EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The QMx Kirk is a prime example.

Nanjin managed to find the perfect material that reacted like the actual shirt, so that under different lighting the figure's shirt changes from green to gold.

There was a lot of anger about the coveralls included in Trick or Treat Studio's '78 Halloween Accessory Set. They were advertised as 'Spruce green' (described in the original Sears catalogue as 'medium green'), yet appeared to be more grey.

Yet I found under different lighting conditions TOTS' had found a chameleon material, varying from blue-grey through grey to green-grey. I found the perfect position, with the right light turned on, where the figure looks just like he's wearing 'Tex green' (described by Sears as 'gray-green'), which is just right to me. In other light it can turn more blue, or charcoal, just as in the film.

People who even worked on the Halloween film can't agree what colour they were, because the coveralls must've been so sensitive to changes in light.

It sounds like Nanjin's found the perfect material for TMP Kirk, able to represent both the green-grey and grey examples on film depending on your own lighting set up.

Even when you search for "Loden green", the colour swatches that come up on Google don't even match each other. Add to that the fact that colours are dependent on your own screen/monitor set up, and the whole colour debate is pretty controversial, and very hard to settle.

As Nanjin has written numerous times before, if someone asks for "screen accurate" it all depends on the screen they watched it on. Hence I think 'prop accurate' is the safest bet, and if you find it doesn't suit you in hand you can try changing your light bulbs (e.g, LED warm to cool, or vice versa).
Language can't describe Color spectrum.

Loden Green is the color name given by Pantone - the big boss of color on this entire planet. The company who dictates colors on this earth in ANY industry.

The full name of the color is called:

PANTONE
18-0422 TCX
Loden Green

(The above is for Cotton only, polyester fabric will be different. The name “Londen Green” is given by Pantone).

Londen Green is just a name.
If you have the Pantone Swatch pack (expensive membership), you can see TCX in any Adobe apps.

There is only ONE TCX 18-0422 Loden Green on this earth.

If grey is the subject, then I can abuse this subject even further.

True grey can only exist between pure white and pure black.

If the Admiral uniform is pure grey, no matter what you do with your monitor Hue control, it will look the same without changes.

If it is not pure grey, it will change to all kinds of color when you play around with the Hue control.

Try it, then you will see all kinds of color change from the “grey” you see from your monitor, and which means that grey you see, isn't grey but has other color or colors in it.

I go deep. When i stand firm on a subject, it is because i have film and objective info and a reasonable conclusion to back myself up.

Now some physic. Perception is just like General Relativity. It is different from everyone's Perspectives. (There's no argument on this. Do your own research on physics regarding color spectrum).

I have a scientific mind. I can change on what i believe only if you can provide me with solid evidence to support your findings.

Last edited:
Language can't describe Color spectrum.

Loden Green is the color name given be Pantone - the big boss of color in the entire planet.

The full name of the color is called:

PANTONE
18-0422 TCX
Loden Green

(Cotton only, polyester fabric will be different)

If you have the Pantone Swatch pack (expensive membership), you can see it any Adobe apps.

There is only ONE TCX 18-0422 Loden Green on this earth.

If you want grey then I can abuse this subject even further.

True grey is color between between pure white and pure black.

If the Admiral uniform is pure grey, no matter what you do with your monitor Hue control, it will look the same without changes.

If it is not our grey, it will change to all kinds of color when you play around with the Hue control.

No one can possibly give me a correct Grey for this uniform. Because it never existed.

Now some more physic. Perception is just like General Relativity. It is different from everyone's Perspectives.

I have a very strong back ground in color and fabric.

I can change my mind, only if you can give solid evidence. I won't listen to simple “comments” from looking.

It's a good argument for going for 'prop accuracy', as it's the only stable constant when the precise colour of the prop is known.

Everything after that is environment dependent, which dictates how it will look in hand.

This is a correct observation.
With Nanjin-directed figures, I always enjoy the discovery of seeing in-hand what the actual uniform colors are -- and because he is almost OCD on accuracy, I know that the colors are correct. It is a revelation experience, which I appreciate. Playing around with the light sources in my display is the control factor for adjusting the look to my liking. It's like the hue/saturation controls on your computer monitor, only in real life.

With Nanjin-directed figures, I always enjoy the discovery of seeing in-hand what the actual uniform colors are -- and because he is almost OCD on accuracy, I know that the colors are correct. It is a revelation experience, which I appreciate. Playing around with the light sources in my display is the control factor for adjusting the look to my liking. It's like the hue/saturation controls on your computer monitor, only in real life.
There will be some showing of simulated screen colors. In my subjective opinion, they look really good in most pictures but very out of place in natural sunlight.

You guys decide. Make the wrong decision in your selection and regret later, then prepare to pay eBay price for a correction. It shouldn't be cheap because they will be rare.

I am throwing the ball back to you. You decide on your own collection, standardized set colors or “never accurate” screen simulated color.

I am sure someone will regret.

allgoodthings-combine2.jpg

There will be some showing of simulated screen colors. In my subjective opinion, they look really good in most pictures but very out of place in natural sunlight.

You guys decide. Make the wrong decision in your selection and regret later, then prepare to pay eBay price for a correction. It shouldn't be cheap because they will be rare.

I am throwing the ball back to you. You decide on your own collection, standardized set colors or “never accurate” screen simulated color.

I am sure someone will regret.
Any update on when the extra Picard and Data figures will be available for purchase? I don't want to miss out!

Any update on when the extra Picard and Data figures will be available for purchase? I don't want to miss out!
I am curious about this too. I always planned on getting a 2nd Data since I really want to display the second head sculpt. Although with how fast and furious the figures are about to come I might have to rethink it.

I am curious about this too. I always planned on getting a 2nd Data since I really want to display the second head sculpt. Although with how fast and furious the figures are about to come I might have to rethink it.
I have a rule against double-dipping, but I've been seriously considering it for Data. Displaying him in a trio with Locutus and the Borg Queen would, I think, look absolutely fantastic.

You still can, just wait for TNG Data if you miss out on another FC :)

You still can, just wait for TNG Data if you miss out on another FC :)
Yeah, I think I might go for that instead. It'd be easier to pitch to my wife, too, lol.
"But honey, it's not the same figure! He's wearing a different shirt, see?!?!?"

Don't buy s second data. Collect a TNG version instead.

Back