EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that's the core concept for TMP release.

Note that there are 4 subjects, Kirk, Spock, McCoy, and Lady Enterprise.

We can't make a 1/6 refit Enterprise, but surely able to do a 1/6 scale Refit Enterprise commanding chair.

Now, all four are truely together in 1/6 Trekverse in one meaningful setting in your man or woman cave.

The refit chair has interchangable TMP and TWOK command chair upholstery for both TMP and TWOK collectors. The chair will also include high resolution print backdrops for both versions of refit.

Collectors for both TMP and TWOK can switch their display from time to time or according to your Trek movie night theme.

Now, fans can choose to between displaying the 4 when they first met again, or the 4 when they battle with Khan.

Jump boat before the point of no return. We don't take prisoners. All of you will he assimilated.

Resistance is Futile

View attachment 570310
The command chair is coming along. It's nice to have interchangeable parts. Even though Kirk wasn't in his first uniform in the chair, he was on the bridge in it, so it works.

Some tweaks to the Admiral's uniform would be nice. Besides accurately coloring it grey instead of green, it would be nice if the three gold rank insignias were flush against each other with no gap, giving the illusion of one big thick one, and one thin one.
20220406_091508.jpg

Attachments

• 20220406_091606.jpg
    20220406_091606.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220406_091523.jpg
    20220406_091523.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 39
Isn’t Admiral Kirk one of those already-in-production figures that can’t be changed?

As someone just looking to collect the principal cast from each television series I've been disappointed so far. Everything's been movie-related Trek. Don't see anything I want. TV shows need some love.
Q and Locutis are from the T.V......

The command chair is coming along. It's nice to have interchangeable parts. Even though Kirk wasn't in his first uniform in the chair, he was on the bridge in it, so it works.

Some tweaks to the Admiral's uniform would be nice. Besides accurately coloring it grey instead of green, it would be nice if the three gold rank insignias were flush against each other with no gap, giving the illusion of one big thick one, and one thin one.View attachment 570418
Please bring this issue to some uniform club. There won't be any changes.

Like collect, don't like, move on to another figure.

We're definitely getting Khan and the Borg Queen, and Kruge and Chang have both been hinted at. But not sure about any of the other villains. I think a Sybock would actually be cool to have since he had a great look and presence about him, but Ru'afo and Shinzon were pretty forgettable so I can live without them.
Totally agree about Ru’afo and Shinzon, however they would look good in the collection - Ru’afo because of his odd appearance and shiny gold bits and Shinzon with the contrasting colours with his bald head and iridescent outfit - if it can be pulled off (and not literally 😄).

Some tweaks to the Admiral's uniform would be nice. Besides accurately coloring it grey instead of green, it would be nice if the three gold rank insignias were flush against each other with no gap, giving the illusion of one big thick one, and one thin one.View attachment 570418
There are plenty of photos showing the accurate colour scheme of the uniform, such as the one here. However you feel about the colour grading of the film, Nanjin has been very transparent to be fair regarding accurate set colours versus on-screen representation. I do understand the mixed feelings this might cause some but there it is.

Attachments

• FFC6AA13-9AB7-4F8D-813B-F69A5AEE0D8D.jpeg
    FFC6AA13-9AB7-4F8D-813B-F69A5AEE0D8D.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 84
Totally agree about Ru’afo and Shinzon, however they would look good in the collection - Ru’afo because of his odd appearance and shiny gold bits and Shinzon with the contrasting colours with his bald head and iridescent outfit - if it can be pulled off (and not literally 😄).
If I were to get any villain from Insurrection it would probably be Admiral Dougherty, since I found him the more memorable character in that movie.

I’m tempted to pick up the Star Trek Costumes book now :D
Same I’ve always found costumes (and props/set design) fascinating for these shows / movies.

Some personal musings over the whole colour debate people can’t seem to move on from. The way I see it in the costuming community there’s 2 factions - first there’s the costumer who wants 100% screen accuracy (which as we know colour grading and your individual screen of the day changes that dramatically) which the second want set accuracy.

