EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks @nanjin! Admittedly, I’d probably be your only customer for random Borg drones (if I had the cash I’d write a blank check to fund them 😅), but it’s awesome that you’re giving us the Queen! Stoked to preorder Seven of Nine too (and the whole Voyager crew). You’re answering a lot of Trek 1/6 scale dreams 🤩
I am sure what I want is what 99% of the Trek fans want.

^
Yep, I also would want 1/6 scale assimilated Borg aliens. I have a few bashed together versions in my collection but mine will never be as good as an official release.

Assimilated Klingons and other warrior versions would be awesome.

I worked with a CGI dude and designed 3 base Borg drone with 4 major interchangeable parts (including head) for a total of 12 drone variations (simple combination and permutation arrangements 3x4)
I think an unnamed drone could work especially if there were interchangeable parts. The uniqueness of it might get some to buy it, those that already want the drone would get it and it would have the built in ability to be used as an army builder without feeling like the 3-4 of the same figure standing on the shelf. Granted I could probably only afford one but it would tempt me to try to get 2-3 if I could afford it.

I would buy two generic borg drones, two original series Klingons, and two movie/next generation Klingons. I also want an original series red shirt set so I can army build a security team.
Maybe I’m the only one but man, I’d love that.
As far as we're talking TOS you're not alone!

Waiting for this hourglass beauty!
67980682-3D3E-470B-AA70-17A9029220BE.jpeg

I don't think Trek has the support for unnamed Borg drones.

I worked with a CGI dude and designed 3 base Borg drone with 4 major interchangeable parts (including head) for a total of 12 drone variations (simple combination and permutation arrangements 3x4)

But 1/6 Trek market demand seems like not able to support the possibility of unnamed borg drone....

No volume to support this product line.

I believe that once you do mainline Next Gen and TOS that you will onboard collectors to the line who have been resisting and convert to supporters for other sublines. I think other properties like DS9 will benefit from this effect from Next Gen more than TOS, and I honestly hope you do some Next Gen before DS9 so it benefits from a large ‘on boarding’ event.

Also for more cautious collectors that don’t know you and your history to support exo-6 direct, they only have FC Data in hand. You might even ship me my direct EMH order before I get my Janeway and FC Picard(s) in hand. The company is still so new from the consumer side that otherwise informed sixth scale collectors still have no idea what your deal is. The shipping delays aren’t just slowing delivery of figures, it is slowing EXO-6 brand growth from being a discussed name in the sixth scale world.

Overall I found my Data’s quality to be above above the industry standard for licensed sixth scale (I am an aggressive collector with nearly 200 figures from Hot Toys, Threezero, Blitzway, Sideshow, TBLeague, and Asmus). The only thing that I think could be critically said of the product was something reviewers pointed out and that was the ‘softness’ of Data’s hair sculpt. But overall, I really think figures in hands will get people wanting more. There’s definitely a sixth scale ‘generalist’ market out there that is less Trek-centric but loves great figures and you’re still needing to break into their hearts and minds. I think once you win them over, you will find support for things like Borg.

... I also want an original series red shirt set so I can army build a security team...
Security, yes! But with utility belt, please (From "Obsession"). (And please no lieutenant rank badges, as seen so often on other episodes of the show where two security members exercising simple security duties are wearing lieutenant rank stripes.)

Obsession_083.JPG

And Uhura as the commanding officer of the security team, she also with utility belt, but a slimmer one, of course (From: "City on the edge of forever").

cityontheedge_083 (2).jpg

That's what we're asking for.

Last edited:

"Be Extremely Subtle, Even To The Point Of Formlessness. Be Extremely Mysterious, Even To The Point Of Soundlessness."​

Captain Saru, USS Discovery. A quote from the book of Warfare by Sun Tze.

I know it's been suggested before, but I'd really love a Kirk in his 2nd Pilot outfit, just so I can finally display him with the cool QMX phaser rifle. I've tried using it with the current figure but it never looked right.

captain-kirk.jpg

☝️ This poor schlub to the left of Kirk (our right) looks so defeated. He must already know his fate.
Him? he was the only red shirt to survive only to get confined to quarters and released later when Kirk realized that you couldn‘t fight the mysterious cloud with phasers.

Because of the rifle, and the utility belt, I was bombed with complaints. Understandable.
I know I'm a rather ignorant fan compared to these folks, but ....really?! I don't get it. Just leave the accessories in the box if it offends them so.

And I like the utility belts, personally. Oh well.

Last edited:
As for the 1/6 Borg, I don't know how well a generic drone would sell, but what about something like a Hugh or Locutus that had swap out parts to make a generic drone if desired?

And on the Kirk front, the 2nd pilot look would be kind of cool. Maybe the new TOS Kirk could have different tops to switch out?

Back