EXO-6 Star Trek “The Motion Picture (TMP)” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven’t received mine yet to examine in hand. … but… another poster had made a comment about the folded hands being 3D printed instead of molded. He had blown up a close up of the hands and questionEd if they were only in the prototype or would later be molded. I’m not sure what the appearance of a 3D print vs. a mold.
ALL that said these look pretty crappy

Attachments

• 1DDC4114-71FA-48BF-89AA-1718A5CA86F1.jpeg
    1DDC4114-71FA-48BF-89AA-1718A5CA86F1.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 0
Haven’t received mine yet to examine in hand. … but… another poster had made a comment about the folded hands being 3D printed instead of molded. He had blown up a close up of the hands and questionEd if they were only in the prototype or would later be molded. I’m not sure what the appearance of a 3D print vs. a mold.
That was me. I said the promo image of the final spock had 3D printed hands. You can see layer lines within the print. However, from that in-hand image, the final clasped hands do indeed look molded because there's an obvious (and rather ugly) mold line with leftover flashing.

That was me. I said the promo image of the final spock had 3D printed hands. You can see layer lines within the print. However, from that in-hand image, the final clasped hands do indeed look molded because there's an obvious (and rather ugly) mold line with leftover flashing.
Molded or 3D I don’t know the difference. But from this persons “in hand image” it kind of appears to be … “bush league” to me. I was looking forward. This seemed to be a very unique feature. And everything else about the fig looks good so it doesn’t destroy the figure, just diminishes it a bit .

Considering the time between ordering and release, it's a minor nit. They could have delayed release for another year or two like the major players in the industry.

The usual way - hairdryer. They come out okay. Not the worst I've had to deal with.

View attachment 614179

I didn't have an ankle kit on hand, so I modified a spare set of pegs.

View attachment 614178

Indiana Fett did a much better job futzing the trouser legs than I did. I'll need to revisit him after Spock arrives.
Thanks for this, but screw all that. I'm just going to position Kirk in the foreground and Spock in the background a la Kevin Hart's wedding photo. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah that does not look great, but shouldn't be too hard to sand and repaint.

Don't let that get you down. My Spock arrived yesterday via USPS, despite the fact that the tracking number never came up on their site.
Actually it’s in Chicago as of today. So should be here by next week. I just sometimes worry when ordering from overseas about packages getting lost.

Then again I ordered some gifts from Amazon and those got lost I’m pretty sure with all the weather issues in the Midwest (I’m in South Dakota). Luckily Amazon sent replacements.

Considering the time between ordering and release, it's a minor nit. They could have delayed release for another year or two like the major players in the industry.
…or considering all the delays for perceived issues for a figure with few if any accessories it plays out to be a considerable issue. How many times did Nanjin say he was sending this back to the factory for correction ?

Hands are fine. If you really wanna get picky, there's a slight line on the bottom that no one will ever see. Otherwise, an outstanding figure. Especially like the wire in the cape. Nice touch.

…or considering all the delays for perceived issues for a figure with few if any accessories it plays out to be a considerable issue. How many times did Nanjin say he was sending this back to the factory for correction ?
Who cares? Mine just showed up this morning and the hands are fine, unless you're going to look them over with a magnifying glass.

I will concur that printing lines and the like are unsightly. Based on what we've seen so far of these hands, they're not pretty, but I think the good outweighs the bad in this instance. Others may disagree which is fine.

Last edited:
My Spock arrived yesterday and I put him on top of the dresser in my bedroom while I find a better location for him.
The wife said, "I don't want that thing looking at us making love." Isn't her comment a testament to how realistic-looking
this version of Spock is? :LOL:

I will concur that printing lines and the like are unsightly. Based on what we've seen so far of these hands, they're not pretty, but I think the good outweighs the bad in this instance. Others may disagree which is fine.
Printing lines, as in the EXO-6 main picture, are impossible to do anything about without filler and a lot of time. Those production hands are molded, meaning just that mold line to deal with, which is much easier to clean up.

Back