For me that argument always boils down to costumers intent - the “gold” TOS uniforms were meant to be green like Kirks dress and wrap uniforms, and in season 2/3 the change in fabric gets that across more so than season 1. Despite that everyone sees them as gold, the DS9 episode even flat out said “command wore gold”.

Then there is colour X was chosen as they wanted it to look like colour Y on screen as they knew it would photograph that way - I’ve not read much on the history of TMP costumes so someone who has may be able to tell us whether the Admirals uniform was meant to be grey to match the other duty uniforms or green to follow on from the TOS command intended colour.

Back to the costumers - the second group are the ones who are want set accurate costumes as if they pulled it off of a rack on set as a piece of history.

This is the group Nanjin belongs to, he wants to realise a museum of Star Trek costumes shrunk down to 1/6 scale just as if we had taken the costume off of the set and used Pym particles to scale it down to size.

If I were costuming I think I’d want the colours optimised to whatever could be determined as intended screen colour… with Exo-6 I’m more than pleased to watch Nanjin see his 1/6 museum come to life.

thanks for reading my chaotic thoughts.

Same I’ve always found costumes (and props/set design) fascinating for these shows / movies.

Some personal musings over the whole colour debate people can’t seem to move on from. The way I see it in the costuming community there’s 2 factions - first there’s the costumer who wants 100% screen accuracy (which as we know colour grading and your individual screen of the day changes that dramatically) which the second want set accuracy.

For me that argument always boils down to costumers intent - the “gold” TOS uniforms were meant to be green like Kirks dress and wrap uniforms, and in season 2/3 the change in fabric gets that across more so than season 1. Despite that everyone sees them as gold, the DS9 episode even flat out said “command wore gold”.

Then there is colour X was chosen as they wanted it to look like colour Y on screen as they knew it would photograph that way - I’ve not read much on the history of TMP costumes so someone who has may be able to tell us whether the Admirals uniform was meant to be grey to match the other duty uniforms or green to follow on from the TOS command intended colour.

Back to the costumers - the second group are the ones who are want set accurate costumes as if they pulled it off of a rack on set as a piece of history.

This is the group Nanjin belongs to, he wants to realise a museum of Star Trek costumes shrunk down to 1/6 scale just as if we had taken the costume off of the set and used Pym particles to scale it down to size.

If I were costuming I think I’d want the colours optimised to whatever could be determined as intended screen colour… with Exo-6 I’m more than pleased to watch Nanjin see his 1/6 museum come to life.

thanks for reading my chaotic thoughts.
Nice. Totally agree.

I’m tempted to pick up the Star Trek Costumes book now :D
Do it, it’s a great book - especially for reference. There are so many details etc that get missed on tv/film and are just fantastic to study, makes the reader even more appreciative for the efforts that the costume designers went/go to.

Just watched TMP again the other day, and though I always thought it was gray, you definitely can tell it is green in some of the scenes. All depends on the lighting.
Did you by chance just watch the new HD Director's cut? I just did.....it's grey. BUT.....Exo-6 is Nanjin's company and he can choose to do what he wants....and as he rightfully points out....I can choose to pass on the figure which I shall. Moving on with life now.....

Last edited:
Nanjin....I admire the work, and the obvious, intense, passion you have for the source material. Your dedication borders on religious zeal, lol.

Everything I have seen thus far is museum quality.

You just keep doing your thing.... despite any feedback-- negative, positive, or neutral.

I am impressed with your plan to release them in whatever way that works best to keep you in business. Make money and keep rolling.

Those of us who want the product will find a way. Even if we have to resort in the trading of Orion dancers.

In a world where things are announced and never...materialize (pun intended), you won't find me complaining about the speed at which any product is released.

I am reminded of the scene in Undiscovered Country where someone questions Captain Sulu's desire for more speed. They say something to the effect of "If we go any faster, the ship will fly apart. Sulu's response :"FLY HER APART!!".

The ship didn't fly apart, and neither will EXO-6. Big plans....but not so big as her Captain.

Warp Speed, Sir. Warp speed.

Back