audiences might even have to leave the restaurant with a hungry stomach.

This restaurant is not here to satisfy what YOU “NEED” but what YOU as a Trek fan WANT.

The restaurant is not here to take care of your hunger or but an entire Kitchen of Staffs are here to Satisfy your Taste.

If you are just hungry or just like visual presentations or atmospheric environments, then Denny's or that classy restaurant might fit your “need” better.

I am becoming metaphoric again 😊 Because everyone is reacting as they should be. Our approach is correct.

In human language, “You build YOUR own 1/6 Trek collection as you like.” instead of traditional Trek merchandise, waiting in line for an unknown “possibility” to have one.
No idea what any of that means.

Would it have been so hard to show Jim Kirk today?

I'll say it again because it's true:

Discovery is 💩💩💩💩💩

No idea what any of that means.

Would it have been so hard to show Jim Kirk today?

I'll say it again because it's true:

Discovery is 💩💩💩💩💩
Yes, it is that hard. I will say the difficulties are way more and a lot more difficult then you can ever imagine. (First take care of this problem, 1/6 Trek has no volume and production support in the entire industry)

I am not kidding. Is 2021, 55 years, have you seen any easily done good Kirk beside my creation 5 years ago?

I enjoy some Disco. It’s not my favorite, but I do not understand the passionate hatred of some others.

I’m down for Captain Michelle Yeoh from the pilot, Saru, Dr Culber, and Airiam (the cyborg).

I assume we’ll get new Pike and Spock in their own line.

Sits and quietly dreams of this guy

pervyj-kadr-iz-seriala-star-trek-discovery_1.jpg

I enjoy some Disco. It’s not my favorite, but I do not understand the passionate hatred of some others.

I’m down for Captain Michelle Yeoh from the pilot, Saru, Dr Culber, and Airiam (the cyborg).

If no hatred, that's not Trek Culture. Is common. This is why I rather separate the treads as we move on. For 30 years, Trek fan base in any platform will become hostile to the disliked Trek. I don't see this phenomenon can be different in 1/6. Each Trek needs their own turf in order to have Galactic peace.

These figures are made for their very specific fan group. One's trash might be someone else's precious.

Yeah I don't get it either. There have been plenty of shows or movies over the years that I found to be bad or disappointing, but nothing that I "hated with a passion" and got completely outraged over. Guess I'm just too easy to please or something. Lol

You know... I actually had quite similar thoughts, as you. Was quietly disappointed with both first and second announcements. Love the character of Data, but quite disgusted by all the Borg patch-work theme. Love the character of Picard, but found the sculpt off and to angry for my liking. Of all the choices Trek has to offer.. ugh! But I got Data, because who knew if there ever be another one. And got Picard, as an accessory to that Data (yeah). And you know, what? Love them both SO MUCH! Data is awesome, creepy sculpt included. And that accessory guy with an off sculpt? I can`t put him down. And love his expression the most, because it shows such pain and determination, I get chills every time I look him in the eye. Both figures come so close to embodying the feel of the particular movie, it has me in awe. Life is strange. Who knew two "meh" announcements will turn into so much joy?

To me FC Data as a first figure seemed like a really bold move to test the water, since I never realised it was such a popular film. I've never been able to take the film seriously. For that matter I thought TNG series was better than any of its associated films.

There was a Star Wars analogy earlier, and for me TOS and the TOS films are the equivalent of the Original Trilogy (since they share the same actors).

That era runs for 25 years from 1966-1991.

Within that there's a core of 20 years up to 1986, which rounds out the trilogy of II-IV, and avoids the complications of TNG and its TOS crossovers. It also avoids the middle aged Uhura dancing naked!

Everything else now feels like the Sequel Trilogy (TNG, Voyager, DS9, Enterprise, Discovery, Picard): a post classic era that holds no nostalgia.

Of those, though, Discovery is the most watchable from the point of view that it's so slick and different. Yet, so slick and different that it doesn't actually fit into the era represented. Which was a good reason for the writers to catapult it into the far future.

Star Trek doesn't have a Mandalorian for me. There's no post classic series or film that managed to capture the nostalgia and charm of 1966-1986.

I loved Uhura dancing. Wish there were better lighting, though. Gorgeous woman in any age.

