EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me personally....I don't really care about what color a prop was in life. I care about the figure representing what we saw (and fell in love with) on TV. Bright blue Spock will always be "correct" for me regardless of what you do with the teal prop color. It will just look like Spock with a wrong color outfit....

For me personally....I don't really care about what color a prop was in life. I care about the figure representing what we saw (and fell in love with) on TV. Bright blue Spock will always be "correct" for me regardless of what you do with the teal prop color. It will just look like Spock with a wrong color outfit....
Regardless what you like, set colors are the correct colors. Those wanted set accurate constitued m ore than 50% of the previous version of TOS.

Do note EXO-6 primary target market is Star Trek fans who want the best, 1/6 scale market is secondary. 1/6 Scale Trek fans is small comparing to the major market.

Set Accurate will always be official color.

Last edited:
While I understand and partly agree with you, the problem is that what you think is correct based on your TV colors may not be what others find correct based on their TV's. True prop colors will guarantee uniformity and provide the "official" color, based on the actual prop. I can accept that, even if the color may initially appear to be slightly off. I know, as Nanjin experienced, I will get used to it, in no time.

Think of Han Solo's coat color in "The Empire Strikes Back"; appeared to be blue in the initial release but was in fact brown. The Mandalorian's flight suit is either gray or brown. I'm still not exactly sure, as it changes from episode to episode. In the Matrix, Agent Smith's suit jacket has a green tint due to the color adjustments done in the film. I always assumed it was simply black. Those are just a few examples.

While I understand and partly agree with you, the problem is that what you think is correct based on your TV colors may not be what others find correct based on their TV's. True prop colors will guarantee uniformity and provide the "official" color, based on the actual prop. I can accept that, even if the color may initially appear to be slightly off. I know, as Nanjin experienced, I will get used to it, in no time.

Think of Han Solo's coat color in "The Empire Strikes Back"; appeared to be blue in the initial release but was in fact brown. The Mandalorian's flight suit is either gray or brown. I'm still not exactly sure, as it changes from episode to episode. In the Matrix, Agent Smith's suit jacket has a green tint due to the color adjustments done in the film. I always assumed it was simply black. Those are just a few examples.
I serious believe the set colors will grow in most of the fans.

Thus there are fans who just want something out from TV monitor. This why I will offer Simulated Color as an option. But the core focus will be Set Accuracy, and I believe some will eventually go out and seach for the discontinued Set Accurate version which means eBay monster price.

Furthermore, I am positioning our Trek figures as Museum Grade, and I am open to do pilot, S1, and S2 uniforms if the needed fabric is found.

Therefore S3 double knit Set Accurate is needed to begin.

I prefer set accurate to screen accurate as it has been noted before in this forum that not all screen settings match, but the idea of having both set accurate and a consensus screen accurate look is interesting. Not sure if it'd be possible to put out a deluxe figure with both uniforms but that seems like a solution to ensure no one has any complaints about how the uniform looks. Selling individual uniform components (and possibly other accessories) is also a possibility, as would be two versions of each figure though I don't know how many people would want to double up.

I totally understand what you mean, but what's cool about set accurate colors in these 1/6th scale uniforms is the fact that you can get the colors to be what you remember by simply displaying them under lights that push the color hues to be to your liking. The set accurate colors will always behave the same way they did on the actual TV show production sets.

I prefer set accurate to screen accurate as it has been noted before in this forum that not all screen settings match, but the idea of having both set accurate and a consensus screen accurate look is interesting. Not sure if it'd be possible to put out a deluxe figure with both uniforms but that seems like a solution to ensure no one has any complaints about how the uniform looks. Selling individual uniform components (and possibly other accessories) is also a possibility, as would be two versions of each figure though I don't know how many people would want to double up.
Figires packaged with Starfleet Museum logo will have more accessories and options. Additional Simulated colors uniforms can be one of these options. After all, the uniforms color arguements began when HD DVD was introduced. That's more than 15 years of arguements. Is Trek Culture. Have to include this part of Trekverse history in our 1/6 Trek Museum.

