EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captains as the leads moving horizontally then move vertically with each captain's respective crew (market development and demand dictates how deep can EXO-6 go).

Series take care of the past and future movies jumping from one to another.

Incidental Characters zigzag through this grid and fulfill missing gaps that the other two couldn't reach.

I think this approach covers everyone's wants.

Horizo

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

I'll be binging TNG again soon, as I thought Amazon's price for the 41-disc Blu-ray set seemed reasonable.

It'll be a test to see if I can rejuvenate the feelings I had for TNG the first time.
I watched like 3 TNG episodes a few days ago. My feelings for them are rock solid. I am all in on those characters. I may not get EVERY Picard but I will have at least 1 of each crew.

I've found binging does help rekindle the feelings.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

What are the odds that EXO-6 creates a S1 Tasha Yar? If that materializes, what are the odds of getting remaining S1 TNG bridge crew? That season is unique especially with the looks of LaForge, Worf and even Troi's scant (Encounter at Farpoint). Riker is of course clean-shaven, and O'Brian is wearing the wine-red command color also in that premier episode. Season 2 has its unique look as well. :mummy

I'm really hoping for at least one figure in that S1 uniform, and Tasha does seem like the best choice. Although if I could have one more it would be Worf in the red uniform with gold sash, since it was such a unique look for him.

I watched like 3 TNG episodes a few days ago. My feelings for them are rock solid. I am all in on those characters. I may not get EVERY Picard but I will have at least 1 of each crew.

It must've been a few years since I watched all seven seasons, but I remember the camaraderie between the characters, and how well they played off each other. That was the big draw with TOS. Since the more lacklustre Picard and Discovery I feel like I've also drifted away from the likes of TNG, DS9 and Voyager, but clung onto TOS.

Star Trek has always been a second class universe for me, as Star Wars was the more interesting place to explore. TOS is quaint, and has always maintained a certain nostalgic charm. TNG succeeded with its character relationships, but I need to feel more involved again if I'm to buy 1/6 versions.

For writing, dialogue and acting, Buffy the Vampire Slayer has been my favourite series, but that's been even more neglected than Star Trek in 1/6. But I do remember watching TNG that it reminded me of BTVS, the way the actors/characters clicked.

Exactly what I want. Hope this collecting process would help you remember who you were at the time.

I'm really hoping for at least one figure in that S1 uniform, and Tasha does seem like the best choice. Although if I could have one more it would be Worf in the red uniform with gold sash, since it was such a unique look for him.
I want to make TNG S1 uniform but S4 and beyond are current TNG Standard.

I was looking at Yar in S1 uniform. I will decide between the 2, S1 or Yesterday Ent Yar.

Got this message today from BBTS - I was not surprised (and wouldn't have ordered QMx Scotty anyway)!!!

Hello,
Thank you for Pre-ordering from BigBadToyStore!
Unfortunately we must cancel our Pre-orders for the Star Trek: The Original Series Montgomery "Scotty" Scott 1/6 Scale Articulated Figure. If this item is re-solicited in the future, we will be sure to publish it on our website once again.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued business. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact Customer Service for assistance.
Sincerely,
BBTS Customer Service
888-980-2287

Let's see how Scotty will be doing under Exo-6 control.... If he is excellent I'll buy my Mira Romaine her good companion.

What is all that nonsense above? That can't be true? Its pretty funny though. Looks like something Disney would do if they got their hooks into Trek.

Its as bad as it looks. I really tried to like it but it just kept getting worse. I'll be able to save some cash if/when figures for that show are released...

I want to make TNG S1 uniform but S4 and beyond are current TNG Standard.

I was looking at Yar in S1 uniform. I will decide between the 2, S1 or Yesterday Ent Yar.

Season 1 and 2 TNG uniforms were horrendous. Season 3 forward are the standard for TNG. The writing and episodes improved dramatically, as well. Those are the versions of the figures that I would want to display, even for Yar. "Yesterday's Enterprise" was not only a fantastic episode but the subsequent episodes inspired by what happened there were great, as well.

Got this message today from BBTS - I was not surprised (and wouldn't have ordered QMx Scotty anyway)!!!

Hello,
Thank you for Pre-ordering from BigBadToyStore!
Unfortunately we must cancel our Pre-orders for the Star Trek: The Original Series Montgomery "Scotty" Scott 1/6 Scale Articulated Figure. If this item is re-solicited in the future, we will be sure to publish it on our website once again.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued business. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact Customer Service for assistance.
Sincerely,
BBTS Customer Service
888-980-2287

Let's see how Scotty will be doing under Exo-6 control.... If he is excellent I'll buy my Mira Romaine her good companion.

QMX is dead, Jim. It's been dead for a long time. Nanjin had provided updates on the situation for some time. Hopefully we'll see the entire TOS crew revisited sooner rather than later. It will certainly bring in more collectors and allow many of us to complete that series collection.

Clearing the dust off my old account to pop in and say I am SO excited for everything Nanjin and EXO-6 have in store. I've already been mentally compiling my wants list (which I will soon type out on a Google doc) and it's... not brief lol

At the very least, I'm in for the TOS and TNG crews, and the movie-era TNG crew as well. And then I can't say no to Odo or The Doctor or Seven, or Bashir or O'Brien or Janeway...