I don`t like ANY Trek movies, compared to series. They are always done withing the parameters of movie-theater blockbusters, and those are never a good look on Trek. Over-simplified conclusions and all the DRAMA and wow-plot turns. Let`s kill Spock, they love him most! Bam! Let`s return Khan, he was awesome, but sorta turned pieceful, let`s correct that! Bam! Super-evil Khan, yeeeaaah! Success! Now we need to repeat it... Let`s kill Spock! Damn, we already did... Let`s kill Kirk`s son! Almost as good! And crush the Enterprise, too! Bam! Another successful big screen movie done. Eh...

Star Trek doesn't have a Mandalorian for me. There's no post classic series or film that managed to capture the nostalgia and charm of 1966-1986.
I think Strange New Worlds has the most potential for that, given it's set on the original Enterprise and is meant to be more episodic like the original. Of course I'm sure some fans will complain about it being "too woke or PC" or whatever, but I for one can't freakin wait to see more adventures on the classic E.

I think Strange New Worlds has the most potential for that, given it's set on the original Enterprise and is meant to be more episodic like the original. Of course I'm sure some fans will complain about it being "too woke or PC" or whatever, but I for one can't freakin wait to see more adventures on the classic E.

I don't know anything about this one yet. Sounds interesting.

I will look at everything. Love for the character is not the only reason I get a figure. There are some figures I bought, because they were amazing on their own. And there are some figures I didn`t buy, even if I loved the character, because I hated the sculpt, or how they are generally done. Some figures I want to have simply because they are beautiful, like works of art. Does anyone else do that?
I recently bought 12" Rick Grimes, the sheriff from "The Walking Dead". I don't even watch that show, but I always love a man in an uniform and plan to use him in crossover pictures.

I did the same with 7" Chief Hopper, bought him as I liked the sheriff uniform and THEN started to watch "Stranger Things" - and had to buy the rest of the figures as well so he wasn't alone.

Maybe you should consider another restaurant 😁

This is a Restaurant of Creations., not Wendy's, not Ruth Steak House, and surely not Denny's which can serve hundreds at the same time; no T-Bone steaks, no hamburger, no salt and pepper on the table, no 2 eggs sunny side up.

This restaurant serves dishes that won't exist ever after or in another restaurant even in the future. Each dish is specially prepared for the audiences sitting in front of the chef. The audiences might even have to leave the restaurant with a hungry stomach.

This restaurant is not here to satisfy what YOU “NEED” but what YOU as a Trek fan WANT.

The restaurant is not here to take care of your hunger or but an entire Kitchen of Staffs are here to Satisfy your Taste.

If you are just hungry or just like visual presentations or atmospheric environments, then Denny's or that classy restaurant might fit your “need” better.

I am becoming metaphoric again 😊 Because everyone is reacting as they should be. Our approach is correct.

In human language, “You build YOUR own 1/6 Trek collection as you like.” instead of traditional Trek merchandise, waiting in line for an unknown “possibility” to have one.
Lol we moved on from football to restaurants.

Discovery will be an interesting one for me since I have never seen it since it is on yet another streaming service. I could see myself easily passing and then being hit by the regret Nanjin warns us about if I one day get to see it and like it. A little similar to my thoughts on the VOY figures. I preordered Janeway and saw the first episode which the kids and we enjoyed it. I also found out my wife used to watch it after school when she was younger so I can see myself getting into Voyager at some point and wanting the whole crew or never getting around to it and being content with just Janeway.

I loved Uhura dancing. Wish there were better lighting, though. Gorgeous woman in any age.

I don`t like ANY Trek movies, compared to series. They are always done withing the parameters of movie-theater blockbusters, and those are never a good look on Trek. Over-simplified conclusions and all the DRAMA and wow-plot turns. Let`s kill Spock, they love him most! Bam! Let`s return Khan, he was awesome, but sorta turned pieceful, let`s correct that! Bam! Super-evil Khan, yeeeaaah! Success! Now we need to repeat it... Let`s kill Spock! Damn, we already did... Let`s kill Kirk`s son! Almost as good! And crush the Enterprise, too! Bam! Another successful big screen movie done. Eh...
So you weren't a fan of ST2:WoK? Much like Star Wars' 2nd movie, it's obviously widely considered the best of the entire franchise.

Sits and quietly dreams of this guy

View attachment 537696
I believe Jason Isaacs has only been made in 1/6 figure form by the crappy Star Ace Harry Potter figure. I have not seen Disco, as a good friend of mine who has and has like tastes and has described a crapfest, but I also would be "mildly" interested in this .. even considering what happens to the character later.

Back