EXO-6 Star Trek “Deep Space Nine” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's images where the lower section on the Bajoran phaser appears silver, copper, gold, and even black. Either it was a lighting thing, or they repainted those props in between seasons and even episodes, or new props probably didn't get exactly the same color as existing props when they were made - likely all of the above.
Anyway, here's a photo of one from an auction and that part appears to be a glossy dark brown or bronze color:
View attachment 650450
That's closer to what I was expecting. All the screen used ones I've seen (including the screen used prop I own myself) have a darker bronze or copper coloring, not silver. The only silver ones I've seen are from replicas for sale on Etsy and such.

As other have said, the contrast on the shoulder pattern is just way, way too high. I actually think the headsculpt looks good, but as usual the photos are really not serving it. I think upping their photography game would make huge difference.

Yeah I quite like the sculpt but that uniform is a choice….and given Nanjins usual attention to detail I’m kinda surprised this got approved. Hoping the final product looks a little bit better.

I just pre-ordered but I'm rather disappointed in the photos of the figure. The body looks great but the outfit, particularly those black stripes are just off. The head sculpt looks good in some photos and not so good in others, and we're talking about EXO-6's own product photos.

She is a must-have to my DS9 collection but...

The more I look at the pictures of Kira I really can’t get past how bad the stitches on the shoulders look.

The more I look at the pictures of Kira I really can’t get past how bad the stitches on the shoulders look.

Yeah - we went from a PERFECT Sisko, to a pretty darned good Quark, to THIS.

Very disappointing, and a real shame. Given the render we saw, I can only hope it's down to the lighting, photos or paint.

Maybe the production copies will be better - but as I said above, there's no way I'm pre-ordering based on the photos on their website.

This has also left me concerned about future releases, as we've had too many likenesses from them lately that were (to varying degrees) lacking.

It'll suck if I end up selling the excellent EXO-6 figures I already have because of sub-par sculpts on new announcements.

I'm not thrilled with how Kira looks, but I'm gonna get it. The stitching pattern is what it is, I guess. It makes me wish Nanjin had gone with the Season 4+ uniform instead, though.

I realize I’m piling on at this point, but that Bajoran earring is pretty cheap and plasticy too. I little metal would have gone a long way there. Might have increased the cost if each Kira by nearly $0.12 however…

They must have used this reference (which I've never seen before and have no memory of on the show. But even here, with those sleeve patterns darker than I've ever seen them, EXO went even darker and more pervasive:

View attachment 650399

This is what I was expecting:

View attachment 650403

I think I see part of the issue.
It was pointed out to me recently that DS9, specifically early DS9 (like that photo above) used a really heavy filter that made everything seem a bit, i dunno, foggier? Blurrier? But in the promo pics, which had no filter, the black lines are much more prominent.
So it might be another issue of screen vs. set accuracy.

Yeah - we went from a PERFECT Sisko, to a pretty darned good Quark, to THIS.

I dare you to try putting your Sisko into this pose, screw with the sleeves and strap for two hours trying to hide the wrists (not the pegs) on the puzzling caucasian arms EXO-6 put on the body, and call it "PERFECT" again.
1689728475879.png

I dare you to try putting your Sisko into this pose, screw with the sleeves and strap for two hours trying to hide the wrists (not the pegs) on the puzzling caucasian arms EXO-6 put on the body, and call it "PERFECT" again.

I. Don't. Care. :)

This feels like one instance where he was a little too intent on being true to the costume colors. And unfortunately he's such a purist on the subject that I'll be surprised if he makes any changes for the production figure.

There's also this:
1689733591424.png

He hasn't replied yet, but if this is the answer is yes, it further strengthens the case for investing a bit more for better photography.

About the only thing that makes sense when I ask myself why EXO-6 hasn't fired their photographer yet, is because the answer is it's Nanjin. :ROFLMAO: But they really need to hire a better photographer. Like yesterday.

DS9 faithful are really stuck here. This figure ever getting made was highly unlikely but then you see this headsculpt. You want the whole crew but yikes. This sculpt is, well …

There’s no subjective on things like this. This issues are objectively apparent, hence the high volume of concern here :D throwing out maybes at this stage is just really offputting.

Back