God, this could get dangerous lol

Exactly what I want. Hope this collecting process would help you remember who you were at the time.

Indeed, my friend. I was starting college when I first got into trek and I'm very excited now that the line is going to expand. As others have said, I am also mentally compiling lists. Few of us can get EVERY release but the goal is to get as many as possible. I'm binging Ds9 and Voyager to decide who I need the most and it's a fun process.

I have the mythical simulated Screen colors for TOS.

Together with the Set accurate colors, TOS 1/6 will fit to the Trek phase, Best of Both Worlds.
0f75a27858fc448767c44aae25769a0e.jpg

I have the mythical simulated Screen colors for TOS.

Together with the Set accurate colors, TOS 1/6 will fit to the Trek phase, Best of Both Worlds.
0f75a27858fc448767c44aae25769a0e.jpg

Thanks for sharing the process.
So is that 3 possible options of Kirk?
Wrap around, and dress uniform?

-
Not sure how/when main villains will be slotted in
If I had to choose a top villain / Captain main antagonist counterpart for each series.

TOS: Khan (Ricardo Montalban) Red jump suit, or yellow formal diner outfit
(although Romulan Commander (Joanne Linville) or (non descript) Klingon would work too)
TNG: Q (John de Lancie) Inquisitor costume
DS9: Gul Dukat (Marc Alaimo
VOY: A standard Borg (who am I kidding this is just another TNG entry, but works to fill this slot ;)

Thanks for sharing the process.
So is that 3 possible options of Kirk?
One is the dress uniform?

-
Not sure how/when main villains will be slotted in
If I had to chose just one top villain / Captain main antagonist counterpart for each series.

TOS: Khan (Ricardo Montalban) Red jump suit, or the yellow formal diner outfit
TNG: Q (John de Lancie) Inquisitor costume
DS9: Gul Dukat (Marc Alaimo
VOY: A standard Borg (who am I kidding this is just another TNG entry, but works to fill this slot)
Can't do them like Mafex or SHF.

Villains will be under Individual Character release schedule. They will also move forward swiftly not necessary one after another because my proto department works on multiple figures at the same time. Whichever outfit they can muscle out, whoever I push forward for pre-sale.

But whether it can increase in acceleration (momentum - from every 3 months to every 1 months) depends on the market acceptance of 1/6 Trek as a worthwhile collectibles. Pushing to 1 per month means I would have released approximately 18 plus figures by 2022.

Only thing I hope is that you don't rush production so fast that the sculpts end up suffering as a result. I'd much rather have a smaller number of Trek figures with great sculpts than a whole ton of figures with generic likenesses that could have used more refining. :)

Since Michael Dorn just said he's been summoned back to Star Trek service, this seems like a good day to mention that he seems like a natural next TNG-related series release as he, like Data, is probably the next biggest TNG fan favorite.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Only thing I hope is that you don't rush production so fast that the sculpts end up suffering as a result. I'd much rather have a smaller number of Trek figures with great sculpts than a whole ton of figures with generic, unfinished likenesses. :)
I don't even want to drop a hammer on my toes. Putting out inferior Trek is an express lane to failure, more like throwing a hammer at my own toes.

Remember, when I was a nobody 1/6 outsider in 2015, I produced 3000 Mal heads from a raw cast and delivered in 1.5 months. I gained 5 years experience in mistakes and errors since then, and I am friends with more than 1/2 of the 1/6 production sector. I also have my own production line. All these benefits will be put into 1/6 Trek.

Since Michael Dorn just said he's been summoned back to Star Trek service, this seems like a good day to mention that he seems like a natural next TNG-related series release as he, like Data, is probably the next biggest TNG fan favorite.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I second this. I've been collecting 1/6th scale figures since 2012. Mr. Worf is on my bucket list. I don't even care what outfit we get him in as long as we get him.

I second this. I've been collecting 1/6th scale figures since 2012. Mr. Worf is on my bucket list. I don't even care what outfit we get him in as long as we get him.

His baldric will be a huge challenge with production cost.

Is a piece of jewelry by itself, and it has to be done by hand.

I am as excited as anyone for the prospect of covering many major characters, I also collect 1/6 scale figures because I appreciate when a company makes great sculpts of great actors and actresses. For example, I am not that excited to acquire Captain Jonathan Archer, but I am very excited to add a Scott Bakula to my collection. My Hot Toys Ellen Ripley is a favorite in my collection not because I care that much about the Aliens franchise but because Sigourney Weaver is science fiction royalty.

Trek has a great history of many notable actors having minor roles. For example, Engineer Ensign Rivers from Enterprise is a wholly unimportant character, but I would still buy one because I doubt I would ever get another chance to have Seth MacFarlane in my character collection. Dean Stockwell is also a minor villain on one Enterprise episode, but I would pair a Dean Stockwell with a Scott Bakula figure any day of the week. I know super deep cuts like this are crazy and unheard of, who actually wants a Colonel Grat figure, but I just wanted to put it out there that if the line is looking for figures to make people jealous that they missed someone and the line is fine doing very limited runs for some figures, then you have the ability to approach product selection because some talent is a lot bigger than their Trek role.

Anyone else have favorite actors in minor Trek roles that they would love to buy?

Back