On the other hand, any figures with simulated colors only will only have minimum accessories or options.

EXO-6 product plan is 1/6 Scale Star Trek outfit Museum. No way for us to go on another direction. The plan already in motion. No way to turn back and won't go back.

I totally understand what you mean, but what's cool about set accurate colors in these 1/6th scale uniforms is the fact that you can get the colors to be what you remember by simply displaying them under lights that push the color hues to be to your liking. The set accurate colors will always behave the same way they did on the actual TV show production sets.
Correctly stated. Those TV color will show up at night (tungsten) and at dawn and sunset hours.

Simulated color will not look natural in those time.

Do note one uniqueness about S3 double knit fabric. Because the thread is a double knit, light reflects different than smoother fabric like the Black undershit that we used (reflect more lights because is a smoother surface)

This preference will never end. Cosplayers already had 15+ years of arguements on this.

Best course of action, offer both, you decide. Just don't regret. Regret will cost a lot of money. Started with Simulated, then you have to finish the crew with Simulated color uniforms.

Eh I'm still very much in the screen accurate camp, especially when the set colors could often look very different from how they appeared on screen. Spock's tunic may look many different shades of blue on screen, but I never see any of that greenish-blue teal color in it that the actual costume had, and that we saw on that original QMX Spock proto.

And the TNG uniforms may have looked a bit burgundy at times on screen, but never as deep and dark a burgundy as what we got on the QMX Picard. Which always made it hard for me to really love that figure in my collection.

Last edited:
I perfectly agree with you Nanjin as long as set accurate includes longer boot legs for the female TOS officers of S3 compared to S1 and S2.

I believe I was the only person in Trekverse actually spent time to research and conduct visual experiments using standard scientific method by having a controlled subject and able to recreat the same result under the same conditions.

This is a simplified conclusion picture from my findings.

Original - a plain unprocessed picture using 5500k lights pre-collaborated white balance with standard photography grey card. Noticed the Avocado command gold isn't correct. The fabric, light, and the color itself somehow affected the green color spectrum. But the Science Teal is obvious. Everything else looked correct comparing to actual figures.

Control - Standard HD Screen Cap for us to compare results.

Results - apply averaged color grading from 50 Std HD Screen Cap. Same On-Screen colors can be recreated. The same results couldn't be recreated without the Set Accurate colors and 5500k light source (day light)

Consistency - I can recreate the same Simulated Color from Set Accurate uniform EVERYTIME.

Conclusion
People chose their own colors subjectively. Only Set Accurate is the true color. This also means all Trek fans can say my simulated color is wrong except myself. It is illogical to pursue the Simulated Colors as “accurate color” basing on what we saw at random and choose to believe is the correct color.

BTW, let's move.away from this subject. Is a never ending story.

Screenshot_20211127-150151_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
I believe I was the only person in Trekverse actually spent time to research and conduct visual experiments using standard scientific method by having a controlled subject and able to recreat the same result under the same conditions.

This is a simplified conclusion picture from my findings.

Original - a plain unprocessed picture using 5500k lights pre-collaborated white balance with standard photography grey card. Noticed the Avocado command gold isn't correct. The fabric, light, and the color itself somehow affected the green color spectrum. But the Science Teal is obvious. Everything else looked correct comparing to actual figures.

Control - Standard HD Screen Cap for us to compare results.

Results - apply averaged color grading from 50 Std HD Screen Cap. Same On-Screen colors can be recreated. The same results couldn't be recreated without the Set Accurate colors and 5500k light source (day light)

Consistency - I can recreate the same Simulated Color from Set Accurate uniform EVERYTIME.

Conclusion
People chose their own colors subjectively. Only Set Accurate is the true color.

View attachment 548107
Please explain the pics, all I see is tunics with rank braids of QMx Kirk n Spock V1.

Back