EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the difference between an Ilya bald head and the Sisko bald head you've just done when it comes to the mold issue? No-one will care about I mild mold seem, this is one of the most iconic characters from the supporting cast of the movies. It would be a big seller.
I’m sure because Sisko will see more production numbers than a character like Ilia so he’s more justifiable to put time into.

Thanks for sharing the video!

I will also be going with the set colors. Although I might grab a second bare bones of my favorite characters with the screen color maybe just Kirk & Spock (I think it is fascinating how the real colors were so different from what I saw on screen in some cases might be nice to be able to represent that). It might also depend on if there are multiple head sculpts in the deluxe releases that might prompt a bare bones screen color set to display the additional head sculpt.

I never thought I would one day have more Star Trek figures than Star Wars. That’s mind boggling to me. I had all of four Star Trek figures growing up. My parents had bought me a battle damage Riker figure and a Klingon figure (both Playmates) and my grandmother bought me a Data and Tasha (both pre-Playmates) from a flea market. As a little kid my GI Joes were normally stand-ins.

Some quick comps. I love that TNG Picard sculpt.
IMG_20220429_155944.jpg
IMG_20220429_160321.jpg

I wish I could see these in person before making a choice. I want them to look the way they looked on screen--that wine-red set colour looks very wrong to me, because of course I wasn't on set watching things be filmed--i was watching the final product.

But at least in these YouTube videos, the screen colour version doesn't look right either. I know that it's impossible to get it exactly right (even in the same shot, Picard and Riker's uniforms might look like different colours), but... All the same. I feel like the only way to confidently make a decision would be to hold both versions in my hands.

Also, I feel like the tailoring on the Picard jacket could be tightened up a little--it definitely isn't as spot on as the TWOK uniforms.

I'm still not seeing Frakes in that Riker sculpt. The Picard head looks... Close.

Thanks for sharing the video!

I will also be going with the set colors. Although I might grab a second bare bones of my favorite characters with the screen color maybe just Kirk & Spock (I think it is fascinating how the real colors were so different from what I saw on screen in some cases might be nice to be able to represent that). It might also depend on if there are multiple head sculpts in the deluxe releases that might prompt a bare bones screen color set to display the additional head sculpt.

I never thought I would one day have more Star Trek figures than Star Wars. That’s mind boggling to me. I had all of four Star Trek figures growing up. My parents had bought me a battle damage Riker figure and a Klingon figure (both Playmates) and my grandmother bought me a Data and Tasha (both pre-Playmates) from a flea market. As a little kid my GI Joes were normally stand-ins.
I had quite the collection of the PLaymates figures growing up. Started out with their very first series, and kept going all the way to the end. I didn't have all of them, but I did try to get representations of all the crews, and favorites like Garak, the Borg Queen, etc. I was sad when they started to get cheaper and cheaper with them, less articulation, etc. The Seven figures were especially disappointing, from what I remember.

She has to have light up function, otherwise no point making her. That is easy because we have our own female body. But her head will be a huge problem for traditional mold production because a skillful craftsman needs to spend hours in fine sanding the production head to remove the mold line across her head like a scar. A hour for one head means it will take many many months to complete an otherwise simply configuration figure (head, lights, a gown, high heels, and our body)

Long work hours on one piece isn't our capability. There is only two option, a minimal visible seam line or produce each head individually (no seamline)
She was basically printed by V'Ger. The probe probably had plenty of mold lines in places we never noticed.

New video up!
The Q, Quark, Archer, and TWOK Kirk look outstanding. On the other side, I don't like any of the McCoy headsculpts shown so far (he's my favorite character of all series), nor the Riker and Geordi.

The video really does the Q sculpt justice, it looks perfect and I can't wait to get him in hand. The seven of nine is still a question mark to me, the face looks a little plasticy-cartoonish but haven't gotten the best look yet.

I wish I could see these in person before making a choice. I want them to look the way they looked on screen--that wine-red set colour looks very wrong to me, because of course I wasn't on set watching things be filmed--i was watching the final product.

But at least in these YouTube videos, the screen colour version doesn't look right either. I know that it's impossible to get it exactly right (even in the same shot, Picard and Riker's uniforms might look like different colours), but... All the same. I feel like the only way to confidently make a decision would be to hold both versions in my hands.

Also, I feel like the tailoring on the Picard jacket could be tightened up a little--it definitely isn't as spot on as the TWOK uniforms.

I'm still not seeing Frakes in that Riker sculpt. The Picard head looks... Close.
These preferences have been on going since Blu-ray existed. Is going to be a never ending story.

Screen colors have that attractiveness especially when the sun is going down and you have warm lighting at the surrounding. I love them more than Set at this time window.

Just starting to watch. The comparison of set/screen uniform on Spock. Are the headsculpts / paint apps the same on both figures ?
Don't bother to comment. None of them are final. All done in different times with no comparison or even consider as making improvements. They are just protos. Our objective of the time was only for a "Show of Force." (Marketing Warfare Strategy)

Last edited:
The Q, Quark, Archer, and TWOK Kirk look outstanding. On the other side, I don't like any of the McCoy headsculpts shown so far (he's my favorite character of all series), nor the Riker and Geordi.

The video really does the Q sculpt justice, it looks perfect and I can't wait to get him in hand. The seven of nine is still a question mark to me, the face looks a little plasticy-cartoonish but haven't gotten the best look yet.
Agreed. As has been said many times before the Frakes image is not there … at all. And the McCoy looked goofy to me in the Mission Chicago videos and still looks goofy here. Riker is not on my shopping list , regardless.

Don't bother to comment. None of them are final. All done in different times with no comparison or even consider as making improvements. They are just protos. Our objective of the time was only for a "Show of Force." (Marketing Warfare Strategy)
Great work, Nanjin. Riker looks great here. Definitely decided on the screen accurate colours for me. Archer, Seven and Discovery Pike must be mine and of course the TWOK line I cannot wait for! Spotted TOS Sulu there too. So much to look forward to.

I get the feeling I’m going to have to buy the deluxe TWOK Kirk to get the jacket. Also an essential ( or is it standard ?) Kirk so that I can display one with the away jacket and one with the uniform and book. I guess I’m going to have to buy the deluxe TWOK Spock to get the superior “fascinating” headsculpt, but I don’t really want the warp core.

I get the feeling I’m going to have to buy the deluxe TWOK Kirk to get the jacket. Also an essential ( or is it standard ?) Kirk so that I can display one with the away jacket and one with the uniform and book. I guess I’m going to have to buy the deluxe TWOK Spock to get the superior “fascinating” headsculpt, but I don’t really want the warp core.
The away team jacket looks fantastic but I'd have to always go with the book holding iconic look. Great to have display options though.

Back